PDA

View Full Version : KemiOyl Shea Butter Pomade

EarthTones
01-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Hello Ladies...

I use the KOSBP every other day or so and try to shampoo only once a week or every 10 days.

How do those of you that use this product remove the build-up residue in between shampoos? How about any no-poo'ers? I find that even with my conditioner washes and leave-ins the ashy gray buildup resurfaces.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Dawn :)

Inspired
01-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Earth tones,

I was just on the old site looking at that thread. I couldn't go through all entire eight pages. But what I got from the fist 3 pages it that this stuff leaves your hair soft and shiny. I'm building a stash for when I do the big chop next week. Alot of people were having trouble getting it. I called most, if not all, the liquidators in philly and I can't find it and the shipping and handling on the sites is killing me? Anyway what do you suggest? Is it at all worth the aggravation??

Build Up huh?? Doesn't sound good??

Asha
01-24-2003, 08:29 PM
Try paging Nappynic. I know that she no poos and this is her staple product.

HTH,

Asha ;)

Hello Ladies...

I use the KOSBP every other day or so and try to shampoo only once a week or every 10 days.

How do those of you that use this product remove the build-up residue in between shampoos? How about any no-poo'ers? I find that even with my conditioner washes and leave-ins the ashy gray buildup resurfaces.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Dawn :)

EarthTones
01-25-2003, 01:10 AM
Asha...Thank you for the tip...I will PM Nappynic before I sign off.

Inspired...I really do love the KemiOyl Shea Butter pomade. It provides moisture and sheen and results in softness like no other product I have tried. It also provides enough hold for the entire day without feeling crunchy. It does take a few tries to develop the skill of knowing how much to use, I will tell you that! The application of this product is a scientific procedure! But it is definitely worth a try, I don't want to scare you away from at least trying it.

I think the build-up is because of the shea butter and because I have very thick hair! I just don't want to keep compounding the build-up, especially since I only clarify/poo once every 10 days or so.

I found the product at only 1 of the National Wholesale Liquidators in my area, that's out of about 6 or 7!

I have a couple of extra jars of this...PM me if you would like to purchase one for a major discount.

Dawn :lol:

dembasamba
01-25-2003, 04:59 AM
I love it. I don't get build up. I apply it when I twist and then again after I conditioner poo once a week. If I need moisture in between I tend to use something else--CD HHB or oil, just out of preference.

Why do you reapply so often? Do you wait for your hair to react or do you add more automatically. Try only reapplying it to your hair once and see what happens.

EarthTones
01-25-2003, 07:26 PM
Why do you reapply so often? Do you wait for your hair to react or do you add more automatically. Try only reapplying it to your hair once and see what happens.

I let it run its course before I reapply it. But I still find some build-up, more than I care for. I figure I just have to keep experimenting until I get it to my liking.

I love the product too much to give up on it!

Thanks Dembasamba :)

Oya
01-25-2003, 11:01 PM
has anyone tried heating the pomade up a lil b4 putting it in your hair. I've had my hair out from a flat twist out for a couple of days. Well its basicly a fro now, but i hadnt reapplied any pomade in those few days and i didnt feel like wetting my hair again. So i experimented and heated a teaspoon full of pomade up for 15 seconds. Then i smothered it all through my hair. No white head waiting for it to soak in for an hour or so and its soft again. I'm going to try this next time i condition my hair and see how it comes out. Hopefully this will make the application of the pomade easier.