PDA

View Full Version : Dr. King Wasn't The Only One With A Dream...bill Had One Too

gigglezk
01-21-2008, 03:00 PM
BILL HAS A 'DREAM'
EX PREZ NODS OFF DURING MLK AWARD PRESENTATION

January 21, 2008 -- Bill Clinton showed yesterday why he made it into the book "The Art of Napping."

During an appearance at the Convent Avenue Baptist Church in Harlem, the former president was caught nodding off.

Clinton was there during a service to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., while his wife was nearby at Abyssinian Baptist Church, where she was endorsed by its minister, Rev. Calvin Butts.

Clinton has had napping episodes before. Among others, he nodded off at a Mets game and at Ronald Reagan's funeral.

When he was president, he told Dan Rather, "If I can take a nap, even 15 or 20 minutes in the middle of the day, it is really invigorating to me. On the days when I'm a little short of sleep, I try to work it out so that I can sneak off and just lie down for 15 minutes, a half an hour, and it really makes all the difference in the world."

click here for video (http://www.nypost.com/seven/01212008/news/regionalnews/bill_has_a_dream_474243.htm)

So yes, I know folks get tired. But come on now! This is just disrespectful. Especially for the man who claims to love the black man.

britni
01-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Damn, Bill. <_<

Aje_Templar
01-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Gigglezk, my blood is already boiling from what Hitlery said about MLK needing LBJ as some kind of great white hope... if my stomach were to turn any more than it already has then my spine would turn into a torque wrench.

Aje

gigglezk
01-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Exactly how I feel, exactly. I wonder how they are going to spin this one. Surprisingly (not really), that Clinton News Network isn&#39;t reporting this. But let Barack fall asleep at an event for George Washington or something.

taniseka
01-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Is that real? I dunno, something looks weird in the video.

gigglezk
01-21-2008, 04:12 PM
^^google "bill clinton falls asleep MLK"

A lot of places are reporting it, except the major networks.

mehogeni
01-21-2008, 06:37 PM
lol well dang...and it&#39;s even doubly sad cause Billary are just so arrogant about winning they just don&#39;t give a monkey butt about trying to impress black people anymore..I mean it&#39;s like they might as well put on some blackface and get on national tv at this point..can&#39;t do anymore damage than they&#39;ve already done...and it&#39;ll be sad if people still elect them into office, especially other minorities...cause if they can do their lil act before us african americans for so long trying to get our vote. AND then showing their true colors when a black man is competing against them.....well they&#39;ll do it against an asian person, an indian person .......a HISPANIC PERSON

*sigh*but where oh where is shuck and jive billy bob johnson when ya need him to de*****te Obama now??

wannabenappy
01-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Oh, how quickly black folks turned on the Clintons! :rolleyes:

bernag06
01-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Well, I may be in the minority, but it seems like an honest mistake. Him and Hil are on a loonnngggg campaign trail (not saying I&#39;m jumping on the Clinton bandwagon for president) and the man&#39;s probably just worn out. He&#39;s not the first person in politics to fall asleep during an ceremony and he probably won&#39;t be the last. Shoot, lawd knows I&#39;ve done caught some Zzzzzs during church, my high school graduation, my cousin&#39;s wedding from lack of sleep. Was it right? No. But was I trying to be disrepectful? Absolutely not. :unsure: JMO.

masoesa
01-22-2008, 09:37 AM
I am with you bernag. I feel for him. The schedule is tough and he gets old. Maybe also because I tend to dooze off myself but the clip was utterly funny to watch.

c13gladden
01-22-2008, 09:46 AM
ITA w/bernag and masoesa. Cut the old guy some slack. LOL>

gigglezk
01-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I&#39;m not buying that. Are any other <strike>candidates</strike> spouses falling asleep on the trail? He could of at least issued an apology as he did after he fell asleep at Reagan&#39;s funeral.

Reflection Journey
01-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Politican should always be on top of their game. Because you are always been watch.

napturallyme
01-22-2008, 10:17 AM
ITA w/bernag and masoesa. Cut the old guy some slack. LOL>
[/b]

Yeah this is one I wouldn&#39;t pick on Bill about. I think he probably was really tired. They did catch him nodding off at a baseball game too. I know sometimes it&#39;s hard not to nod off.

gigglezk
01-22-2008, 10:22 AM
^^^But there is a difference between falling asleep at a baseball game and a funeral and an event for a civil rights leader. One is for leisure the other two are out of respect. I&#39;m more bother by the fact he apologized to Mrs. Reagan, but has not even acknowledged what happened at the MLK award.

napturallyme
01-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Maybe he has sleeping disorder

I do think he should apologize for yesterday

gigglezk
01-22-2008, 11:09 AM
You know this is SO off topic, but damn it, I can&#39;t help it. Napturallyme, your avatar is KILLING me. Every time I see your posts, I get so envious of that green shirt. Its a really nice color on you :) I so wish green was my color.

napturallyme
01-22-2008, 11:19 AM
You know this is SO off topic, but damn it, I can&#39;t help it. Napturallyme, your avatar is KILLING me. Every time I see your posts, I get so envious of that green shirt. Its a really nice color on you :) I so wish green was my color.
[/b]

:lol: Thanks!

It&#39;s actually a mustard color, guess the camera makes it look charteuse (sp)

masoesa
01-22-2008, 11:30 AM
^^^But there is a difference between falling asleep at a baseball game and a funeral and an event for a civil rights leader. One is for leisure the other two are out of respect. I&#39;m more bother by the fact he apologized to Mrs. Reagan, but has not even acknowledged what happened at the MLK award.
[/b]
I see your point. I think he should apologize as well. He probably doesn&#39;t feel the need cause it&#39;s not broadcasted like it should. The whole thing is funny to me though because I couldn&#39;t t even hear what the speaker said I just watched Bill. So it&#39;s another big minus for their campaign.

From my own experience though I can tell you that there is no difference between falling asleep at a game or a very important church service. It happened to me a couple of times even when I was sitting in the front row and no matter what I did I couldn&#39;t keep my eyes open. I was ashamed too. Later discovered that it had to do with my allergies.

mehogeni
01-22-2008, 02:48 PM
sooo im supposed to forgive him because he&#39;s old..and made an honest mistake sleeping...and I should let him and his wife back in the white house??

sooo if he falls alseep during an important meeting, or let&#39;s say a bombing??...or umm during a iportant policy discussion it&#39;s ok... cause "ohhhh it&#39;s just Bill ya&#39;ll and he&#39;s old"...so not only do I have to worry about Hillary using her crocodile tears to try to convince world leaders to actually trust the U.S. again now I gotta worry about Bill sleeping if HE&#39;S trying to create some good will across the world???

IF he&#39;s tired he needs to keep his butt home and leave campaigning to people who can drink a red bull, put on his diapers, and keep it moving like John McCain instead of always tagging behind his wife...I mean do him and his wife think they are campaigning to be on the Flavor of Love or something??...
http://i27.tinypic.com/260btq0.jpg
"THERE&#39;S NO CRYING AND SLEEPING IN PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGNS!!!!"

gigglezk
01-22-2008, 02:51 PM
^^^Maybe he needs to see Sister Patterson?

mehogeni
01-22-2008, 02:53 PM
^^^lmao

PRRRRRAIIISSSEEEE HIMMMMMMMMMMMM!

bernag06
01-22-2008, 05:26 PM
sooo im supposed to forgive him because he&#39;s old..and made an honest mistake sleeping...and I should let him and his wife back in the white house??

sooo if he falls alseep during an important meeting, or let&#39;s say a bombing??...or umm during a iportant policy discussion it&#39;s ok... cause "ohhhh it&#39;s just Bill ya&#39;ll and he&#39;s old"...so not only do I have to worry about Hillary using her crocodile tears to try to convince world leaders to actually trust the U.S. again now I gotta worry about Bill sleeping if HE&#39;S trying to create some good will across the world???
[/b]

Uh, no. Nobody don&#39;t have to forgive Bill if they don&#39;t want to. And I don&#39;t even see how forgiving him means letting him and Hil back into the Oval Office. What I was just saying is that the man&#39;s older than he used to be and he&#39;s on the campaign trail with his wife. Politicals are human, not superheroes. Their bodies wear out just like everyone else&#39;s does. Yet, people talk about how&#39;s his disrespecting this and that. When my great aunt died, my daddy was working overtime left and right. I mean, my po daddy was run dry. And he feel asleep for a few seconds (guess that runs in the family) at my auntie&#39;s funeral. Not outta boredom or disrespect, but because he was BONE TIRED, he didn&#39;t know it was gon&#39; happen he went that day to honor my aunt&#39;s life...Should someone should have asked him to stay home cause he was tired? Not in my book.
And I haven&#39;t seen any others on the campaign trail fall asleep BUT the race ain&#39;t over yet, so who knows whats gon happen (on or off camera)?
If Obama, McCain, Edwards, etc. dozed off at the speech or anywhere else, would I be singing the same song? Yes, because these politicals (and some of their love ones) are out there, day in and day out for votes and I&#39;m pretty sure after awhile, its gonna take its toll.
Not saying that Bill shouldn&#39;t apologize....