PDA

View Full Version : New And Ready

A_NYRican
11-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi, I happened to stumble onto this site and I was already thinking of transitioning from relaxed to natural. My biggest reason for wanting to transition, I am tired of going every 8 weeks to get my scalp burned. :Angry: Another reason is the women in my family who have been perming their hair for years are losing hair around the hairline. :huh: They originally started out like me with thick full hair and now are experiencing hair loss. They all say that it is due to years and years of relaxers but continue to relax their hair. :unsure: Well I am stopping here and now. :clap: I haven't relaxed my hair now for about 2 months. It shows a bit but I found many helpful sites and books that will help me in my transition period.

So here's to healthy natural hair. And yes, not all Puerto Ricans have silky hair. Some of us have the wonderful priviledge to have African descendants' hair type. :D

Hadasah
11-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Hola! Just wanted to say hi and that, like myself, there are other Latinas on this site. ^_^
What's funny in the Dominican salons when I'd be getting my hair straight, the women would say that they used too have a lot of hair like me but with relaxers they are experiencing hair loss too.
:dunno:

Check out the link in my siggy if you have any questions.

Welcome to NP! :yes:

Yekomod
11-30-2007, 06:14 PM
WELCOME!! :)