PDA

View Full Version : Florida Primary Democrats And Republicans

gigglezk
01-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Technically, it doesn't matter for the Democrats because they aren't partaking, except Hitlery. So I'm not too concerned although I know she will make a big deal about it.

On to the GOP. I think McCain will take it. This is pretty much the final straw for Guiliani, if he can't place in Florida, he needs to just let it go.

bajanempress
01-29-2008, 02:43 PM
I thought Hillary said she wasn't going to Florida, I guess I'm mistaken.

Ok some questions for you politically savvy ladies why is Hillary taking part when the other Democratic candidates are not and have not in similar situations? If the states that moved up their Primaries are being punished then isn't she saying she doesn't care about her party's process/rules? What is the spin being put on it? I mean if you wanted to show those voters that they were still important to you wouldn't you just go and speak there but not take part in the Primaries?

Educate me please.

gigglezk
01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Hillary is in Florida right now as we speak. Technically, they are not allowed to campaign there at all. So her being there and giving any kind of speech is basically campaigning. I think its wrong of her to even set foot in Florida because that is campaigning. Now the same could be said for Obama because I've heard he's got an ad that is national playing there. I don't really know because I don't live in Florida. But I have seen his national ad. I don't know if that is in violation though.

I think Hilary could of simply said like Obama and Edwards that they support the people and care about their thoughts, but they also need to respect their party.

bajanempress
01-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Ok so no campaigning at all , I didn't know that. hmmm

So is Hillary even addressing the fact that she is flouting the rules of the party? Isn't that a strike against her when she flagrantly ignores the rules? (By strike I mean in the public perception of her)

Mae
01-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Ok so no campaigning at all , I didn't know that. hmmm

So is Hillary even addressing the fact that she is flouting the rules of the party? Isn't that a strike against her when she flagrantly ignores the rules? (By strike I mean in the public perception of her)
[/b]

There are those who are of the mind that the current rules make some primaries seem more important than others...hence MI pulling theirs up earlier...our governor wanted to make a statement that individual states should be making these decisions not the political parties...