PDA

View Full Version : Rosemary Beer Rinse

Cococure
03-25-2003, 05:28 AM
I'm new but I've been using this recipe for a while so I thought I'd share. It's actually good for all kinds of hair. I found this in a book full of Homemade Beauty Products. Hair, Face, Lips Feet you name it. Of course I can't find the book now or remember the name of it but anyway.....

Rosmary Beer Rinse

Ingedients:

2-4 drops Rosmary* Essential Oil
1 can strong beer (stout)

*According to the book those with lighter hair should replace Rosemary with Camomile.

How to:

Combine Rosemary and beer in a bottle. Place in fridge and let sit for at least 24 hours

Use:

After washing (poo or no poo) pour solution over head. Make sure entire scalp is saturated. At this point you can either rinse or put on a cap and let the steam in the shower work for you. If you're using the cap wait 2-5 minutes then rinse well.

The Rosemary is supposed to open up pores in your scalp and the barley and alcohol in the beer is supposed to stimulate folicles. After I use it my whole head feels tingly fresh. Don't forget to moisturise appropriately afterward.

Enjoy!

NappilyEverAfter
03-26-2003, 12:43 AM
Thanks. I am going to try this. I'll let you know when I do.

NEA ;0)

dembasamba
03-28-2003, 04:16 AM
WOW. Rosemary is the all time all purpose herb when it comes to hair.

twistednubian
03-31-2003, 12:18 AM
I'm new but I've been using this recipe for a while so I thought I'd share. It's actually good for all kinds of hair. I found this in a book full of Homemade Beauty Products. Hair, Face, Lips Feet you name it. Of course I can't find the book now or remember the name of it but anyway.....

I got that book. It has a lot of good ideas!

Cococure
03-31-2003, 12:30 AM
[quote][b]I'm new but I've been using this recipe for a while so I thought I'd share. It's actually good for all kinds of hair. I found this in a book full of Homemade Beauty Products. Hair, Face, Lips Feet you name it. Of course I can't find the book now or remember the name of it but anyway.....

I got that book. It has a lot of good ideas!

That's really funny how you know what book I'm talking about even though for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. But it is a great book......if I could just find it. :D

twistednubian
03-31-2003, 01:08 AM
That's really funny how you know what book I'm talking about even though for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. But it is a great book......if I could just find it. :D

Okay, you're right maybe it's not the same book but I have a book that sounds exactly like the one you are referring to. It has homemade recipes for hair, face, body, nails, feet and makeup. Either way......GREAT BOOK!

caribqueen127
03-31-2003, 04:00 AM
thank goodness I am finally old enough to buy alcohol, I'm going to try this out!

asj5870
03-31-2003, 09:08 PM
I was told that afro hair needs to stay away from any kind alcohol?!?(I read that on one of these black care hair boards)
Cococure, whenyou did this how is your hair afterwards, is it really soft to the touch...?

Cococure
04-07-2003, 10:33 PM
I was told that afro hair needs to stay away from any kind alcohol?!?(I read that on one of these black care hair boards)
Cococure, when you did this how is your hair afterwards, is it really soft to the touch...?

I have heard the same thing about alcohol. Although even strong beers are only about 5-10% alcohol. The key here is really the barley. If you like you can use a beer with a lesser alcohol content. I don't know if the overall effect will be the same though.

My hair and scalp always feel fine afterwards, I's even go as far as to say my head felt invigorated. But to each their own.

asj5870
04-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Cococure, when you did this how is your hair afterwards, is it really soft to the touch...?

I have heard the same thing about alcohol. Although even strong beers are only about 5-10% alcohol. The key here is really the barley. If you like you can use a beer with a lesser alcohol content. I don't know if the overall effect will be the same though.

My hair and scalp always feel fine afterwards, I's even go as far as to say my head felt invigorated. But to each their own.

Thanks for the info.
Cococure is that you in your avator? and I love your signature message.

REGEE
04-07-2003, 11:56 PM
What's the name of 'the book'?
I need one w/good recipes...........
REGEE

Cococure
04-08-2003, 10:40 PM
Cococure is that you in your avator? and I love your signature message.

Ha Ha. No that's not me. It's Janet Jackson. That's the picture from the front of her Velvet Rope CD. But from what I can surmise from the few pre-permie pictures that is something like what my hair will look like in about five or so years. :D

My signature message is something that my older sister Layo wrote and sent to me in an email when I told her I was considering going natural. She is currently transitioning herself. As soon as I read it that was it, I knew I never wanted to perm again. I found it inspirational so I used it as my signature message.

What's the name of 'the book'?
I need one w/good recipes...........
REGEE

Luckily I finally found the book it is called 'Recipes for Natural Beauty: 100 homemade treatments for radiant beauty' by Katie Spiers ISBN#: 0-8160-3828-7 .http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0816038287/qid=1049839720/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/103-8160815-4655807?v=glance&s=books). It has recipes for everything in it skin, hair, feet, eyes, even perfume. Plus instructions on how to make each, with special instuctions for complicated techniques such as making tinctures and infusions. Some of the more unusual ingredients are hard to find though.

Now that I have it with me again I can begin to experiment with the recipes for natural hair color, lotions, and conditioners. Enjoy

REGEE
04-08-2003, 10:50 PM