PDA

View Full Version : Best Websites For Gardening Tips/beginning Gardening

stillwater09
01-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi All! I have just gotten into gardening (well I'm preparing to anyway) since I'm tired of looking at my bland backyard and empty garden spot in the front. I just want pretty flowers and climbers for the back (i have an arbor and 2 pergolas.) I'm checking out websites so I can be ready when March rolls around and I can start planting...

Meanwhile I am growing herbs indoors. And practicing things like growing plants from seeds and replanting. I am germinating chamomile and in a larger pot, orange jasmine.

Any tips whatsoever would be helpful, I am not sure I know what I'm doing :unsure:

Let me know your favorite gardening websites and books too!

Thanks! ^_^
former blackthumb

tlwnurse
01-15-2008, 09:29 AM
I really like Better homes and garden website. bhg.com I think. It's nice because you can type in a what kind os spot it is (sunny, shady) etc. and they will give you a slide show of different plans for the area. Then I like to tweak the plan and take it with me to the nursery. The number one thing I would say is knowwhat zone you are in. then you won't try to put a plant in a climate that it's not going to live in.
HTH.

stillwater09
01-15-2008, 02:41 PM
thanks! i'll check it out today. i'm definitely in zone 9a. I a creating my plan now so i can get started in feb/ march.

tlwnurse
03-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Have you gotten started yet?

aquababie19
03-22-2008, 03:37 PM
i like this forum: www.gardenweb.com (http://www.gardenweb.com/)