PDA

View Full Version : Obama 08- Ucla Rally (full Video)

bajanempress
02-04-2008, 08:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZiNtTq10i0&feature=user

Full video of the entire rally or those who haven't seen it. I'm watching it now, I'll be back with comments later.

Beautifully Human
02-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Nice! Thanks Bajan. I'll watch this when I get home.

Who needs CNN when I got nappturality :P

gigglezk
02-04-2008, 09:00 AM
^ I know, right? We got NNN (napptural news network)! I swear I get ALL my info here. Politics, sports, entertainment, world issues, events, movie reviews... LOL

bajanempress
02-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Ok I watched it in its entirety. The sound and the video are out of sync so I listened more than watched. From the first speaker to the last, it was interesting. The first speaker was the product of immigrant farm workers and she made an impassioned case for Obama :) she then introduced Oprah who put the white women who said she betrayed them in their place.

As always my heart leaps when Caroline Kennedy compares Obama to her father. There was something about this rally that really reminded me of stuff I have seen from the Civil Rights era and the 60's. The involvement of the youth, the message of hope and desire for change rippled through the speeches.

Michelle Obama came out with Stevie Wonder and they both fell as they came up the stairs. But I think it was because she was holding his hand which is the incorrect way to lead someone who is blind. Someone with him should have instructed her properly.

Off topic I wish I had her legs- that woman is tall! She was wearing the Condi hairdo again.

Anyway, Michelle didn't belabour his blackness, but she did call to attention his birth to an 18 year old white woman who rose to the challenge of raising her black son. She said she may have been naive but she dared to believe she could pursue women's studies overseas.

She brought the examples home, saying that she and Obama came through the system and did everything as they should and still had hefty student loans that they have only just recently paid off.

She spoke of a 10 year old girl who said "If Barack Obama wins, it will be historical"........."It will mean that I can be anything I imagine"

Finally Maria Shriver came on as an unexpected guest, dressed for attending a Horse show, no makeup because she felt she could make a difference. She was an excellent speaker and the welcome she got was extraordinary, I think the crowd roared the loudest for her that day. Her endorsement may really make a difference.

That rally, all of those women who were so eloquent make me proud to be a woman. Honestly that meant more to me as a woman than anything I have ever heard Hillary Clinton say.

Beautifully Human
02-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Again I just really loved what Michelle had to say. "To whom much is given much is expected" One of my fave quotes. "Sometimes we don't know what the truth looks like b/c we haven't seen it in such a long time" Sick! And I love that she pointed out that although he had a fancy degree that cost a lot of money he chose to work in social issues b/c he felt it was his responsibility and understood the importance in using his education for that type of work in the community.

sannie
02-04-2008, 06:54 PM
That was so inspiring. ^_^
And I can see why Barack always looks so happy...:P Go Michelle!