PDA

View Full Version : Diffuser (anyone Use One?)

alsaxon
12-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi,

I used to wear wash and go's when my hair was short, but now it takes forever and a day to dry and if I put gel on it, it will never dry. Does anyone use diffusers in the morning to combat this and dry the residue from products that take forever to dry? How does the diffuser affect your hair? Does it make it shrink? Does it make it crispy? Do you use the diffuser on cool or warm? I miss my wash and go's, but I can't go around with soaking wet hair. If I can at least get the ends dry that is cool; it does not have to be dry throughout.

ACTINGDRAMA
12-20-2007, 02:10 AM
Hell no?!?!

It is still heat duh.

mymy
12-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Are you using the cool setting (no heat) on your blow dryer? The only way that I will use a blow-dryer is on the cool setting. If your hair takes so long to dry have you tried sitting under a hood dryer on cool to dry your hair. It should be faster because air will blow over your entire head.

janeezy01
12-20-2007, 06:18 AM
I tried once, maybe I didn't know what I was doing (lol), maybe I wasn't doing it right. But after that one time, I never tried again.

Portae
12-20-2007, 08:21 AM
When my hair was longer I used a diffuser almost daily. Just make sure to keep it on cool or warm. Sure, it's heat, but there was just no way that I could walk around in the winter with wet hair. Honestly, if you do a wash and go I don't see too many ways around using one.

As time went on, I became better at getting 2nd or 3rd day hair, which allowed me to limit my use of the diffuser. I know that this flies in the face of what everyone else will tell you, but I never experienced any damage when using my dryer on a daily basis.

law
12-20-2007, 10:09 AM
I have used a diffuser (though not often). It takes a very long time for my hair to dry when I wear it out (even in the summer). I use the cool setting only and I sit the diffuser against my scalp. My problem is not my ends but the roots that won't dry for days. I don't have any deffinition anyway so I wouldn't know if it helps deffinition. My hair shrinks a lot and I have not seen that a diffuser changes that.

MissEmbrya
12-20-2007, 05:25 PM
I use a diffuser 1x per week on "medium". It's great and non-damaging! :)