PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Challenge Motivation

GalaxyGirl2010
03-29-2003, 07:43 PM
Ok I don't know about the rest of you who said they do this is January, but I have been SLACKING :mad: this month!!!

I saw results in February and I guess I got a little cocky so I hardly went to the gym!! Luckily, I added the 6 meals a day that kept my metabolism high, so I still lost inches but of course it could have been more HAD I been going to the gym more than twice a week :mad:

I'm not mad about what I've lost, just MAD AT MYSELF because I have done this before, not only in weight loss but other things as well (ie seeing a LITTLE result and then assuming I can coast and gee low and behold I DON'T END UP REACHING MY GOALS!!! :twisted: )

So, I'm taking charge of this NOW! I don't want this year to be another broken resolution cuz that's getting tired :roll:

So, I'm turning into my OWN drill sargeant, buying a whistle and CRACKING THE WHIP!!!!!! :evil: No pain, no blue cult jeans!!

What are the rest of you doing to stay motivated??

cocoarose
03-29-2003, 11:18 PM
:lol: I feel your pain girl! I Did the same thing. I am just taking it one day at a time I find that when I project my goals all in one day I overwhelm myself. I am not saying I don't make long term goals I do..but I focus on that one day doing what I said I would do and then that tends to equal long term results. It also helps to have a partner or team to remind you. This works if you can find some with the same dedication as you. :)

GalaxyGirl2010
03-30-2003, 12:17 AM
:lol: I feel your pain girl! I Did the same thing. I am just taking it one day at a time I find that when I project my goals all in one day I overwhelm myself. I am not saying I don't make long term goals I do..but I focus on that one day doing what I said I would do and then that tends to equal long term results. It also helps to have a partner or team to remind you. This works if you can find some with the same dedication as you. :)

thanks cocoa :P all my workout partners have FALLEN OFF THE WAGON AND WON'T GET BACK ON :mad: :lol: ok so it's their decision, but what about me!! :shock:

i started getting focused again yesterday, but sheesh i have to cut the tendancy to be lazy :cry:

KristiK
03-30-2003, 08:04 AM
Girl, I feel ya. Well I make myself stare for like 5 minutes at the body I don't like every night. I wake up ready to be one step closer to getting rid of the jiggle. Also a pair of jeans I want to sport soo badly hangs front and center in my closet, freshly ironed and ready fo rme to get in them!

divajag
04-01-2003, 06:01 AM
Girl, I feel ya. Well I make myself stare for like 5 minutes at the body I don't like every night. I wake up ready to be one step closer to getting rid of the jiggle. Also a pair of jeans I want to sport soo badly hangs front and center in my closet, freshly ironed and ready fo rme to get in them!

I hear you on that girl. I have a size 10 dress that I can't wait to fit into this fall (I'm a 16-18 now). For now, I'm just going to have to content myself with watching me slide into clothes that I had to squeeze into previously. :) It's a hard road but for once, it's more important for me to wear mini-skirts than it is to eat at McDonalds.

divajag
04-01-2003, 06:02 AM

I hear you on that girl. I have a size 10 dress that I can't wait to fit into this fall (I'm a 16-18 now). For now, I'm just going to have to content myself with watching me slide into clothes that I had to squeeze into previously. :) It's a hard road but for once, it's more important for me to wear mini-skirts than it is to eat at McDonalds.