PDA

View Full Version : Emeril Live Is Getting Cancelled

MsTee
11-28-2007, 06:56 PM
My mom read an article to me today about Emeril's last live recording on December 11. Apparently Food Network will still show new episodes of Essence of Emeril, but that show is not the same to me. I like to see him interact with the live audience. Who wants to see reruns of Emeril Live? :(

The article (http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/search.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2007-11-28-0016.html) never stated the reason why he's being cancelled.

soulglo85
11-28-2007, 07:05 PM
My mom is gonna be devasted. She loves that man to death. We're going to NYC in January for her 50th and I was hoping to take her to a taping as a surprise. Oh well :(

JeanBean
11-28-2007, 07:15 PM
With all these new, hot, young chefs coming up (not to say Emril is old), it was bound to happen. To much competition out there.

MsTee
11-28-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear that soulglo. :(

Well, as we've learned from Top Chef, just because you're a good chef, doesn't mean you have the personality to carry out a TV show, much less be personable amongst customers. I'm surprised they're cutting him because I believe Emeril has a strong, huge following.

afroknots11412
11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
I love Emeril and I know ya'll are going to think I am crazy but I think he is cute, I love his beauty mark/ mole on his cheek. I always wanted to go to a taping cause I know they feed the audience.

britni
11-28-2007, 10:55 PM
I read about this yesterday. My brother, sisters and I used to watch this show when we were younger. As a matter of fact, we were watching Food Network in place of cartoons almost! :lol: I remember when we watched his show, "Molto Mario" "Baker's Dozen", "Sarah Moulton" and "Ready, Set, Cook", to name a few. We were ENTHRALLED by these shows, man! Weird, I know.
He'll still have the "Essence of Emeril", his dozens of restaurants and royalties from his books. He'll be aight. :P

Jazitones
11-29-2007, 06:20 AM
:( I'm mad. I love his shoes. But I do admit that I love the new chefs that are out. Especially the 3 Hot Guys chefs :blush:

missladee622
11-29-2007, 06:25 AM
Man, when I had cable I used to love this show! Essence of Emeril is not the same, It's boring.

He's probably trying to concentrate on all his other business ventures going on. He will be alright! :D

misstrini
11-29-2007, 09:14 AM
OMG, thought it was just me. I love watching the Food Network and enjoyed watching Emeril. Some of my other favs are Paula Deen, Barefoot Contessa, Giada DeLaurentis (Everyday Italian), Tyler Florence (Food 911), Bobby Flay and of cause my girl Rachael Ray. I see Nigella Lawson is also on FN now. She use to be on the Style Network. I'll miss Emeril. Bam!

MsTee
11-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Man, when I had cable I used to love this show! Essence of Emeril is not the same, It's boring.

He's probably trying to concentrate on all his other business ventures going on. He will be alright! :D
[/b]

That's what I was thinking.

If yall love to watch his cooking, you need to make sure you sample some of it and visit one of his restaurants before you die. I visited the one in Atlanta and it was AWESOME. My SO and I were stuffed, but didn't want to take anything out of there in a doggy bag. I have some seafood and rice pudding for dessert, which was decadent. :wub:

Mae
11-30-2007, 07:12 PM
I was never really into Emeril, but I love the Food Network....I vaguly remember he saying something "off color" once when I had taken the time to watch, and decided that he was not for me....I don't remember what....it may of been racial (just a hint of it, nothing overt)....my memory is really really fuzzy on that though, so Emeril "stans" don't rake me over the coals, lol....

GalaxyGirl2012
12-01-2007, 07:30 PM
it would always gross me out how he'd talk really close to whatever it was he was cooking and then yell BAAAAAAMMMM all in the food. i could just imagine the spit flying in it :(

Supersugar
12-02-2007, 07:37 AM
I far preferred Essence of Emeril to Emeril Live. I&#39;d rather watch him cook and take notes than be "entertained" by the same six jokes and canned laughter for an hour. Watching his show almost felt like going to eat at hibachi steakhouse when I was really hungry and trying not to flip out on the goofy cook--I don&#39;t want some wannabee comedian/emcee cooking my food! Just make sure you don&#39;t overcook my steak and get the hell on with it! <_<

KB
12-02-2007, 11:11 AM
it would always gross me out how he&#39;d talk really close to whatever it was he was cooking and then yell BAAAAAAMMMM all in the food. i could just imagine the spit flying in it :(
[/b]

OMG! i be telling my mom the SAME EXACT THING!!! :lol:

i aint a fan of food network but my mom is. some thing he makes me laugh on- like when he do his weird off key humming. but that bam and spitting in the food stuff turns me off!! and the audience just he salivating!(sp?) :icon_headshake: