PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton: If You Don't Deliver For Her Then I Don't Think She Can

gigglezk
02-21-2008, 05:08 AM
Bill Clinton: Texas loss may mean the end
Posted: 06:47 AM ET

(CNN) — Bill Clinton added his voice Thursday to a growing chorus of those who say Hillary Clinton must win both the Texas and Ohio primaries on March 4 to keep her presidential chances alive.

Campaigning in Beaumont, Texas, the former president bluntly told a crowd it's up to them whether his wife's candidacy continues.

"If she wins in Texas and Ohio I think she will be the nominee," he said. "If you don't deliver for her then I don't think she can. It's all on you." :rolleyes:

Bill Clinton's comments are his most frank to date about his wife's presidential chances, and comes a day after she suffered her ninth and tenth straight loss to rival Barack Obama.

Earlier Wednesday, Hillary Clinton maintained her campaign is moving forward, though she conceded Obama has had a "couple of good weeks."

"It is time to get real," the New York senator also said. "To get real about how we actually win this election… It is time to move from good words to good works — from sound bites to sound solutions." :rolleyes:

Bill Clinton's comments echo those of his one-time adviser James Carville, a current supporter of Hillary Clinton, who recently said of the New York senator, "Make no mistake. If she loses either Texas or Ohio, this thing is done."

The Clinton campaign itself has increasingly placed importance on those two delegate-rich contests following a string of losses, though it has not suggested the New York senator may exit the race should she lose either contest.

All I got to say is GTFOOHWTBS! Let's see...they've tried tears, blaming black people, college students, saying caucus states don't matter, dismissing states and her own supporters outrightly, plagiarism accusations, distasteful mailers, kindergarten conspiracies, negative ads...and now guilt. Did I leave out something?

NappyMiami
02-21-2008, 05:27 AM
Bill Clinton: Texas loss may mean the end
Posted: 06:47 AM ET

(CNN) — Bill Clinton added his voice Thursday to a growing chorus of those who say Hillary Clinton must win both the Texas and Ohio primaries on March 4 to keep her presidential chances alive.

Campaigning in Beaumont, Texas, the former president bluntly told a crowd it's up to them whether his wife's candidacy continues.

"If she wins in Texas and Ohio I think she will be the nominee," he said. "If you don't deliver for her then I don't think she can. It's all on you." :rolleyes:

Bill Clinton's comments are his most frank to date about his wife's presidential chances, and comes a day after she suffered her ninth and tenth straight loss to rival Barack Obama.

Earlier Wednesday, Hillary Clinton maintained her campaign is moving forward, though she conceded Obama has had a "couple of good weeks."

"It is time to get real," the New York senator also said. "To get real about how we actually win this election… It is time to move from good words to good works — from sound bites to sound solutions." :rolleyes:

Bill Clinton's comments echo those of his one-time adviser James Carville, a current supporter of Hillary Clinton, who recently said of the New York senator, "Make no mistake. If she loses either Texas or Ohio, this thing is done."

The Clinton campaign itself has increasingly placed importance on those two delegate-rich contests following a string of losses, though it has not suggested the New York senator may exit the race should she lose either contest.

All I got to say is GTFOOHWTBS! Let's see...they've tried tears, blaming black people, college students, saying caucus states don't matter, dismissing states and her own supporters outrightly, plagiarism accusations, distasteful mailers, kindergarten conspiracies, negative ads...and now guilt. Did I leave out something?
[/b]

YEAH, pimp slapping Obama supporters! LOL Bill is RAMPANT and destrying her chances of winning. If I wasn't so sure I'd think he is purposely trying to sabatoge her campaign. Heck it's not like they have the best relationship. He probably has fear of being STEDMENIZED! I'm just waiting for them to bring in Sister Patterson from ILNY to start annoiting people with the POWER!

gigglezk
02-21-2008, 06:39 AM
^:lol: not sister patterson :lol:

taniseka
02-21-2008, 06:45 AM
But isn't it true that it would be GAME OVER for HillBilly if Barack won Texas and/or Ohio? :dunno: What I don't understand is how they claim she would be the nominee if she won Texas and Ohio when she hasn't won anything since Super Tuesday.

gigglezk
02-21-2008, 06:59 AM
It is true the game would be over for her if she loses. But realistically, the game has been over for her awhile now. I take issue with trying to put the blame on the people if she loses. It's one thing to say "you have the power to change this election because its up to you" and another thing to say "it's all on you". I also don't get why they are saying if she wins those states she will be the nominee. Maybe it'll take her to the convention where superdelegates have to cast votes, but for the most part it won't make her the nominee. I think she needs to just let it go.

napturallyme
02-21-2008, 08:37 AM
[/b]

You broke it down, they are full of nothing but excuses and they are running out of them.

I don't like how they are making it seem like Texans owe them their vote. I think Barack will take Texas, that districting of delegates is really going to work in his favor. Hopefully she will bow out gracefully and quit being such a sore loser.

But isn't it true that it would be GAME OVER for HillBilly if Barack won Texas and/or Ohio? :dunno: What I don't understand is how they claim she would be the nominee if she won Texas and Ohio when she hasn't won anything since Super Tuesday.
[/b]

I don't get how they can say that either. If she wins those states, it just means that this will definitely come down to the convention and the superdelegates. It just keeps her in the game, but doesn't make her a winner. Barack has won way more states then her and the superdelegates would be fools to go against the public vote.

kurliehead
02-21-2008, 09:23 AM
He showed up more than two hours late and then tried to run a guilt trip on the same people who stood in the rain waiting for him? In the words of gigglezk: GTFOOHWTBS!

cyndependant
02-21-2008, 09:31 AM
This whole campaign is crazy. The clinton's strategies dont work because they are based on false pretenses and washingtons same old tricks. Cream will continue to rise to the top while IT will continue to sink lower and lower, dragging her hopes for office with her.

britni
02-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Hillary conceding IF she were to lose Texas. I think she will go on until the very end...getting her Mike Huckabee on. :unsure:

taniseka
02-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Hillary conceding IF she were to lose Texas. I think she will go on until the very end...getting her Mike Huckabee on. :unsure:
[/b]

I don't think she would concede either if it were only up to her, BUT remember what Howard Dean said (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112852&hl=dean) about the DNC wanting a nominee by "mid March or April." I really believe that Barack can finish Hillbilly off if he wins Texas or Ohio (or both).