PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Here Nervous About Tomorrow Super Tuesday

palmerz63
03-03-2008, 09:33 AM
:Angry: I heard this morning on the news some people in Ohio were going to vote for him but not not becouse of them hearing about his relgion I think it is very wrong people want to believe something that might not even be true.

NappyMiami
03-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm nervous, but EXCITED altogether. I said this to a close friend of mine, and I'll say it here " NOT ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS". The wonderful thing about America is one of our governing principals "Religious Liberty" and that is the RIGHT to worship according to the dictates if ones conscience. If he was, is Muslim, so be it! I can't wrap my mind around why they feel that makes him a bad person. SMDH at the sterotypical veiws of the masses. I don't discredit his Americaness anymore than the Muslim Arabs that work at the cornerstore in my hood, giving credit to my family and placing much needed money back into my community.

Hopefully people won't fall for the okedoke and push for Obama.

gigglezk
03-03-2008, 09:44 AM
There is always going to be something that stops people from voting for a candidate based on one thing. From race to stance on issues to everything in between. Just as there will always be people who vote for a candidate based on one thing, for example my MIL voted for Bush because she thinks he's more religious than Kerry :huh:

I'm not worried about tomorrow. I feel that Barack has been running a good campaign. Hopefully, it'll be the knock out punch to Clinton. She may take Ohio, but he has Texas on lock.

GalaxyGirl2012
03-03-2008, 09:48 AM
not nervous because i'm looking forward to november. i've made my peace with Billary. there isn;t too much difference between her and obama policy wise (but lots of difference personality wise). i just dont want mccain to win in november, i'd be happy with billary but happier with obama.

ETA: tomorrow isn't super tuesday. That day already passed in mid-february

Camille98
03-03-2008, 09:50 AM
:Angry: I heard this morning on the news some people in Ohio were going to vote for him but not not becouse of them hearing about his relgion I think it is very wrong people want to believe something that might not even be true.
[/b]

Some people are just idiots. I happened to be in my office's breakroom this morning and the tv was tuned to MSNBC. A reporter was sitting with some Ohio people and asked them were they considering voting for Senator Obama. A guy spoke up and said that he was concerned about some thing that he had heard about him. The reporter asked what were those things. The guy was sort of mumbling, but I did hear him say that he had heard that Senator Obama did not read believe in the Bible in its entirety and that he wasn't a Christian. The reporter looks at him and says "You know that's not true right?" The look on the guy's face was priceless because I'm sure he felt like an idiot. His response was "well, that's just what I heard."

And, these are the people that are going to vote tomorrow in Ohio...

gigglezk
03-03-2008, 10:00 AM
not nervous because i'm looking forward to november. i've made my peace with Billary. there isn;t too much difference between her and obama policy wise (but lots of difference personality wise). i just dont want mccain to win in november, i'd be happy with billary but happier with obama.
[/b]

GET OFF THE BUS!!!!

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/740/obamabusrx6.jpg

:P

NappyMiami
03-03-2008, 10:01 AM
It's an excellent sign that www.barackobama.com is being OVERWEHLMED! The server is so slow I couldn't even log on to the site to check my messages! People are checking him out before the big day!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naturalsoul
03-03-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm quite nervous/excited as well. I'm almost getting weary of it all, and can't wait until November.

wannabenappy
03-03-2008, 10:59 AM
:Angry: I heard this morning on the news some people in Ohio were going to vote for him but not not because of them hearing about his religion I think it is very wrong people want to believe something that might not even be true.
[/b]

Nope...not nervous at all. I could care less if Clinton or Obama gets the nomination because whoever gets it is getting my vote because I refuse to vote for McCain. Clinton and Obama are very similar candidates with the exception of personality which I could care less about because it's not like me and Clinton/Obama are going to hang out anytime soon! Ideally I'd like to see someone who has a chance of beating McCain. I use to think Obama could but now I'm not sure. He definitely has a better chance than Clinton. I won't get nervous until November. I think it's a very good chance McCain could get the presidency. As for the religion thing I think those tactics are doing very little to slow down the Obama Express.

NappyMiami
03-03-2008, 11:05 AM
GET OFF THE BUS!!!!

[/b]

*DEAD* :lol:

GalaxyGirl2012
03-03-2008, 11:27 AM
GET OFF THE BUS!!!!

[/b]

:lol:

http://forums.seriouszone.com/images/smilies/protest.gif

masoesa
03-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I am nervous and exited. I am nervous because of the tricks that I know people/Clintons are capable of. I am exited because I have HOPE!

napturallyme
03-03-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm not nervous. Just anxious for Hillary to get slapped in the face again :lol:

I'm pretty confident he will win 3 states and a close loss in OH. I still believe Hil will be too far in delegates to catch up.

ETA: IA agree the only difference between Hillary and Barack are their personalities. In the past, I was ok if she won the nomination, but throughout the campaign I changed my mind about her. I don't like how she campaigns and personality irritates me. However, I much prefer her over McCain. I'm afraid though there is no chance in her beating him because the dislike for her by white men is soooo strong.

snicy
03-03-2008, 04:59 PM
I'll be honest, I'm a bit nervous. He's having a bit of bad luck with that whole memo thing, not to mention Rezko (did I spell that correctly?). I hope he wins and just knocks Billary out the box because she is a certified witch.

She was in a press conference today and she said (not an exact quote) "I have years of experience, Senator McCain has years of experience, Senator Obama gave a speech in 2002." She's so damn nasty. Not for nothing, but both Clinton and President Obama are Dems, don't you think she'd hold back a little so that the Republicans don't have material to use against him when he gets the nomination??

curlycoilyfroily
03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm not nervous. Just anxious for Hillary to get slapped in the face again :lol:
[/b]

:yes: I wish I could stay at home just so I can watch it unfold...

She was in a press conference today and she said (not an exact quote) "I have years of experience, Senator McCain has years of experience, Senator Obama gave a speech in 2002." She's so damn nasty. Not for nothing, but both Clinton and President Obama are Dems, don't you think she'd hold back a little so that the Republicans don't have material to use against him when he gets the nomination??
[/b]

There she goes with that mythical experience again.... :rolleyes: I don't think Hillary really gives a damn about the party. I think now she is just trying to prove to the naysayers (not necessarily the voters) that she's a worthy candidate, and that might even mean setting Obama and the party up for a backlash if she doesn't win the nomination.

Serbbral
03-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Like I said in the other thread, I'm with the person who said she was nervous. I was a little nervous before, but I'm even more nervous now that he's being questioned on the Rezko and the Canadian thing. The muslim thing did not bother me as much, but these last two things. I'onno. I digress, I knew that they were going to pull out all the stops before this election. It was ok when all that silly stuff was being bought out, but this is more serious. Well, the Canadian official did apologize. I guess that helps a little.

BrnNappyGrl
03-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Like I said in the other thread, I'm with the person who said she was nervous. I was a little nervous before, but I'm even more nervous now that he's being questioned on the Rezko and the Canadian thing. The muslim thing did not bother me as much, but these last two things. I'onno. I digress, I knew that they were going to pull out all the stops before this election. It was ok when all that silly stuff was being bought out, but this is more serious. Well, the Canadian official did apologize. I guess that helps a little.
[/b]

I'm more concerned about the Rezko matter, but not really. They are trying to use Barack's business dealings with Rezko in addition to his campaign contributions (which had been given to charities the last I heard) to mar his campaign in whatever way they can, but in the end it's going to backfire just like the picture, the memo, the Michelle Attacks, and everything else they have thrown at him.

I just want January to hurry up and get here so we can turn DC out with the Inaugural Balls, 'cause you know there's gonna be some Prince, Parliament Funkadelic, ConFunkShun, E,W&F... in other words, it's gonna be a jam up in that piece!

Napia Mia
03-03-2008, 10:56 PM
:yes: I wish I could stay at home just so I can watch it unfold...
[/b]
I'll be home tomorrow but I'm too nervous to watch anything but the news after the polls close. I mean seriously, my heart starts to race every time I think about Tuesday. :(

Wake me when it's over.... :unsure:

deecoily
03-04-2008, 03:46 AM
"I have years of experience, Senator McCain has years of experience, Senator Obama gave a speech in 2002." [/b]
So she thinks mccain will make a better pres than Obama. This woman will do anything. COW.

curlycoilyfroily
03-04-2008, 04:38 AM
I just want January to hurry up and get here so we can turn DC out with the Inaugural Balls, 'cause you know there's gonna be some Prince, Parliament Funkadelic, ConFunkShun, E,W&F... in other words, it's gonna be a jam up in that piece!
[/b]

:Cool_049: Wouldn't it be hot if he added some Kenyan flava to his inaugural festivities? The Motherland on Capitol Hill!!!!

Beautifully Human
03-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Not really nervous just excited. :)

:lol: @ Dee's Cow remark.

She is a cow though for making that statement. I&#39;m like are you serious? Way to support the Dem party fool <_<

carboncopysue
03-04-2008, 07:33 AM
I’m voting after work today. I’m nervous because I was with my aunts on Saturday and they were saying all this junk all day:

-Obama’s switched from being a Republican
-Obama’s paid by the Rebuplicans
-Obama’s endorsed by the KKK
-Obama’s all talk
-Obama’s an oreo, Bill’s the real first black president
-If you vote for Hillary, you get Bill
-Hillary was really running the White House

:rolleyes: Was I getting a summary of all the Hillary commercials or what? All I needed was Obama&#39;s a secret Muslim (no offense to Muslims) and I would get the Hillary Election 08 arsenal. :rolleyes:

My mom and I were the only ones who were supportive of Obama. My mom said to me afterwards “It’s a shame that black people finally have a chance to get a black president, and people like your aunts make excuses not to vote for him. They should be happy to vote for him”. Oh well, maybe I can get 4 more people to vote Obama (I have 6 aunts, so it’s 6-2 right now lol)

Sue.

naturalsoul
03-04-2008, 07:56 AM
It’s a shame that black people finally have a chance to get a black president, and people like your aunts make excuses not to vote for him. They should be happy to vote for him”.[/b]

It&#39;s true. I&#39;m shocked about this as well. I always hear complaints about there never being a black president, and now that it&#39;s in our reach, people are changing their tune. People can vote for who they want to vote for, but their endless excuses are ridiculous.

mehogeni
03-04-2008, 08:06 AM
WELL...normally I would be nervous if this "mini" super tuesday actually was gonna make Hillary have some huge lead over Obama...Hillary is gonna have to have landslides in all 4 states to even overcome him in delegate counts...I mean she always talks about "ill come back if I win in Ohio and Texas" but how can you inspire a country when your candidate has won more states and delegate counts than you??...unless she wants the same type of "loyal" presidency George Bush had when people didnt even think he won to begin with.... she honestly needs tp hang it up regardless if she wins both

kurliehead
03-04-2008, 08:07 AM
I’m voting after work today. I’m nervous because I was with my aunts on Saturday and they were saying all this junk all day:

-Obama’s all talk

:rolleyes: Was I getting a summary of all the Hillary commercials or what? All I needed was Obama&#39;s a secret Muslim (no offense to Muslims) and I would get the Hillary Election 08 arsenal. :rolleyes:
My mom and I were the only ones who were supportive of Obama. My mom said to me afterwards “It’s a shame that black people finally have a chance to get a black president, and people like your aunts make excuses not to vote for him. They should be happy to vote for him”. Oh well, maybe I can get 4 more people to vote Obama (I have 6 aunts, so it’s 6-2 right now lol)

Sue.
[/b]

Sad, but true. Black folks have always said there’s no way a Black man can be President, a Black man can’t do this, and a Black man can’t be that; “they” won’t let it happen. But now that the time is here, we have a chance at having a Black President; instead of supporting him we turn into crabs in a barrel.

Why can’t we support him and point to him and tell our children, “see baby this is what you can do, this is who you can be.”

nvsnot
03-04-2008, 08:11 AM
I&#39;m nervous. I&#39;m so excited about the prospect of having a black president that the though of being disappointed b/c America ends up falling for the okie doke is really scary. If Barack does not become the nominee my faith in Americans will be lost. I relate well to what Michelle has been criticized for saying publicly about feeling proud to be an American for the first time in her/my life. Perhaps i&#39;m taking this too personal, but it will be another slap in the face for Black America that has and continues to contribute so much to this society...Barack loosing will confirm to me that no matter how much ground we make we are still invisible in the eyes of America.

Also, i&#39;m disheartened by the media trying to create a huge wedge between blacks and latinos. It breaks my heart to hear Latino&#39;s say that we, as a race, have never done anything to support them. Don&#39;t they realize that the civil rights movement has benefitted them as well. The same for women...don&#39;t we realize that the civil rights movement benefitted all women regardless of color. I want so badly to witness the first black president in my lifetime. If not him, who? If not now, when?

GurlwithCurls
03-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Yo, I&#39;m pretty nervous about tonight. I know Obama will do well with the delegate math but if Hil wins even one state she will. not. go. away.

She is working hard to eff ish up for Obama and give McCain ammunition so that she can be in the drivers&#39; seat again in 2012. She thinks its her divine right to be Prez. She doesn&#39;t give a rat&#39;s behind about the party, just her own ambition. This is all about her. I hope people seriously come out against her and she gets pressured by party insiders who publicly switch support.

I agree that her "35 years of experience" is total bull ish! :Angry: 35 years of experience in scandals maybe! I don&#39;t care if she was a formidable and respectable first lady. That was not an elected office. She didn&#39;t have to make ANY decisions (save for healthcare, which she botched) so its beyond ridiculous for her to try to act like her husband&#39;s years in office were a co-presidency. She&#39;s essentially got 4 extra Senate years on Obama. THAT&#39;S IT. If she somehow wins the nom, she&#39;ll have to come up with a new tagline because McCain will laugh at her assertions that she can match his actual 20 years of elected public service.

Her recent attacks on Obama have truly disgusted me. It&#39;s as if Bush and the Rethugs came up with those ads.

I am actually considering staying home on election day in November if she somehow becomes the nominee. I am starting to seriously hate her.

nvsnot
03-04-2008, 09:08 AM
I agree that her "35 years of experience" is total bull ish! :Angry: 35 years of experience in scandals maybe! I don&#39;t care if she was a formidable and respectable first lady. That was not an elected office. She didn&#39;t have to make ANY decisions (save for healthcare, which she botched) so its beyond ridiculous for her to try to act like her husband&#39;s years in office were a co-presidency. She&#39;s essentially got 4 extra Senate years on Obama. THAT&#39;S IT. If she somehow wins the nom, she&#39;ll have to come up with a new tagline because McCain will laugh at her assertions that she can match his actual 20 years of elected public service.

Her recent attacks on Obama have truly disgusted me. It&#39;s as if Bush and the Rethugs came up with those ads.

I am actually considering staying home on election day in November if she somehow becomes the nominee. I am starting to seriously hate her.
[/b]

I feel the same about hating her, but if she does become the nominee we have to back her to keep the republicans out of office. I just wonder how her supporters can get behind a candidate such as Hillary when she is clearly in it to win it for her ego and not the people.

tpace
03-04-2008, 09:11 AM

-Obama’s all talk

Sue.
[/b]

I have a friend who is from Nigeria and she made an excellent comment. She stated "only in America can a black man run for President, so I don&#39;t understand why every black person who can vote may not vote for Obama." I don&#39;t think many of us realize just how special this event is...it&#39;s making history and I find it sad that many of our own people don&#39;t or won&#39;t realize this. I am nervous and excited I&#39;m rooting for Obama all the way.

napturallyme
03-04-2008, 09:37 AM
I feel the same about hating her, but if she does become the nominee we have to back her to keep the republicans out of office. I just wonder how her supporters can get behind a candidate such as Hillary when she is clearly in it to win it for her ego and not the people.
[/b]

This is what I&#39;m struggling with. I know I need to vote for her if she wins to keep McCain out, but consciously, not sure I can. I don&#39;t like her tactics and her ego is so HUGE. She thinks she&#39;s entitled to the seat because she married Bill. I really despise her.

NappyMiami
03-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I think it&#39;s moreso they should vote for him because of what he stands for and what he&#39;s about. While it&#39;s great that he&#39;s black, it takes much more than that to get my vote. I actually liked John Edwards as well before he dropped out and was hoping he would make it. However, the more I learned about Obama, the more I fell in love with him. :wub: He WILL make a great leader and history.

Sometimes I think about the HUGE risk he has taken despite having his life threatened since the Dem Con in 2004. It shows just how courageous he is! That&#39;s honerable and brave!

OBAMA 08&#39;

Serbbral
03-04-2008, 10:57 AM
This is what I&#39;m struggling with. I know I need to vote for her if she wins to keep McCain out, but consciously, not sure I can. I don&#39;t like her tactics and her ego is so HUGE. She thinks she&#39;s entitled to the seat because she married Bill. I really despise her.
[/b]

Ironically, that&#39;s why a lot of black people (and hispanics) are voting for her. A friend and I were discussing this the other day and I told her I voted for Obama and she said she voted for Hillary, because her husband was &#39;such a good president&#39; and the economy was good while he was in office, and her experience.

BrnNappyGrl
03-04-2008, 11:01 AM
[/b]

I think this is what I&#39;m struggling with as well. After seeing just how low this woman is willing to stoop, how she becomes defensive when asked perfectly innocuous questions and how she&#39;s basically set women back 100 years with her Scarlett O&#39;Hara "poor little ole me, boo hoo hoo" routine, how can I vote for this woman in good conscience?

Quick answer, I can&#39;t. I&#39;d write in Barack Obama&#39;s name before I would vote for HillBilly.

Ironically, that&#39;s why a lot of black people (and hispanics) are voting for her. A friend and I were discussing this the other day and I told her I voted for Obama and she said she voted for Hillary, because her husband was &#39;such a good president&#39; and the economy was good while he was in office, and her experience.
[/b]

If I hear one more person say this ignant mess, I&#39;m going to scream! <_<

Her husband is not her, D*mn it! Hillary is not Bill! He will essentially be the First Husband, and while he can offer advice on issues, Hill doesn&#39;t exactly strike me as the type of woman who&#39;s going to allow any man to tell her what to do.

UGH!!! <_< :Angry:

deecoily
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
My family (Rhode Island) is split for the first time. 6 in the fam, 2 Billaries and 4 Obamamites.

The Billaries think Obama has skeletons in the closet that the Reps would dig up and fillet him with in November. Seems the Clinton Machine is obviously saving McCain the trouble.

The Obamamites say they are sick of the Clintons and Obama offers a genuine positive change from Washington politics of the past 20 years.

Basically, it comes down to the Billaries in my fam are scared of what they don&#39;t know about Obama. The Obamacans in my fam are scared of what they know about Billary.

taniseka
03-04-2008, 03:11 PM
[/b]

This is a real problem. There was some poll done recently that found Clinton supporters would be more likely to support Obama if he is the nominee than Obama supporters would be to support Clinton if she was the nominee. I couldn&#39;t word that correctly but I hope you got that. Yall make sure Obama gets the nomination otherwise McCain could really win this thing come November.

nvsnot
03-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Barack has won Vermont!

taniseka
03-04-2008, 03:22 PM
woot woot!

tenachie
03-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Non-american living in america putting in her two cents:

if democrats are to take the white house, then obama is the best bet. clinton CANNOT win over mccain. Obama maybe. and I say this as someone who would love for her alma mater to boast the first female president of the US as an alum!

I dont mind mccain so much (except for the stance on iraq) but i agree it&#39;s time for a change.

missmackaroni
03-04-2008, 03:49 PM
I&#39;m sorry...I don&#39;t want to come off as ignorant in any way but if Hillary wins the nomination, my azz is staying HOME in November. I would no longer feel excited about the election and I&#39;ll feel that I&#39;m voting for the "lesser of two evils" like I have always felt since I started voting. I just don&#39;t feel that she really want to be President to help the people. I think she&#39;s doing this all for herself. The way she attacks Obama is ridiculous and shows that she does not give a damn about her party. The fact that she continues to attack him shows that she wants to give McCain the election. She way too bipartisan and I feel like everyone hates her and she would only seperate America even more. I don&#39;t understand how she still has supporters forreal after all the dumb ish she&#39;s been saying.

napturallyme
03-04-2008, 03:55 PM
I just tuned into CNN, pretty much will be tuned in until I go to bed. No suprise he won Vermont. GO OBAMA!!! Only state I&#39;m worried about is OH

deecoily
03-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Looks like Billary is winning Ohio... guess there&#39;s a lot of negative folk in Ohio. Or a lot of republicans voting for her.

Keep hope alive for Texas. But Texas is full of Hillatinos.

Even if she wins ONE state, she will stay in there and continue her attack campain that is working so effectively against Obama.

BrnNappyGrl
03-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Even if she wins Ohio, if he takes the other three, he&#39;d be the real winner of the evening since Texas has the most delegates up for grabs.

China
03-04-2008, 06:06 PM
She has RI, which she was expected to win.

If she wins the nomination, I don&#39;t think I could vote for her without feeling like I punked myself. I would rather write in Obama or vote for some Independent candidate. I think it&#39;s time for more choices. As long as we continue to vote for the "lesser of two evils", the longer we will be limited in our options.

aquababie19
03-04-2008, 06:33 PM
my line sister lives in grand prairie, tx and is at the causus. she&#39;s emailing me and tell me that the lines are LONG! she&#39;s been there about an hour or so now.

deecoily
03-04-2008, 06:40 PM
aqua I just saw some footage of the caucases in TX. WOWEEE.

I think it&#39;s going to be a long night. They are neck and neck in TX, Ohio&#39;s looking like a Clinton state.

Vermont also voted to impeach Bush and Cheney. I want to move to Vermont.

erinm
03-04-2008, 06:43 PM
I was caucusing in Texas, and we were there for two hours. I thought we were going to be in at 7:15, and home by 7:45. :icon_headshake: It seemed like the people in my precinct were leaning slightly toward Obama, but the split was pretty even. Of course, I think everyone was surprised that there were that many dems in this precinct period. We had to send out for extra forms.

gigglezk
03-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Dee, you have to remember that only the rural parts of Ohio are reporting right now. Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton (the larger urban areas) haven&#39;t reported yet. But I would not be surprised if she won it.