PDA

View Full Version : I Think My Baby Is Sick!

kurliehead
02-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Coco hasn't had much of an appetite the past couple of days, but her energy level hasn't changed so I was concerned but not overly. However, yesterday she didn't eat at all, and last night she woke me up around 1:00 a.m. gagging. She vomited and had diarreah. I cleaned that up and sat up for a while, but she and I both drifted off. Around 3:00 and 5:00 this morning she woke up again gagging and vomited. She wouldn't eat breakfast and is just laying here in my lap. This is so unlike her, in the morning she is hyped and playful.

I didn't go to work this morning, because I didn't want to leave her alone all day in case it got worse. Not to mention, I didn't want to come home and have to clean up poop and vomit.

My vet doesn't open until 8:00, so right now I'm waiting to call and see if I can get her in. They are usually pretty good at fitting people in if it's an emergency.

Anyway, I hope it's nothing serious. I don't know what I would do if my little bookie boo is sick. :(

kinkykhick
02-13-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm glad you're taking your baby to the vet. i hope she feels better soon.

Soulsearch72
02-13-2008, 04:18 PM
(((hugs))).. Please us know how your baby is doing.

kurliehead
02-14-2008, 07:47 AM
It wasn’t anything really serious and my baby is better! ^_^

I visited family Sunday and one of my cousins fed her some smothered chicken and gravy. I tell them not to feed her because she begs, but my cousin said it wouldn’t hurt her, and she should know since she has had Chihuahuas before they always ate with her. <_< Well, apparently it does hurt my furbaby’s little stomach. :Angry:

The vet told me that if she had only had the chicken it would not have been a problem, but that greasy, fatty foods, like gravy, is not good for the digestive track and pancreas. They gave her medicine to stop the vomiting and diarrhea, and she was back to her usual antics by nightfall. :lol:

Babylon
02-14-2008, 07:57 AM
It wasn’t anything really serious and my baby is better! ^_^

I visited family Sunday and one of my cousins fed her some smothered chicken and gravy. I tell them not to feed her because she begs, but my cousin said it wouldn’t hurt her, and she should know since she has had Chihuahuas before they always ate with her. <_< Well, apparently it does hurt my furbaby’s little stomach. :Angry:

The vet told me that if she had only had the chicken it would not have been a problem, but that greasy, fatty foods, like gravy, is not good for the digestive track and pancreas. They gave her medicine to stop the vomiting and diarrhea, and she was back to her usual antics by nightfall. :lol:
[/b]

Next time baby gets an upset stomach try giving her/him some plain, fat, yogurt. I ended up saving HUNDREDS of dollars feeding my sick pup yogurt when the vet was talking about charging me all these fees for test, ex-rays, medication and the whole nine. My dog was throwing up and not eating like yours.

A little old lady told me about the yogurt thing!

skittles04
02-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Yayyy! I&#39;m glad that everything worked out ok and that she&#39;s feeling well again.