PDA

View Full Version : Asking to live

Hedasa03
03-29-2003, 06:44 AM
I had this discussion with dh.

Ok when most ppl feel that they are about to die they pray to stay alive.

If they believe that when they die they will meet up with God, why pray to stay?
I believe that everything happens for a reason and when its yr time to go you go, What is the since in praying to stay?

Why not ask to be forgiven instead?

What are yr thoughts?

I dunno . . . Im not a church goer. I have alot of uncommon questions so I dont go to Church because eveytime I find inconstancies with the bible and they way people interpet it. . . . I feel a little more uncomfortable with Church. I dont ask these "crazy" questions because they'll prolly say Im the devil and such :lol:

cocoarose
03-30-2003, 12:15 AM
I feel where you are coming from and do not think it is a ''crazy'' question. Umm I feel if you are in a life or death situation unless you just loathe living you probably are going to be asking GOD to stay or elongate your time on earth,especially if you have many things to live for.But for most, I am assuming if you are a spiritual person your probably going to do both ask for forgiveness(so if it is your time your covered) and ask to stay just in case. Hey my opinion.

Kalico
03-30-2003, 12:24 AM
I guess its because no matter what your religion, and how deep your faith is, underlying it all is the primal animal instinct to want to live.

elleebeme5
03-30-2003, 04:26 AM
I know of a few - and only a few - who prayed to die. One elderly man in our congregation was visited by our pastor in the hospital. REv. was started to pray that he be healed and the man stopped him. He told him that he had tried to do right by God, his family, his job and so on. He said he was in pain and ready to go see the Lord. Rev. said that it felt it appropriate to honor his request. The man died within a week.

When I pray for healing, I acknowledge that wanting to live is my human will wanting this life. But in God infinite wisdom, He knows better and has given me the opportunity to live forever with Him.

MuthaErth
03-31-2003, 05:24 AM
i think most people pray to stay alive because who REALLY knows what death is like? fear of the unknown is what( i think) make people pray to stay alive.

silvi
04-04-2003, 03:47 AM
i think most people pray to stay alive because who REALLY knows what death is like? fear of the unknown is what( i think) make people pray to stay alive.

well said...

cocoarose
04-04-2003, 05:42 AM

well said...

Ditto