PDA

View Full Version : Debates

GalaxyGirl2012
01-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Just wanted to start a topic for discussing all the various debates coming up.

Next ones are set for :
Saturday January 5 on ABC at 7 PM

The pubs will start for 90 minutes
then the dems

and don't you love it when TV makes decisions for you :lol:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22504324/

Soul Rebel
01-04-2008, 10:55 PM
and don&#39;t you love it when TV makes decisions for you [/b]Yeah, I&#39;m pretty annoyed about that, actually. I mean, yes, these people don&#39;t really have a chance but at least in the case of Kucinich, he brings up issues the mainstream candidates usually don&#39;t. Sigh. <_<

britni
01-05-2008, 12:22 AM
I know those 3 aren&#39;t extremely popular, but why cut them from the debates? Are they even remotely close to becoming President? No, but they do have some supporters and I think they should be allowed to get their points across in these upcoming debates. Eh, guess it&#39;s a matter of airtime?

Anyone else think these debates should be commercial-free? If some wack Lifetime movie can air commercial-free, then these political debates surely should.

GalaxyGirl2012
01-05-2008, 11:07 AM
i know that abc has done that before and candidates don&#39;t seem to have a problem. even though the three that got cut dont really have a chance, i&#39;d like the idea that they would bring up issues that other candidates wouldnt.

i mean we know by now that each candidate will have 1 or 2 issues that they will hammer away at between now and the elections, but there are many more issues that face the nation and having those side candidates bring them up will keep those issues in the public mind. not sure if that makes sense, but it seem like lately every election is only about 1 issue and it&#39;s a little simplistic and does us a disservice.

and :lol: at kucinich pointing out that ABC/Disney has contributed funds to the 4 democrats who are left to debate. way to blow up their spot, you go starseed boy!