PDA

View Full Version : Attention Dc/md/va Obama Supporters!

mehogeni
01-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi All,

I was just informed Barack will be visiting the D.C. area on January 28th at American University..If i knew more in advance I couldve actually NOT gone to NYC to stay with my relatives, and I am about to tear up :(
If anyone is in the area and can attend please tell how it went!

information about event below:
On Monday, Jan. 28, Illinois Senator and Presidential Candidate Barack Obama will give an address in Bender Arena, from 12:15p.m. to 1:15p.m. Doors open at 10:30 a.m

While this event is not sponsored or endorsed by the university, the event is open to the campus community and general public. Because of news media interest, heavy security presence, and the potential for a large crowd and lines awaiting entry into the arena, campus business in and around Bender Arena, Butler Pavilion, the tunnel, and around Leonard Hall will be affected. AU Public Safety and university staff will assist the campus with normal operations to the extent possible during this event. The university appreciates the understanding of the campus community on January 28.

ALSO AT 10:00 A.M, BARACK SUPPORTERS WILL BE HOLDING A RALLY ON CAMPUS TO SUPPORT him and to show how passionate they are about his campaign!!!! :wub:

gigglezk
01-26-2008, 09:25 PM
I live close enough to go, Richmond, but Monday is not a realistic day for me to go. I've got roofers coming and I have to register our new car along with some other bull. I am so mad.

mehogeni
01-28-2008, 09:29 AM
OMG YALL TURN TO CNN QUICK IF YOU CAN...IT'S ON TV...TED KENNEDY and OBAMA IS MAKING IT A HOLY REVIVAL ALL UP IN D.C. AND AMERICA*doing running man and a split*
PPPRRAAIIISEEE HIMMMMMMMMMMMMM :lol: :lol:*doing Sistah Patterson Moves*

Gigglez...I'm gonna cry ...WHHHYYYYYYY are we cursed not to be thereeeee!!!!!!!!!!
UGHHH

IT'S ALSO LIVE ONLINE CHICAS!
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop...226736&src=news (http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=4226934&ch=4226736&src=news)

gigglezk
01-28-2008, 11:47 AM
I watched it on tv. I was seething mad too because I so wanted to be there. The black guy that was directly behind the podium was cheesing EXTRA hard. He was cute too. Loved the speeches, damn if it wasn't long though.

mehogeni
01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
^^ awww thanky kindly I LOVE your posts too! I can almost see you as Obama's secretary of state when i read em lol

This is maybe why I don't need to go to a rally though...they would have me on TV with a caption going "there goes Obama and one of his lil ghetto supporters acting a fool yet AGAIN"...gotta keep it under wraps till I know he's won *sigh*

gigglezk
01-28-2008, 05:28 PM
^^^lmao! I had to restrain myself from asking him to run away with me :lol:

China
01-29-2008, 03:10 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You three are tooooooooo sillly. :P

I soooooo wanted to go to the rally, but my job was doing outreach that day. (Truthfully, I'm not supposed to get involved in any rallies or fundraisers in support of a particular candidate, due to work, so I'm living vicariously through you all. :) ) I was at the auto show on Sunday and a student from AU was outside informing people about the Obama rally, and I was excited and pissed at the same time!

Anyway, my brother just turned 18 and is registered to vote in FL. My 19 year old sister isnt registered yet, so she can't participate in the MD primaries, but she will be by the general election. We're working on that now. I have another college aged brother, a VA resident, that I have to make sure is set to go. I'm in DC (and you KNOW I'm all set!), although I wish I was a VA or MD resident for the primaries.