PDA

View Full Version : The Firm Body Sculpting System

SugaSmacks
03-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Hey yall! I just purchased the new Firm BSS3 and am anxiously awaiting it to come to my house. I was wondering, have any of yall used the previous systems and what were your results...good and bad! I'm not worried about losing pounds...I'm more interested in losing inches! I'm in a wedding on July 3, 2004 and I want to look cute :) ! Any responses will be greatly appreciated....

Lady :cow:

sharynleigh
03-19-2004, 04:47 PM
This woman on my job swears by these tapes. She used them after she had her baby and is now back to her pre-baby shape.

vuqua1
03-19-2004, 04:50 PM
The Firm is the best overall workout system I've ever used. I noticed results w/ in the first three weeks of consistent use. I highly recommend it.

**Caution: If you have bad or weak knees, the high step lunges may bother you. Otherwise, it's an excellent workout.

Good Luck!

locfreeme
03-19-2004, 05:08 PM
The Firm is GREAT!!! But, I have always used the old workouts with the Greek statues and boring, artsy themes. Women in leotards and leg warmers :lol I recently purchased the more up to date Body Sculpting System and I don't think it's nearly as effective as the old system! The old ones work you out for real! The new ones are just okay, plus I don't want to purchase the sculpting stick. I use a regular step stool as my fanny lifter - $5 at Target.

If you can tolerate the themes, try some of the old Firm videos - Body Sculpting Basics, Aerobic Interval Training, 5-day Abs, Upper Body, Lower Body Sculpting....Most libraries have copies.

rejohn
03-19-2004, 11:02 PM
OK, locfreeme, you must be in tiptop shape because the new ones with the step and the bar wore me out! The main thing was that they were so fast-paced that I had a very hard time keeping up with them. I am rhythmically-challenged so whenever there was a repeated sequence of moves, I would get lost and make up my own moves. I tried to keep up with the pace to keep my heart rate up, but I didn't want to stop to put the tape on slow motion to study the steps. I've been thinking about getting back to them, though, because they were a good workout for me. I stopped because I was concerned about aggravating my right knee, which had bothered me for about a year before I started. Actually, my knee felt better during exercise. I guess that should tell me something! :)

Joyfulocs
03-22-2004, 06:00 AM
Funny, I was thinking about doing the Cardio Sculpt (my favorite btw) tomorrow morning. I have BSS and a handful of the older, 80's style tapes. If you're consistent, you will definitely see results. You'll probably lose more inches than pounds.

I don't use the fanny lifter. I use a grey rubbermaid stool for a couple of reasons. My right knee is troublesome and I can't afford the real fanny lifter.

locfreeme
03-23-2004, 11:36 AM
rejohn, you sound like my daughter. She works out with me and given a choice, she always chooses the older Firm workouts. She also has a hard time keeping up with the newer BSS workouts.

I just ordered some of the newer videos from the library to see if any others are better than the ones I purchased. I'm getting ready to sell those. So for now, I'm sticking with the old ones.

marissasensei
03-23-2004, 10:47 PM
I haven't used the BSS3 workouts (waiting for them to be sold without the box), but I have most of the Firm's other workouts, though I really prefer the pre-Goodtimes stuff. You can definitely get good results from using these workouts consistently, and even more so if you really watch what you eat.

A few websites that may be of interest:
Firm YaYas (http://pub129.ezboard.com/bfirmbelivers) - lots of info and discussion about Firm workouts

VF.com (http://www.videofitness.com)- check out 'video reviews' and search the archives of the reader forum for info about Firm workouts

natitwists
03-26-2004, 01:13 AM
I have The Firm set on DVD I purchased at Walmart for like $30, then found out they had the 3 tapes PLUS the Fanny Lifter for $20! Grrr, I missed out on that one but I bought a high step stool and man I be sweatin like a pig! Great workouts hope to see some kinda results in 10 workouts like the box promised! :-)

locfreeme
03-27-2004, 04:20 AM
Natitwists, you will see results! That guarantee is for real! :)

Joyfulocs
03-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Firm videos w/o the fanny lifter or the sculpting stick can also be purchased at an AS SEEN ON TV store. I know of two of these stores in my area.