PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Funiest , Wittiest Quotes

masoesa
02-27-2008, 04:47 PM
The first time I heard him on the Brian Lehrer show on NPR it struck me how incredibly witty he was and I hadn't even seen him yet. Now through this campaign when I listen to him I hear so many funny remarks on the most unexpected moments. I don't need to tell you that he is my guy so let's just do this.

A quote I just heard that made me roll:

Maccain said he will follow Alcaida to the gates of hell but all he did so far is just follow Gearge W. Bush into a misguided war in Irak that cost us 1000's of lives and billions of dollars ....

You tube link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q2pXElHV6FA)

There are many more, please add yours.

gigglezk
02-27-2008, 05:03 PM
You're likeable enough Hillary (my personal favorite)

On Cheney being related to him: I tell you he won't be at any of the family BBQs and won't be no hunting trips either.

From the Audacity of Hope in response to his high school basketball coach calling some Black kids n*ggers, but trying to assure Barack he wasn't one: There are white people and then there are some ignorant motherf**kers like you.

In response to Hillary bringing up his kindergarten papers: Wow, I wonder what they are going to say after they found my paper in 2nd grade saying I wanted to be a dog catcher.

Oh Barack, how I love thee :wub:

britni
02-27-2008, 05:08 PM
During last night&#39;s debate, Barack said he&#39;d give Hillary "points for delivery" after they showed the clip of her <strike>acting like an azz</strike> mocking Barack. :lol:

Wow, I wonder what they are going to say after they found my paper in 2nd grade saying I wanted to be a dog catcher. [/b] Awww. ^_^

It&#39;s funny any and everytime he brings up his relationship to Cheney. :lol:

GalaxyGirl2012
02-27-2008, 05:16 PM
was after the last debate where it was just him, hil and john. his parting words were something like :

this is an historic event in the history of the US. voters have the opportunity to choose between a female nominee, an african-american nominee, and..... (slapping edwards on the shoulder) John :lol:

curlycoilyfroily
02-27-2008, 05:21 PM
"It&#39;s been a great ride. But I know how quickly these fads can pass. You all remember the pet rock, the mood ring, Howard Dean."

BrnNappyGrl
02-27-2008, 05:25 PM
You&#39;re likeable enough Hillary (my personal favorite)

On Cheney being related to him: I tell you he won&#39;t be at any of the family BBQs and won&#39;t be no hunting trips either.

From the Audacity of Hope in response to his high school basketball coach calling some Black kids n*ggers, but trying to assure Barack he wasn&#39;t one: There are white people and then there are some ignorant motherf**kers like you.

Oh Barack, how I love thee :wub:
[/b]

"It&#39;s been a great ride. But I know how quickly these fads can pass. You all remember the pet rock, the mood ring, Howard Dean."
[/b]

Oh man. My head hurts now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

curlycoilyfroily
02-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Barack on The Daily Show (http://www.noob.us/humor/barack-obama-on-the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart/)

He so silly :blush: :D :wub:

was after the last debate where it was just him, hil and john. his parting words were something like :

this is an historic event in the history of the US. voters have the opportunity to choose between a female nominee, an african-american nominee, and..... (slapping edwards on the shoulder) John :lol:
[/b]

:lol: I like this thread.

GalaxyGirl2012
02-27-2008, 06:12 PM
i think at some point he challenged stephen colbert to a grit eating contest :lol:

britni
02-27-2008, 08:07 PM
That clip is funny!! He does have a great sense of humor. :D

Anyone else think its sexy how he bites his lower lip all the time? :ninj:

BrnNappyGrl
02-27-2008, 09:02 PM
That clip is funny!! He does have a great sense of humor. :D
Anyone else think its sexy how he bites his lower lip all the time? :ninj:
[/b]

Yes... yes it is sexy :ninj:

masoesa
02-27-2008, 09:33 PM
He is seriously funny. One of my other favorites was his response to Hillary saying he is all cattle but no hat. he was dead serious and just casually said: I admit some of them (meaning my speeches) were pretty good.

Justice
02-28-2008, 07:11 AM
This isn&#39;t really an Obama quote...he was repeating something his daughter said. I forgot which primary he had just won but he had just gotten on stage to do a speech. He said he asked his girls if they wanted to come up on stage and the oldest said "Daddy, you know that&#39;s not my thing." :P I thought that was so cute.

masoesa
02-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Yes, I like when he is quoting his children. Early on in an interview he was saying that he embarrassed his kids when he gave one of their friends a hand. She said Dad children don&#39;t give hands. So he answered: O I am sorry to embarrass you. She said that&#39;s ok.

missladee622
02-28-2008, 07:28 AM
At the rally on Friday--he was talking about having another Clinton in the White House, and he says...don&#39;t do ya&#39;ll-- don&#39;t fall for the "okey-doke". My homegirl and I were laughing so hard we almost cried. (It was even funnier to me, because I say this on a daily basis! :lol:

GO OBAMA!!!

[/b]

:lol: :lol:

I was all for Howard Dean too, until...that speech.

LBellatrix
02-28-2008, 11:06 AM
^^Aw c&#39;mon...all he did was yell a little...I don&#39;t see what the fuss was about... ;)

I&#39;m loving this thread too...we need a president who can make people laugh with him, not at him.

This is old (2005) but it&#39;s pretty funny. Scroll down to "Not My Job" and click Listen.

Barack Obama on NPR Show "Wait Wait Don&#39;t Tell Me" (http://www.npr.org/programs/waitwait/archrndwn/2005/aug/050806.waitwait.html)

LuaBonita
02-28-2008, 01:14 PM
the debate in california when asked about censoring tv (the way he said it was hilarious): you all know that i am a father. they may be young but they know how to work a remote

speech after winning a primary on feb 8th or 9th (forgot the state): we dont want another bush or cheny in the white house. ah cheny. one thing about genealogy tests is that you hope you are related to someone cool

have you guys seen the thing he did on letterman? http://youtube.com/watch?v=qJvF1x0S6sU
CLASSIC!

britni
02-28-2008, 02:29 PM
^^^^That was funny! I lol&#39;d when Dave turned around to stare at that pic of Mitt Romney by his desk. :lol:

masoesa
02-28-2008, 03:09 PM
About his name: They call me Alabama, yomama ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iODP5k4AKI&NR=1

masoesa
02-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Boxers or briefs: I don&#39;t answer those embarrassing questions but i look good in both.

curlycoilyfroily
02-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Yes... yes it is sexy :ninj:
[/b]

:yes: Is it a bad thing to be lusting over the future prez? :blush:

Hamira
02-29-2008, 12:07 PM
This is old (2005) but it&#39;s pretty funny. Scroll down to "Not My Job" and click Listen.

Barack Obama on NPR Show "Wait Wait Don&#39;t Tell Me" (http://www.npr.org/programs/waitwait/archrndwn/2005/aug/050806.waitwait.html)
[/b]

That was great, thanks for posting. He&#39;s so affable. Even the few people I know who don&#39;t agree w/ him politically like him as a person. Can&#39;t say the same for the other candidates.

masoesa
02-29-2008, 03:18 PM
^^Aw c&#39;mon...all he did was yell a little...I don&#39;t see what the fuss was about... ;)

[/b]
Great. This made my day. Thanks for sharing.

masoesa
03-26-2008, 03:39 PM
He&#39;s BACK!

On Economic policy that only give tax breaks to the wealthy:
George Bush called this policy Ownership society. What he meant was On Your Own Society. If you loose your job you are on your own etc.

Tell ya this guy is brilliant and funny.

sistasweetpea
03-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Boxers or briefs: I don&#39;t answer those embarrassing questions but i look good in both.
[/b]

:lol: :lol: I love this one