PDA

View Full Version : New Here And Looking Forward To Know You!

restful_haven
12-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Hello All,

Didn't want to come in without saying my hellos. I'm still learning the site and getting familiar with how to take care of natural hair.

Little Bio: 31, and single

I have PCOS (polycyctic ovarian syndrome) basically having a hormonal imbalance were I produce more male hormone than female, and I'm working on getting that in check with diet and exercise. In the meantime relaxers have become my enemy since I exercise 3-4 times a week and I SWEAT! Not only that I'm just frustrated with the upkeep of sweating and relaxers, the breakage, the bald spots (due to both relaxers and PCOS. About 5 yrs ago I did the weak chemical fire cream (I guess that's not still true natual) but it was short and so easy to maintain. I sold out to the masses and put relaxers back in my hair and grew it out and I'm just not happy with it at all.

Now I'm looking to go all natural. A friend of mind who is natural told me about this site so I'm looking forward to taking the next step and having some support in the process.

kymberleea1
12-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Hello All,

Didn't want to come in without saying my hellos. I'm still learning the site and getting familiar with how to take care of natural hair.

Little Bio: 31, and single

I have PCOS (polycyctic ovarian syndrome) basically having a hormonal imbalance were I produce more male hormone than female, and I'm working on getting that in check with diet and exercise. In the meantime relaxers have become my enemy since I exercise 3-4 times a week and I SWEAT! Not only that I'm just frustrated with the upkeep of sweating and relaxers, the breakage, the bald spots (due to both relaxers and PCOS. About 5 yrs ago I did the weak chemical fire cream (I guess that's not still true natual) but it was short and so easy to maintain. I sold out to the masses and put relaxers back in my hair and grew it out and I'm just not happy with it at all.

Now I'm looking to go all natural. A friend of mind who is natural told me about this site so I'm looking forward to taking the next step and having some support in the process.
[/b]
Welcome my sistah! Feel free to look around. Try the transitioners forum. They will answer all of your transitioning questions! Im glad you are going natural.
:wub:

Blossom34
12-11-2007, 02:48 AM
Welcome! Going natural is very exciting. Im learning so many new things on this site, and its wonderful. You will enjoy it here.
Good luck on your jouney.