PDA

View Full Version : Obama Haters

berryblack
02-12-2008, 03:18 PM
I have made my strong admiration and affection for Tavis Smiley known on this forum before. I have been a little perplexed by some of Tavis' commentaries over the last year. Some of the Obama haters are obvious jiggers & tappers but others (who have been in the trenches with everyday folk and on the right side of causes) have me scratching my head. Anyway, I saw an analysis on youtube of one of the "Clintons' hitmen" targeting Obama---this is the position of the video's creator and I refrain from taking a position either way. The videos were hilarious to me, especially when I read the captions and subtitles. For anyone following presidential politics, regardless of your chosen candidate, you may find this interesting if not down right funny. The breakdown is in two video parts. What do you guys think of the video's premise and are you aware of other notable figures to whom you may want to call attention? I will be the first to say that it pissed me off to hear Charlie Rangle's assertion of Obama's "stupidity" about the Bill misstep.

Part1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SAKuJ8pchlA

Part2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=76SkEEtCvWg&feature=related

frau
02-13-2008, 04:31 PM
great videos! thanks for posting them.

China
02-14-2008, 07:16 AM
Thanks for posting this. Tavis....I don't know about him now. This is the same dude that said we should always think black first, yet he's injecting doubt into the minds of AA's about Obama's capabilities. A couple of things in the video caught me:

1) "Don't surrender your power!" (in reference to Obama)....Um, WTF is that supposed to mean?

2) What does Iowa's black incarceration rates have to do with Obama and his success in the Iowa caususes? It comes accross as if he's discounting his win in IA.

3) Why didn't he speak out against the huge (some say cult like) following of the Clintons by AA's all those years? Why weren't we challenged by him to make the Clintons work for our vote?

I have always loved Tavis, but he has to be well aware of what he's doing.

Mae
02-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Look, I did not look at all of the video cause it is obviously one sided, but I will say this: anyone who has followed Tavis throughout the years will tell you that the brother has ALWAYS spoken about holding folks accountable, particularly to the black community....he is doing EXACTLY what he has always done....folks are hating on TAVIS cause he is not IN LOVE with Obama....that does not mean he hates him....in fact, I feel the same way he does....folks are so inspired by Obama that it gives me pause, and makes me want to take a step back and look at what is going on...I have never soon so many folk so invigorated by an election....so this is a good thing...but Tavis is, again, advocating for black folk, and trying to make sure that we do not get caught up, like we have so many times, by charisma (not that only black have, but that is who he is focusing on)...what is wrong with being critical?

gigglezk
02-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Mae, I think people are getting upset over the fact he's not being critical of the Clintons? I put a question mark because I'm not 100% sure if that is the case. I'm not a Tavis listener so I can't really say that is the reason. I, however, don't see anything wrong with him being critical of Obama. Can I ask though why does Obama inspiring others make you weary? Is it just the politician in general that makes you weary?

China
02-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Well I have followed Tavis for YEARS and I'm well aware of his track record, and I have yet to see him be as critical of the Clintons as he's been of Obama. I take huge issue with the TIMING of his jabs at Obama. On the eve of the SC primaries, where we would vote in large numbers, why would you challenge Obama supporters only? Where is the argument against faithful Clinton supporters? Why not challenge us to evaluate candidates of both parties?

A couple months ago, when he was behind in polls in large numbers in the Black community, where was the challenge to evaluate our collective loyalty to the Clintons?

Why does overwhelming support of his candidacy give you pause, Mae?

Mae
02-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Mae, I think people are getting upset over the fact he's not being critical of the Clintons? I put a question mark because I'm not 100% sure if that is the case. I'm not a Tavis listener so I can't really say that is the reason. I, however, don't see anything wrong with him being critical of Obama. Can I ask though why does Obama inspiring others make you weary? Is it just the politician in general that makes you weary?
[/b]
Gigglezk, do you mean leery, like cautious? I suppose I am, and I suppose a lot of it has to do with where I am from Detroit, MI. With everything that has happened in our local and state politics in the last few years, yes I am leery...also, to get very esoteric, I trust my own spirit very deeply, and I have not felt the same passion that others have had for Obama, and I am not sure why....therefore I am cautious...and, just to be analytical, I want to kind of take a step back and be as openminded about the whole process...also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE black people...so much so that I could never be an elected official, cause I am not muting my association and love for nothing....not even an elected office....I know that is how the game has to be played, but it still rubs me wrong....I can rationalize it, but in my heart....not so much (that might be what is holding me back from being in love with Obama)...Obama and Clinton may come and go, but me and black folk will always be together...and I get that vibe from Tavis too (maybe I am in love with him...... ^_^ )....lol...

oh and I wonder about Tavis and Clinton too....I suspect he is, but that does not get the press like one black man questioning another does....

gigglezk
02-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Gigglezk, do you mean leery, like cautious? I suppose I am, and I suppose a lot of it has to do with where I am from Detroit, MI. With everything that has happened in our local and state politics in the last few years, yes I am leery...also, to get very esoteric, I trust my own spirit very deeply, and I have not felt the same passion that others have had for Obama, and I am not sure why....therefore I am cautious...and, just to be analytical, I want to kind of take a step back and be as openminded about the whole process...also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE black people...so much so that I could never be an elected official, cause I am not muting my association and love for nothing....not even an elected office....I know that is how the game has to be played, but it still rubs me wrong....I can rationalize it, but in my heart....not so much (that might be what is holding me back from being in love with Obama)...Obama and Clinton may come and go, but me and black folk will always be together...and I get that vibe from Tavis too (maybe I am in love with him...... ^_^ )....lol...

oh and I wonder about Tavis and Clinton too....I suspect he is, but that does not get the press like one black man questioning another does....
[/b]

Beautiful response sis ^_^ and yes I meant leery. LOL, I'm teaching my oldest about rhyming and weary has just been stuck in my head. I asked because most people don't give a straightforward answer or as deep as yours. So I really respect that. Of course, you know you welcome on the Obama Express :P but always go with your heart and instincts to find the candidate for you.

China
02-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Good points, Mae.

napturallyme
02-14-2008, 09:10 AM
[/b]

EXACTLY! Where are these criticisms of the other candidates????

bajanempress
02-14-2008, 09:37 AM
I haven't watched these videos as yet (I'm at work with a slow connection) but I saw one that I thought about posting but declined to because the hate that was being spewed was ridiculous. I have no problems with criticism I think leaders should be challenged and criticised so that they can better meet the needs of the public.

However this video was of a preacher/pastor of some sort who was saying you couldn't trust Obama because he had never been to jail. That any black leader who has not been to jail is in the pocket of the white man and therefore not to be trusted. He cited Jesse Jackson, Martin Luther King Junior and Malcom X as examples of black leaders who had been arrested. He also had the gall to say Amen at points during his rant. Only the most ignorant person would think this is a valid argument.

Chyna Black
02-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Mae I agree with you!! Very passionate sista....

LEAVE MY TAVIS ALONE!!

Sorry had to get that out, its all love okay. Tavis has questioned Bill Clinton and the his politics. I would try and find the audio yet I am at work where certain sites are blocked.

Our guy comes hard on everyone because he holds folks as well as asks us to hold politician accountable. Tavis never said he had a personal problem with Senator Obama.

Exactly.....

ETA: I :wub: Tavis Smiley always have & will continue........

britni
02-14-2008, 10:13 AM
However this video was of a preacher/pastor of some sort who was saying you couldn't trust Obama because he had never been to jail. That any black leader who has not been to jail is in the pocket of the white man and therefore not to be trusted. He cited Jesse Jackson, Martin Luther King Junior and Malcom X as examples of black leaders who had been arrested. He also had the gall to say Amen at points during his rant. Only the most ignorant person would think this is a valid argument.
[/b]
I haven't yet watched the videos either because I'm not back in my room. I will, though, as soon as I get back.

See, the bolded is the type of stuff that I'm talking about. You can't be trusted because you haven't been to jail? :blink: That was true back in the '60s if you were active in the civil rights movement and standing up for what's right. I'm guessing that's what he was getting at.
So ladies, are these videos pro-Clinton/anti-Obama or just anti-Obama without mentioning Clinton at all?

nvsnot
02-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Well I have followed Tavis for YEARS and I'm well aware of his track record, and I have yet to see him be as critical of the Clintons as he's been of Obama. I take huge issue with the TIMING of his jabs at Obama. On the eve of the SC primaries, where we would vote in large numbers, why would you challenge Obama supporters only? Where is the argument against faithful Clinton supporters? Why not challenge us to evaluate candidates of both parties?

A couple months ago, when he was behind in polls in large numbers in the Black community, where was the challenge to evaluate our collective loyalty to the Clintons?

[/b]

I totally agree with everything you've said.

I listen to Tom Joyner every morning on the way to work and I have been taken back by the comments Tavis has made when referring to Obama. He would argue that it is about accountability for all of the candidates, but his statemens about accountability are all too often directed at Obama only. When callers first began complaining about his "attacks" on Obama, I was still on Tavis' side; however, after listening to him day after day I am convinced that he attacks are not directed towards that other candidates as they are at Obama.

I have never soon so many folk so invigorated by an election....so this is a good thing...but Tavis is, again, advocating for black folk, and trying to make sure that we do not get caught up, like we have so many times, by charisma (not that only black have, but that is who he is focusing on)...what is wrong with being critical?
[/b]

Please give an example of the so many times blacks have been caught up by someone's charisma. Some would say that Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton are charismatic, but they did not gain majority support from African American community. Barack is charismatic, but he has a message that you and every other American should listen too, but it seems that you live by the old saying, 'if it's too good to be true, it probably is'. I don't.

Black folk need to stop. Barack is not just black, he is the better candidate who is focused on All people's issued and not just black issues as he should. He is running for President of the United States not President of the State of the Black Union.

ETA: I respect Tavis, but who elected him speaker of the black community. I am more than capable of making informed decisions for myself. I will be so happy when the election is over. I want Barack to win so bad, but if Hillary gets it lets see how much change she can bring about. The woman is still running on the same healthcare plan she proposed and was not passed in '94. I'm a believer in if it's broke don't fix it, but if it's broke...

Chyna Black
02-14-2008, 10:52 AM
I disagree. He has to flat out say he is not speaking about Obama before folks get that he has been speaking about all the candidates. The only way folks will be happy would be for Tavis to stop talking politics all together, but that's not going to happen.

He has spoken about Hillary not being Bill.
McCain being old or something.
Hickabee here in Arkansas

He has done commentary on all the candidates. Lately he has had to defend his commentaries on Obama so it may seem its direct toward him because folks have been calling him, emailing him, and constantly asking him why the hate. Folks are distracted by what they think he is saying instead of listening to what he is saying.

No one appointed Tavis, like no one appointed MLK, Malcolm or anyone bringing the issues into the light. Some folks give back because they feel its the right thing to do, Tavis is doing so by using his voice, his books, and his tv show.

nvsnot
02-14-2008, 11:39 AM
No one appointed Tavis, like no one appointed MLK, Malcolm or anyone bringing the issues into the light. Some folks give back because they feel its the right thing to do, Tavis is doing so by using his voice, his books, and his tv show.
[/b]

MLK was chosen by his peers to lead the Bus Boycott, rally the people and speak to the public which turned into him being the spokesman for other issues affecting the black community. Tavis, on the other hand, chose himself. Anyway, Tavis' listeners are predominately black and overwhelmingly in support of Barack. If he was truly concerned about all candidates, why isn't he reaching out or using his voice to challenge Hillary's supporters on stations they listen to? I assure you, most are not listening to 106.5 or watching his talk show so to say he is trying to hold all candidates responsible to a predominately black listening audience is bull. He is targeting Barack b/c of the audience he is using his voice to address.

Chyna Black
02-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Tavis is speaking to Hillary supporters. Hillary has black support in the lines of older black men and women. Tavis has said over and over he loves black people therefore he addresses us because he is one of us.

Tavis has a fan base and supportors. There will be plenty of folks volunteering in New Orleans during the Black Caucus just because of Tavis.

Well now nvsnot we are going to agree to disagree, because I can not bring you over to Tavis side where I have no plans of leaving. ;)

nvsnot
02-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Chyna Black, i'm cool with agreeing to disagree b/c I respect your position and opinion on this issue.

As far as bringing me on Tavis' side I will never be against him as a black man, but can disagree with his "antics" as far as this election is concerned. You said yourself that he is getting letters and phone calls from many in the black community who are angered that it appears he's against Barack. Because he knows how important this election is, he should refrain from the appearance of coming across as an Obama hater. If he is so into bringing the community together why at such an important time in history is he pulling us apart to carry out his agenda?

China
02-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Chyna Black, i'm cool with agreeing to disagree b/c I respect your position and opinion on this issue.

As far as bringing me on Tavis' side I will never be against him as a black man, but can disagree with his "antics" as far as this election is concerned. You said yourself that he is getting letters and phone calls from many in the black community who are angered that it appears he's against Barack. Because he knows how important this election is, he should refrain from the appearance of coming across as an Obama hater. If he is so into bringing the community together why at such an important time in history is he pulling us apart to carry out his agenda? [/b]

As a Tavis fan (with a few doubts now), I agree. And once you add on this drama concerning the Black Caucus debate, he's coming accross as either hungry for attention or a secret Clinton supporter. Michelle Obama was on the radio discussing this with Michael Baisden yesterday, and I didn't hear the entire discussion, but I don't think Tavis wanted her to come in Barack's place. She continuously stressed the tremendous respect the Obama family has for Tavis, but explained that they can't attend every function they're invited to because of the primaries. Callers were overwhelming understanding of this.

ETA: Found this on MingleCity

The letter Obama sent to Tavis Smiley:

Dear Tavis,

Thank you for the invitation to participate in the 2008 State of the Black Union forum in New Orleans, Louisiana February 21-23. The exchange of ideas raised at this annual symposium are invaluable as our nation strives to address the critical issues facing not just African Americans, but Americans of every race, background and political party.

I especially commend you for hosting this dialogue in New Orleans. On the eve of the Louisiana primary, I visited this great city for the fifth time since declaring my candidacy to share policy proposals for rebuilding the Gulf Coast so that we never experience another Hurricane Katrina. On February 9, I was deeply humbled to win the Louisiana primary with 86 percent of the African American vote and a 14 point lead among all voters who said they were adversely affected by Hurricane Katrina.

Uniting our country and creating a national constituency for fundamental change is why I am running for President of the United States. We have come a long way in this race, but we still have a long road ahead. In the final stretch, I will be on the campaign trail everyday in states like Ohio, Texas and Wisconsin talking directly with voters about the causes that are at the heart of my campaign and the State of the Black Union forum such as affordable healthcare, housing, economic opportunity, civil rights and foreign policy. I am committed to touching every voter, and working to earn their vote.

That is why with regret, I am not able to attend the forum. I understand that you have declined the campaign’s request to have Michelle Obama speak on my behalf. I ask that you reconsider. Michelle is a powerful voice for the type of real change America is hungry for. No one knows my record or my passion for leading America in a new direction more than Michelle Obama.

Tavis, this is our movement and our time. I look forward to working closely with you throughout this election. Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Barack Obama

tangytic
02-14-2008, 07:04 PM

[/b]

Absolutely positively!. I heard him on the Tom Joyner show and I was appalled and done. He seems to have joined the ranks of the ones that are bitter against Obama. He even had the nerve to use Clinton's point about Jesse Jackson running for president and winning alot of primaries! That was it. I am so done with Tavis. I was never really totally impressed with his uneducated sounding behind anyway.

PrincessDrRe
02-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Well...Tavis did an excellent commentary on the Tom Joyner Morning Show this morning. Basically he stated that he is still not for any side yet. Just the "side of truth"....

taniseka
02-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Something else that just makes me wonder (hmmm...)

Commentary by Roland Martin on CNN: NAACP's Bond late to the game on Dem delegate battle (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/14/roland.martin/index.html)

A little slice of it:

Obama's position has been that the states broke the rules, all the candidates agreed not to campaign there, and the DNC should enforce the rules that all sides agreed to. But Clinton is leading the charge to seat the delegates, especially since she "won" both states, even though she was often quoted as saying the results won't mean a thing because the election will not count.

But since she didn't knock Obama out of the race on Super Tuesday, and has since lost eight caucuses and primaries, she desperately needs those delegates, and her camp told the New York Times in the February 14 edition they will do everything they can to get them seated.

This brings us back to Bond, a veteran of the civil rights movement who has pretty much run the group since the messy departure of Bruce Gordon as president and CEO this time last year.

In his February 8 letter, Bond said that he was worried that voters in both states "could ultimately have their votes completely discounted if they are not assigned delegate representation for the Democratic National Convention."

When the story was picked up the Associated Press, it was reported that he wanted the states given to Clinton and then seated in her favor. NAACP officials told me that was not the case, and he was not advocating on behalf of one candidate or another.

deecoily
02-15-2008, 03:04 AM
Has Tavis been to jail? If he hasn't, he's just in the White man's pocket and can't be trusted.

Chyna Black
02-15-2008, 05:33 AM
^^^^Ouch Dee that hurt me, I can't even comment after that....must go dress my wound.......

Mae
02-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Something else that just makes me wonder (hmmm...)

Commentary by Roland Martin on CNN: NAACP's Bond late to the game on Dem delegate battle (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/14/roland.martin/index.html)

A little slice of it:

Obama's position has been that the states broke the rules, all the candidates agreed not to campaign there, and the DNC should enforce the rules that all sides agreed to. But Clinton is leading the charge to seat the delegates, especially since she "won" both states, even though she was often quoted as saying the results won't mean a thing because the election will not count.

But since she didn't knock Obama out of the race on Super Tuesday, and has since lost eight caucuses and primaries, she desperately needs those delegates, and her camp told the New York Times in the February 14 edition they will do everything they can to get them seated.

This brings us back to Bond, a veteran of the civil rights movement who has pretty much run the group since the messy departure of Bruce Gordon as president and CEO this time last year.

In his February 8 letter, Bond said that he was worried that voters in both states "could ultimately have their votes completely discounted if they are not assigned delegate representation for the Democratic National Convention."

When the story was picked up the Associated Press, it was reported that he wanted the states given to Clinton and then seated in her favor. NAACP officials told me that was not the case, and he was not advocating on behalf of one candidate or another.
[/b]
there are plenty of Obama supporters in MI who want a re-vote...I get invited to the meetups AT Least twice a week....the Obama supporters are strategizing on how to push the party to allow another vote as well as how to help out in OH....I would go to the meeting on Sat. just to see what the rationale is, but it is in Detroit....I don't know, I might....but lots of folks here voted uncommitted or for the other dude...some may have even voted for Clinton out of spite (our state was actively protesting the national rules...civil disobedience if you will)...

Serbbral
02-15-2008, 07:14 AM
I don't think those votes should count. I just think they should just let them vote again, with everyone's name on the ballot, so that there will be no mess.

deecoily
02-15-2008, 03:13 PM
^^^^Ouch Dee that hurt me, I can't even comment after that....must go dress my wound.......
[/b]
:hug: You know I was being sarcastic - responding to this post by Bajanempress:

I haven't watched these videos as yet (I'm at work with a slow connection) but I saw one that I thought about posting but declined to because the hate that was being spewed was ridiculous. I have no problems with criticism I think leaders should be challenged and criticised so that they can better meet the needs of the public.

However this video was of a preacher/pastor of some sort who was saying you couldn't trust Obama because he had never been to jail. That any black leader who has not been to jail is in the pocket of the white man and therefore not to be trusted. He cited Jesse Jackson, Martin Luther King Junior and Malcom X as examples of black leaders who had been arrested. He also had the gall to say Amen at points during his rant. Only the most ignorant person would think this is a valid argument.[/b]

sunschild57
02-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Has Tavis been to jail? If he hasn't, he's just in the White man's pocket and can't be trusted.
[/b]
Tavis hasn't been to jail but he is from Indiana so that's just as bad :lol: :bolt:

deecoily
02-16-2008, 04:33 AM
^^ Well he has an official Black Card then.

(Except for the being from Indiana part) :icon_ShiftyEye:

Scrills
02-16-2008, 09:50 AM
(haven't read the whole forum) but...

I've heard the theory that leaders (especially civil rights) don't like Obama because it makes their jobs less relevant

China
02-16-2008, 11:37 AM
(haven't read the whole forum) but...

I've heard the theory that leaders (especially civil rights) don't like Obama because it makes their jobs less relevant
[/b]

This is the impression that I get from some of them.

meccadon
02-19-2008, 12:22 PM
[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I got it, knew you were being sarcastic, and it made me holler!)

For some Civil Rights leaders I am not surprised of their over-criticism of Obama because I peeped the same thing (through documentary, etc. etc.) when Shirley Chisolm was making her run. I think a level of jealousy that it's not them blazing the trail and politics *who is scratching who's back* plays a part . Clinton did give some credence to Jesse during his time in office and I think Jesse is on his payback (remember Jesse was the Clinton's religious advisor and Jesse got them hostages and he was still held in high regard even when Reverend Jackson's child-on-the-side news came out). However, even though I am not surprised, I certainly DO NOT like it. I saw one of the early Howard University debates with Democratic candidates (also hosted by Tavis, so it's not Obama has never accepted an invite) and as soon as they introduced Obama, the camera panned to Sharpton who looked hella salty (with his perm!). The criticism is unwarranted and it does seem one-sided to the point where older black cicil rights leader are being overly critical of Obama just to stress how supposedly fair and unbiased they are. They doth protest too much.

China
02-19-2008, 04:21 PM
The irony is that Colin Powell is more supportive of the brotha, and folks used to consider him a "Tom" for being a Republican, and the so-called fathers of Civil Rights feel the need to find flaws in dude. How do you preach about needing more black leadership and then cut down a viable Black candidate for president? Powell hasn't endorsed Obama, and he's mentioned not agreeing with his stance on everything (such as his foreign policy stance), but he keeps it respectful.

ctate5
02-19-2008, 05:50 PM
wow?!?! i must find out more about civil rights leaders, and their feelings about Barack. i hope that what some of y'all have said is not true. it really breaks my heart to think that people are so concerned with their own agendas. to think that your accomplishments would be lessened b/c someone else was able to take the foundation that you laid and build upon it, truly it makes me questions your motives. where they boycotting for change, or so that 50 years from now they would be spoken of like MLK? wow? hopefully i'll find some substance to why some civil rights leaders oppose Barack.

Chyna Black
02-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Okay Dee, I see it now! I was hormonal that day because I have on "LEAVE TAVIS ALONE!!" boxing attire! :D

Gosh folks just refuse to see it as Tavis Smiley doing what he has consistently done in the past with all politician, elected officials, with the State of the Black Union, with his books The Covenant with Black America and so on.....

He is not attacking or hating on Senator Barack Obama, who has more black support then what is discussed lately. Tavis can't take anything away from Obama just like Obama can't touch Tavis in his line. Their paths cross because they have a common goal of making American better for everyone. Tavis tries to do it on the inside with keeping the issues that affect us on the table to be discussed where things can take place to correct while Obama is going to help on the outside by working with the government. The government who is so separated from ordinary people.

Tavis says he loves black people. Okay maybe equate him with the older black folks in your family that will say whatever about the preachers or teachers in your community. Yeah they may be doing all the things the community need but don't place them on any pedestals because they are just men & women.

There will be one uncle talking what you don't agree with but he has some good logic in his speeches. Plus Obama is the next generation trying to get the older generation to see that what he stands for is what they stood for all thru the civil rights movement and what not. Black folks are hard to win over especially other black folks.

That's all Ima say....... ^_^

China
02-20-2008, 06:37 PM
wow?!?! i must find out more about civil rights leaders, and their feelings about Barack. i hope that what some of y'all have said is not true. it really breaks my heart to think that people are so concerned with their own agendas. to think that your accomplishments would be lessened b/c someone else was able to take the foundation that you laid and build upon it, truly it makes me questions your motives. where they boycotting for change, or so that 50 years from now they would be spoken of like MLK? wow? hopefully i'll find some substance to why some civil rights leaders oppose Barack.
[/b]

Several members of the Congressional Black Caucus are superdelegates and have pledged to vote for Clinton in the election, including some who represent districts that voted for Obama by 3-to-1 and 2-to-1 margin. There are a few stories under the Politics forum actually.

napturallyme
02-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Now this is some foolishness for real:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=khuu-RhOBDU

WTF, is he serious?????? I don't know what Christianity is his claiming, but it's not the one I'm under.

China
02-20-2008, 07:47 PM
How many times is his perverted **** going to emphasis the 54D's in his attack??? His remarks were so disturbing that I couldnt sit through the but half the video.

delta98
02-20-2008, 07:47 PM

WTF, is he serious?????? I don't know what Christianity is his claiming, but it's not the one I'm under.
[/b]
WTF? crabs.in.a.barrel..have you ever seen that? crabs actually grab onto any crabs that try to climb out the barrel.

he sounds terrible...

taniseka
02-20-2008, 07:51 PM

[/b]

:o :blink: :rolleyes: <_< :doh :icon_headshake:

I gave up at 4:24. I would have been dripping brain cells out of my nose if I watched the whole 9:51 minutes of it.

bajanempress
02-20-2008, 08:03 PM

WTF, is he serious?????? I don&#39;t know what Christianity is his claiming, but it&#39;s not the one I&#39;m under.
[/b]

Yes it was this man whose other youtube clip I was talking about earlier in this thread that I refused to post. Honestly I don&#39;t think we should participate in the spread of the nonsense this man spews. This is not the first sermon of his that I have seen denouncing Obama. I opened it, realised it was him and closed it. I am sorry I opened it at all because I hate that I added even one digit to the tally of views for this idiocy.

sunschild57
02-20-2008, 09:34 PM

WTF, is he serious?????? I don&#39;t know what Christianity is his claiming, but it&#39;s not the one I&#39;m under.
[/b]
I only looked at about 30 seconds of the video. I think this is the nut case that has a church in Harlem. I can&#39;t believe people actually go to this church. I think he even runs a school and people send their kids there. :huh: :rolleyes:

britni
02-20-2008, 10:41 PM
That man is an ignorant piece of ****. He can say whatever he wants about anybody, but it&#39;s scary to hear a "preacher" say what he did around the 7:25 mark. Disgusting. What I wanna know is why no one left after listening to that crap?
Furthermore, who in the hot hell let him get a seminary degree? <_< Sheesh, what a sick, sick individual.

Boy, I tell ya....the jealousy that some of these black men have for Barack is astounding.

snicy
02-21-2008, 05:07 AM
I am a HUGE supporter of President Obama. For the past 8 years, George Bush has been a disaster. He sent us into a war that was clearly a mistake and much more for his ego, than for the people. Hurricane Katrina. Need I say more??? <_< When he got reelected in &#39;04, I actually cried.

For the first time, I am really excited about a candidate. I think he inspires people and I think he is a strong leader who has what it takes to move the country in a good direction. He&#39;s smart, charismatic and he can get people to listen to him. Also, whenever I hear Billary, I feel insulted. I feel that she insults President Obama supporters by implying that we are naive and brainwashed. Like we wouldn&#39;t do research and make an informed decision about President Obama. More than that, I think she is overwhelmed by the thought that she is not getting what she wants (the presidency) and that desperation is destroying her campaign. It&#39;s as though she feels it is owed to her. :huh: I don&#39;t quite understand that but I say let her do it, she is her own worst enemy.

On to Tavis, I was never a huge fan of Tavis and his latest antics have made me even less of one. I don&#39;t question his love for blacks, I question his ego being bigger than his love for blacks. Now is not the time to criticize President Obama and give his opponents ammunition. I&#39;m not going to say that you SHOULD vote for President Obama because he is a black man, (that would be pretty ridiculous because if it were Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson against Billary, she would probably have my vote) what I will say though is that I don&#39;t understand why these self- proclaimed leaders would attack him openly. If they have a problem with him, I think they should talk to him in private and stop hating on him in public. Like I said before, it&#39;s not that I DON&#39;T think they love black people, I just think their EGOS are bigger than their love for black people. There is clearly some jealousy here which is a shame. When we are united, we are unstoppable. Just my :2cents: . ^_^

kurliehead
02-21-2008, 05:16 AM
He sounds like the stereotypical brainwashed house slave.

“Massa done been good to uses. He done giveded us food and places to stay. Nows youse alls wants ta turn on ‘em cus that high yalla long legged negro say so.”

Then had the nerve to try to back that mess up with the bible. <_<

He keep talking about Obama being a pimp, but sounds to me like he&#39;s pimping his congregation for HillBilly and &#39;nem. And he spent waaaay to much time and energy on the Obama Girl’s breast. <_<

eta:
nicy said:

I feel that she insults President Obama supporters by implying that we are naive and brainwashed. Like we wouldn&#39;t do research and make an informed decision about President Obama.[/b]

I know what you mean. This thought popped into my mind after talking to a friend, and HillBilly supporter:

His only reasoning for voting for her is that things were good when Bill was Pres, and he thinks things would go back to that time if HillBilly got back to the White House. His family is blue collar, some high school grads, some drop outs, no college grads, and he has talked them all into voting for IT. Some of them have internet access, but use it mainly use it for entertainment.

So I thought, if her main base was the blue collar, non-college graduates, like my friend’s family, if it is possible that her main base is actually the ones who are naïve and brainwashed into thinking that as long as a Clinton is in the Big House then things would be good. If they actually did any research on their own, or if they are just going along with what someone told them?

I’m not saying that all non-college grads and blue collar workers are uneducated and brainwashed, but I think HillBilly is secretly banking on the hope that they are.

napturallyme
02-21-2008, 05:35 AM
He sounds like the stereotypical brainwashed house slave.

“Massa done been good to uses. He done giveded us food and places to stay. Nows youse alls wants ta turn on ‘em cus that high yalla long legged negro say so.”

Then had the nerve to try to back that mess up with the bible. <_<

He keep talking about Obama being a pimp, but sounds to me like he&#39;s pimping his congregation for HillBilly and &#39;nem. And he spent waaaay to much time and energy on the Obama Girl’s breast. <_<
[/b]

ITA

I&#39;m disgusted by this man, I&#39;m not into revoking black cards, but I surely would like to take his away.

aishad
02-21-2008, 05:47 AM
"His African in heat father"??? "Your health is in my mouth"????? Okay, that was really scary. How could people listen to that??? WTH??

britni
02-21-2008, 06:29 AM
On to Tavis, I was never a huge fan of Tavis and his latest antics have made me even less of one. I don&#39;t question his love for blacks, I question his ego being bigger than his love for blacks.
[/b]
I love this this entire post, esp. the bolded.

I agree with kurliehead, too. I thought about that as well. Her healthcare plan will disproportionately affect that exact group of folks (her main supporters) which I find so ironic. I&#39;m convinced that a lot of her supporters are not aware of that. If they were, it&#39;s hard to believe that they&#39;d be supporting her.

nvsnot
02-21-2008, 08:58 AM
On to Tavis, I was never a huge fan of Tavis and his latest antics have made me even less of one. I don&#39;t question his love for blacks, I question his ego being bigger than his love for blacks. Now is not the time to criticize President Obama and give his opponents ammunition. I&#39;m not going to say that you SHOULD vote for President Obama because he is a black man, (that would be pretty ridiculous because if it were Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson against Billary, she would probably have my vote) what I will say though is that I don&#39;t understand why these self- proclaimed leaders would attack him openly. If they have a problem with him, I think they should talk to him in private and stop hating on him in public. Like I said before, it&#39;s not that I DON&#39;T think they love black people, I just think their EGOS are bigger than their love for black people. There is clearly some jealousy here which is a shame. When we are united, we are unstoppable. Just my :2cents: . ^_^
[/b]

You hit the nail on the head with you comment. I am in agreement with what you said.

olympia621
02-23-2008, 05:59 PM
I haven&#39;t read the whole forum so I apologize if this has been said before.
I got a feeling most black "leaders" will come out of the woodwork when Obama wins.
They will be looking to get appointments in Obama&#39;s administration just because they are black. I&#39;m sure some black people will get appointments but they will be qualified for them. I hope this doesn&#39;t happen but you know how some black folks are. All somebody has to say is well now that we have elected him, he turns his back on us.

wannabenappy
02-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Please give an example of the so many times blacks have been caught up by someone&#39;s charisma.
[/b]

Just go to any neighborhood church. (oops...did I say that? I&#39;m an agnostic so don&#39;t mind me! :lol: )

No but seriously on a different note. Why is it when a black figure be it in the political, social or entertainment realm is critical of Obama it&#39;s an "attack"?? I&#39;ve noticed this on AA message boards and blogs. They get lampooned for being a (and these are not my words) "sell-out," "negro-mafia," "plantation-minded," bossip.com used the headline "ho" in reference to Maya Angelou for her support for Clinton and referred to older black voters of her time who supported Clinton "old-time chitlin’ era civil rights leaders," calling out black celebs who won&#39;t use their money or fame to support Obama. WTH? I had to take a break from black political message boards because I was getting tired of the plantation buzzwords of anyone who dares to criticize their precious Barack. It was just getting plain silly to me. For those who say Tavis should keep his mouth closed because it&#39;s hurting Barack chances get over it! It&#39;s an election year expect everyone black, brown, yellow and blue to criticize him. It&#39;s Tavis&#39; prerogative if he wants to criticize Obama and he shouldn&#39;t have to put his freedom of speech on the back burner because he and Barack share the same skin color.

Enough with the plantation metaphors! :rolleyes: :lol: