PDA

View Full Version : No Oil

tann
01-24-2003, 03:52 PM
What is the No Oil routine or can someone point out a link? I went to Ourhair.com but did not really see where the routine starts or how you go about doing it, just saw a discussion about it. Help me please.

naturalrn
01-24-2003, 07:44 PM
http://ourhair.net/snips_oil.htm

This page should explain the no-oil method to you in detail.
HTH

dream*kailee
01-25-2003, 04:21 PM
Has any one with course, coily hair found that no oil works? That is to say the 4a's, 4b's, etc etc

Curlysaurus
01-27-2003, 02:19 AM
I know that TeaKyoo is on the no oil routine and it has worked great for her. She's a member here (with a photo album). My hair still loves a little oil (shea butter and the stuff in CD MHH :D )

ETA she hasn't added her album here yet but I'm sure she'd be happy to share if she's pm'd.

Imara
01-28-2003, 01:33 AM
I am a 4a/3c and I haven't really used any oil in over a year and my hair is much better for it!!!!! If you have anymore questions please let me know :)

tann
01-28-2003, 02:46 PM
thank you ladies for your replys, now I understand the 'no oil' :D

krazeenapps
01-28-2003, 10:05 PM
I am a 4a/3c and I haven't really used any oil in over a year and my hair is much better for it!!!!! If you have anymore questions please let me know :)

Imara, how has your hair been on no oil in comparison to when you used to oil it? How is your hair better? I thought I had this no oil stuff under control, but now I've fallen off. Maybe I shouldn't be doing it. :?

TeaKyoo
02-01-2003, 08:30 PM
[b]4a/4b here...on the no oil routine. I love it. But I am the Conditioner Queen plus I rinse my hair at least 3-4 x a week. So water is very important on this routine.

I don't do much with homemade concoctions though but I am interested in honey recipes and making my own conditioner sans oils/butters.

But I am on the very little to no oil routine.

TQ

babyblue
02-05-2003, 02:13 PM
[quote][b]4a/4b here...on the no oil routine. I love it. TQ

TeaKyoo

what products are you using on this No Oil routine and what is your hair regimine. I want to see if my hair can survive on this routine. Thanks.

krazeenapps
02-05-2003, 04:47 PM
[quote]Has any one with course, coily hair found that no oil works? That is to say the 4a's, 4b's, etc etc

I'm pretty much 4b. I've been on it for several days now (HA! Like that's enough time to tell), but with just putting my homemade leave-in moisturizing spray, my hair has had no complaints. My hair actually feels better, my scalp is doing fine producing a small amount of oils, and my scalp doesn't have the build-up that it did when I would oil. And my forehead has cleared up (might've happened before this, though). I think I just might stick with no oil, and use oils just for pre-washing, because my hair looooves that.

TeaKyoo
02-05-2003, 07:42 PM
[quote][b]4a/4b here...on the no oil routine. I love it. TQ

TeaKyoo

what products are you using on this No Oil routine and what is your hair regimine. I want to see if my hair can survive on this routine. Thanks.

[b]I use tons of conditioner. I rinse regularly 3-4x a week. I use regular conditioners as leave ins.

In morning, I rinse my hair with Suave Naturals Coconut Condtioner and once a week I wash with Suave & tbsp of Baking Soda. Then I apply a little more conditioner and let it set for 10 mins while I shower and then rinse with cool water. Then wring the excess water out of my hair with my hands. Then I apply more conditioner and leave it in. Then I let my hair air dry. Style (headband or afro puff etc) I use Suave Shine Gel Freesia whenever of a little more weight. When I do my twists I use BBD Glass or a gel or just leave in conditioner. I deep conditioner once a month with heat for about 30 minutes.

Thats about it. I use Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment for deep conditioning or Tropical Dominican Conditioners (Avocado) Thick moisturizing conditioner and thinner ones (still moisturizing) for every day use or as leave ins. Suave Tropical Coconut is fav or everyday. Anything that is water soluable is good.

If you have any questions let me know.

TeaKyoo
02-05-2003, 08:57 PM
OH!! :wink: This is a natural products/homemade section:

I want to start making recipes with avocado, coconut milk, bananas & glycerin (a little because this is sticky). Mainly trying to incorporate natural humectants like honey in to my routine instead of just commerical products. I will let you know. No oil doesn't mean I can't have fun mixing up hair recipes!

TQ :P

ihgemini
02-06-2003, 05:16 PM
Blessings,
I have inadvertently been doing the no oil along with the no poo method. Just as TeaKyoo, I "wash" with Suave Freesia conditioner, and do a ACV final rinse fragranced with Lemongrass EO. I then use Kemi Oyl SBP and that is it until I wash the next week. I just noticed last night that my hair is much softer with no other product/oil added, even when I retwist and wear a twist out in the AM. I may spritz with water and EO depending on what style I'm wearing. My scalp is much better, and the itchies are gone. I think I'm a convert!

:D

CEE26
02-06-2003, 07:41 PM
i'm thinking of the no routine..i oil my scalp about once or twice a week, but i would like to try the N.O.

sissimpson
04-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Is anyone using the no oil method?

gilroygal
04-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Right now, I'm conditioner washing and not using anything afterwards. My hair feels great!

sissimpson
04-13-2012, 07:40 AM
That's what I did when I first cut off the perm. I had no idea you were supposed to add products to a wash and go! Hmmmm....

gilroygal
04-13-2012, 08:47 PM
You aren't "supposed" to do anything. ;) I wish I had learned that earlier on. Could have saved myself some grief. This isn't the first time that I've used this method, but I thought I NEEDED oil because of my flaky scalp. Turns out my scalp is flaky even WITH the oil AND my hair feels BETTER without it!