PDA

View Full Version : Your Best Movie Pics For 2007

GalaxyGirl2012
11-25-2007, 08:10 AM
C'mon let us know what your favorite pics are for this year .

Best Drama: No country for old men.

Best Comedy: Knocked Up

Best Family: Ratatouille

Best Sci-Fi/Horror: The Host BUT this may be revised once I see I am legend

Best Sequel: Pirates 3.

Best Movie Experience: Transformers.

Best Documentary: Sicko

Best Movie Let Down :lol: Spiderman 3.

[Insert your own category here]:
[Best Movie that depicts why GalaxyGirl will never go to a bath house. EVER]: Eastern Promises

napturallyme
11-25-2007, 08:39 AM
I didn't see a lot of movies this year. But the two best that I saw were "Why Did I Get Married" (drama) and "Knocked Up" (comedy). The worst movie I saw was "Alpha Dog"

Karibana
11-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Two best movies: The Bourne Ultimatum and Ratatouille. Disappointment that I'm not over: Elizabeth: The Golden Age. I loved the original so much. Humm, didn't see many movies of substance this year unless I'm forgetting. I will have to check out No Country for Old men.

amberdcox
11-25-2007, 06:27 PM
I agree with all of Galaxy Girls choices. Are there any good foreign film choices?
Best Movie to Demonstrate Why to Say No To DRUGS!-American Gangster
Best Special Effects-300
Best Stereotypical HBCU movie-Stomp The Yard
Best movie displaying the sexiness of Idris Elba-Daddys Little Girls
Best Musical-Hairspray

GalaxyGirl2012
12-10-2007, 06:30 AM
Best movie I could watch 10 times and probably still not completely understand: Southland Tales
Best movie that shows why we can't trust the military when ish goes down: 28 weeks later

Sadi76
12-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Best Drama: Into The Wild

ITA= Best Special Effects: 300

ITA=Best Experience: Transformers

Best Documentary: Sicko[/b]

You all have got to see Salud! (if you thought Sicko was good, Salud! will have you wanting to move to Cuba rapidamente!)

missladee622
12-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Best Drama: No country for old men.

[/b]

I haven't seen many this year.

But I wanna see this one, hopefully this weekend.

My pick:
Talk to Me (one of the few I ventured out, and paid money to see.)

Poetic_Butterfly
12-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Best Special Effects- 300
Best Experience-Transformers
Best Family Movie-This Christmas
Best Comedy-Super Bad
Best Scifi/Horror-I Am Legend
Best Action-Live Free Or Die Hard
Best Gangster Movie-American Gangster
Best African Movie- The Last King of Scotland
Best New Action- The Hit Man

Worse Movies- I Know Who Killed Me, Spiderman 3

Peace,
Rasta

tajo18
12-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Best Drama: Why did I get married
Best Sci-Fi/ Horror: I am Legend (awesome)
I also liked Saw 4

mzunyque
12-23-2007, 09:00 PM
BEST COMEDY: knocked up / blades of glory/ norbit

BEST MOVIE TO SEE IN A BLACK THEATER: why did i get married

MOST EYE-CANDY IN ONE MOVIE: stomp the yard :wub: mmmm columbus short. mmm

MOST WORTHY OF RUNNING OUT OF THE THEATER ON: alpha dog

MOST OVERRATED: american gangster

STUPIDEST MOVIE EVER: code name: the cleaner/ who's your caddy

MOVIE THAT MADE ME WANT TO HEAR IDRIS ELBA'S SEXY VOICE IN PERSON: daddy's little girls :P

BEST REMAKE OF DANGEROUS MINDS: freedom writers

BEST MOVIE TO MAKE ME RESPECT ADAM SANDLER AS AN ACTOR: reign over me

BEST REASON WHY KEVIN JAMES IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE COMEDIC ACTORS: i now pronounce you chuck and larry

BEST DRAMA: pride

BEST MOVIE I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE: ps i love you/ the great debators

BEST KICK **** MOVIE: smokin aces

BEST ROMANTIC COMEDY: music and lyrics/ catch and release

BEST MOVIE I DIDN'T WANT TO SEE AT FIRST BUT ENDED UP LOVING: 300

GalaxyGirl2012
12-24-2007, 06:13 AM
MOST OVERRATED: american gangster

[/b]

thank you! the only reason why this movie did so well is because of all the hype before the fact and the only reason he got so much hype was because of the big names stars and director. i thought it was blah and didnt bring anything new and exciting to the gangster movies

i havent seen alpha dog (i hear great things about it though :lol: ) but the last movie i saw that i wanted to just walk out of the theater was doom.

Karibana
12-28-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm adding Transformers to my list of best movies for 2007. Clearly a Black Hawk Down rip off (and a two hour informercial for GMC) but I don't care. I think that Steven Spielberg is a better producer for Michael Bay then Jerry Bruckheimer.

EvesDilemma
12-31-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't know Galaxy-you must not have seen AVP-R yet since it wasn't named worst movie LOL!!!!

GalaxyGirl2012
01-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't know Galaxy-you must not have seen AVP-R yet since it wasn't named worst movie LOL!!!!
[/b]

i saw it and all i have to say is .... it was BLOODY AWFUL!

So boring, and you know how hard that is when you have 2 of the best monsters every created?

so this has now been replaced as not only my worst movie of the year but also maybe the worst movie EVER. i think i disliked this movie even less that tim burton's big fish, but at least big fish was interesting.

some of it was a little laughable :lol: especially since they just recycled a bunch of old scenes from past alien movies..

but i'm not mad at them, i hope the screenwriter and the actors made a lot of money from this.

RelaxerRehab
01-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I'll just throw some movie titles out here....

I agree with AG being overrated...still nice to look at Denzel, though.... and the Dangerous Minds remake "Freedom Writers" LOL!

Best movie that got WICKEDLY GOT SLEPT ON: "Talk to Me" (Don Cheadle)
Best summer blockbuster: "Transformers"
Worst summer blockbuster: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer"
Best trilogy recoup: "Oceans 13"
Worst trilogies: "Shrek the Third" and "Rush Hour 3"
Worst movie for Black women: Norbit
Simply horrible: "I Think I Love My Wife"
Best motivational movie (to slay with words and not firearms a la Malcolm X): "The Great Debaters"

meccadon
01-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I loved Big Fish! :unsure:

:lol:

Movie you go to see although you wondering WTF is going on?: Pirates Trilogy

I agree with you Rehab on Talk To Me!....and every thing else you said!

Best comedy character role in an action flick: Teraji P. Henson in Smoking Aces...."This B- is sleep! I'm trying to wake this B- up!~"

Best sequel: National Treasure

Best Movie that made you "jump" because it was a little different than expected: I Am Legend

:P

meccadon
01-03-2008, 03:29 PM
The Who the phugg does your hair?! award nominees:

Ol 'boy with the gun and the bob in No Country for Old Men *sorry, didn't see it yet, so i don't know the character name*

Samuel L Jackson in most of his movies: Formula 59, Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction, and the new movie, Jumpers)

Yaphet Koto in most of his movies too!: owno why they trying to put some dead racoon azz, dye it red, and put it on a West African actors head like that's his hurr :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol:

honeybunch2k5
01-03-2008, 03:57 PM
ITA with Transformers.

My biggest letdown- AVP-R. For some reason seeing pregnant women get hurt like that turned me off. I mean, Predator let a chick go cuz she was preggers. :unsure:

I also had times when it was hard for me to distinguish Predator from the Aliens.

GalaxyGirl2012
01-03-2008, 06:19 PM
The Who the phugg does your hair?! award nominees:

Ol 'boy with the gun and the bob in No Country for Old Men *sorry, didn't see it yet, so i don't know the character name*

Samuel L Jackson in most of his movies: Formula 59, Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction, and the new movie, Jumpers)

Yaphet Koto in most of his movies too!: owno why they trying to put some dead racoon azz, dye it red, and put it on a West African actors head like that's his hurr :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol:
[/b]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nic cage's hair in the nat'l treasure sequel looked like a rug to me

ITA with Transformers.

My biggest letdown- AVP-R. For some reason seeing pregnant women get hurt like that turned me off. I mean, Predator let a chick go cuz she was preggers. :unsure:

I also had times when it was hard for me to distinguish Predator from the Aliens.
[/b]

i thought the predalien looked cool but the movie was dark so it made it see who was who. after while i stopped caring especially when the predator seemed to always have to stop and check it's blackberry or whatever that thing was to get a instareplay :rolleyes:

mscarmelc
01-03-2008, 09:55 PM
I really liked Juno! I thought it was cute and extremely funny. :lol: :lol:

EvesDilemma
01-04-2008, 03:10 AM

i thought the predalien looked cool but the movie was dark so it made it see who was who. after while i stopped caring especially when the predator seemed to always have to stop and check it's blackberry or whatever that thing was to get a instareplay :rolleyes:
[/b]
Dang GG why it gotta be a blackberry? LOL!!!!

meccadon
01-04-2008, 11:08 AM

[/b]

Nick Cage's hair does look non-authentic and did so in Ghostrider too! :yes:

Okay, I gotta co-sign with the Predator looking at his alien blackberry/pager :lol: Was he the alien drug runner on vacation or something?

SummerRayn
01-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Best Musical: Hairspray

Best Foreign Film: La vie en rose

Favorite Denzel Movie: The Great Debaters

Movies I'm looking foward to seeing: Juno, Atonement, Knocked Up, & P.S. I Love You

Movies I'm I glad I didn't see: Rush Hour 3, and Norbit

You guys make Transformers sound good so I need to rent that at blockbuster this weekend.

meccadon
01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Best Costume Design:

Apocalypto

Dreamgirls

Curse of The Golden Flower

Best ending that made you go daaaaaaaaaaaang!

Mr. Brooks

The Prestige

Sweeney Todd

Throwback favorite: The Usual Suspects

GalaxyGirl2012
01-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Nick Cage's hair does look non-authentic and did so in Ghostrider too! :yes:

[/b]
that's cus those were flames silly :P

just kidding, he had that same hair in Next too. and it was venturing on air gun guy from no country/Myztikal bob

as for the predator sidekick, even warriors need to keep up with their honeys on the home world