PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Nader Puts His Flimsy Hat In The Race

britni
02-24-2008, 06:29 AM
'Flimsy' because I don't want him to run for obvious reasons and I don't wanna use cuss words. :)

Link (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NADER?SITE=NEYOR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

*sigh* Give a rest, bruh. <_<

gigglezk
02-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Why?

napturallyme
02-24-2008, 07:25 AM
He&#39;s on Meet the Press right now

vicchnu
02-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Nadar is being asked to run to take that independent vote away from Obama -- I at first thought about the Clintons but then I remembered the rumors about him having ties to the Republicans. Thefriend of mines who was a law student went somewhere to see him and the cost was pretty high.

When she got to shake hands with him she mentioned the cost and that he should have it lowered so that his core supporters could see him and he told her "its not my problem". That was many, many years ago -- about 15 or so years ago, but she never thought of him the same way as she said it wasn&#39;t just what he said but how he said it.

curlycoilyfroily
02-24-2008, 06:06 PM
&#39;Flimsy&#39; because I don&#39;t want him to run for obvious reasons and I don&#39;t wanna use cuss words. :)

*sigh* Give a rest, bruh. <_<
[/b]

The title of this thread hath slain me. My friend&#39;s response when he saw Ralphie on Meet The Press this AM: "F--- YOU RALPH!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, if there were any year that Independents or any voters were looking for a third-party candidate because of dissatisfaction with the mainstream candidates, I don&#39;t think 2008 is going to be it. And even if it were, Ralphie boy wouldn&#39;t be the one to choose. :rolleyes:

PrincessDrRe
02-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Eff &#39;em....

Dang Ralphie. You gonna try and fail again.....

*sigh*

browneyez06
02-25-2008, 11:18 AM
I heard he&#39;s trying to snatch the Independent votes from my "husband". He&#39;s trying to screw everything up like he did with Gore :Angry:

ljam4u
02-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Let&#39;s step back and look at this in another way...

Yes, perhaps votes for Nader or any other Independent candidate might "take away" votes from either the Democratic candidate or the Republican candidate, but what about people who refuse to vote for either political party and/or are not happy with either choice?

Admittedly, I&#39;m rooting for Obama, but, on my voter registration card I am listed as Unaffiliated. Why? Because I have no intention of joining one of the "Big 2" and haven&#39;t decided yet on becoming a Green Party member. There are many political parties in this country besides Dem and Rep, and while they often don&#39;t get a chance at running due to ridiculous and restrictive calls for a petition to even get them on the ballot (promoted by, unsurprisingly, advocates from the "Big 2"), within those parties are people who really believe in their message/issues. It is completely unfair for a vote for anyone other than the "big 2" to be labeled a "waste", or to be attributed to making another candidate lose. It is not guaranteed that said vote would have been cast anyway, some folks would stand up for their principles and not vote for either party. Would you rather vote for a candidate you don&#39;t believe in/agree with when there&#39;s another candidate on the ballot that you truly believe in? I was so very angry that Nader wasn&#39;t allowed on my ballot in 2004 -- essentially causing me to vote for the candidate that I hated least, not the candidate that I liked most. That isn&#39;t Freedom.

People are always talking about change, or how neither of the "Big 2" candidates are worth voting for, but will turn around and vote for the "lesser of evils". If Clinton manages to win the Democratic nomination, will Obama supporters not be voting for the "lesser of evils" election time *if* they still decide to even cast a vote? Or Vice Versa?

Oh, and long time no see folks!

gigglezk
02-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Does Ralph have an illness? Every time I see him on the news, he&#39;s got the shakes.

China
02-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Ijam4u, I agree. I think Nader will primarily net votes from people who wouldn&#39;t vote otherwise this election year. He was a non-issue in 2004, and I think there are enough anti-Bush/anti-"passionate conservative" voters out here to counteract Nader&#39;s support.

I&#39;m a registered Democrat, but that&#39;s due to lack of choices. We need more.

britni
02-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Does Ralph have an illness? Every time I see him on the news, he&#39;s got the shakes.
[/b]
I would guess old age. I didn&#39;t realize he was almost 74 until the reporters mentioned it. He looks pretty good to be that old. He looks younger than McCain and he&#39;s older than him. :unsure:

eta: I feel ya, ljam4u. Good point. Is it wrong to admit that I&#39;m biased and that&#39;s why I don&#39;t want him to run? :blush: I see where you&#39;re coming from though.
I&#39;m registered as Independent as well.

curlycoilyfroily
02-25-2008, 06:54 PM
People are always talking about change, or how neither of the "Big 2" candidates are worth voting for, but will turn around and vote for the "lesser of evils". If Clinton manages to win the Democratic nomination, will Obama supporters not be voting for the "lesser of evils" election time *if* they still decide to even cast a vote? Or Vice Versa?

Oh, and long time no see folks!
[/b]

jam! :D Good question. If Clinton wins the nomination and McCain and Ralph are left, it&#39;s unfortunate to say that my vote may go uncast altogether. I&#39;m registered as a Dem but I&#39;ll vote for whoever I damn well please (take that, Uncle Sam :P ). If my candidate didn&#39;t get the nom, I think I&#39;d feel a lot worse voting for somebody I don&#39;t want to be president vs. not voting at all. Hopefully it won&#39;t come to that...

I agree with China that we simply need more choices.

palmerz63
02-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Nadar is being asked to run to take that independent vote away from Obama -- I at first thought about the Clintons but then I remembered the rumors about him having ties to the Republicans. Thefriend of mines who was a law student went somewhere to see him and the cost was pretty high.

When she got to shake hands with him she mentioned the cost and that he should have it lowered so that his core supporters could see him and he told her "its not my problem". That was many, many years ago -- about 15 or so years ago, but she never thought of him the same way as she said it wasn&#39;t just what he said but how he said it.
[/b]
You mean he can take our votes away from us? :Angry: What is the use of voting. I am learning a lot about polities more this year than I have in my life. This is my second time voting. Four years ago I voted for the first time and lost and said I would never vote again. Is this what happen four years ago. I never heard of independent vote until this year.