PDA

View Full Version : Letting It Hang Out....

aquababie19
02-28-2008, 06:05 AM
i'm on my second set of locs (5 months so far). i had my first set for almost 4 years. i did comb coils the first time. this time i'm doing two-strand twists.

i'll be happy to lend my help to anyone who wants it :)

Mirkat
03-02-2008, 06:40 PM
how did you wash your comb coils?

did you wait for the three weeks?

how bad was the unraveling?

how important is twisting in the beginning?

does it (twisting) really speed up the locing process as opposed to just leaving it alone?

TIA TIA TIA TIA TIA TIA TIA TIA!!!!!!!!!!

aquababie19
03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
how did you wash your comb coils?

for the first two months, the lady that started them washed them for me. she washed my hair as if i wasn't locing. she would wash and scrub. if any unraveled, she would redo those. when i started doing my own hair, i tried using a stocking cap to wash. i didn't care for it. it didn't seem to me to remove the dirt.

did you wait for the three weeks?

i washed my hair every two weeks. my scalp itched like crazy, so i had to wash.
how bad was the unraveling?

how important is twisting in the beginning?

to establish the look of your locs, it's the most important time. but if you're freeforming, not at all. you shouldn't overtwist. starting off, every two weeks is more than sufficient. also it depends on your personality. if you like really manicured locs, twisting will be more important to you. along my journey, i stepped away from twisting except for maybe twice a year.

does it (twisting) really speed up the locing process as opposed to just leaving it alone?

i twisted only once a month. it really didn't slow now or speed up my hair locing. in my opinion, it depends on texture. for example my bf and i started our locs within 2-3 days or each other this time. it's only been 5 months and i can say a majority of his hair is about loc'ed, especially the ones in the back. my hair can still unravel, his doesn't.

TIA TIA TIA TIA TIA TIA TIA TIA!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]

iandi
03-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Hey Aqua! Your loc history is almost identical to mine! I am starting my second set of locs. My first set (which I cut at 5+years) were started with comb coils, and I'm starting this new set with two-strand twists.
Have you noticed any difference(s) at all between the comb coil journey and the two-strand journey?

aquababie19
03-24-2008, 10:38 AM
dang i'm sorry i'm so late responding.

the only thing i can say is less unraveling. besides that, the journey's been about the same.