PDA

View Full Version : Hilary Insults Mississippi

honeybunch2k5
03-06-2008, 05:41 AM
So today I get my newspaper, and there's Slick Hillie on the front page. Apparently, she doesn't believe MS can or ever has voted for a female governor, mayor, Senator,or anything. I guess we don't have to vote for a female president either. :rolleyes:

I couldn't find the story on my paper's site, but I found an article. Apparently, this is old news and my paper is behind (or strategically reporting this around election time :icon_eek13: ), but I'll say I couldn't imagine Obama saying anything like that.

Clinton's Mississippi put-down singes magnolias
by Jill Zuckman

When Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) suggested that Mississippi is the lowest of the low when it comes to state-by-state comparisons, she may have bruised some feelings there.

In an interview with the Des Moines Register’s David Yepsen today, she said she was surprised that Iowa, like Mississippi, had never elected a woman governor, senator or member of Congress.

"I was shocked when I learned Iowa and Mississippi have never elected a woman governor, senator or member of Congress. There has got to be something at work here," she said.

“How can Iowa be ranked with Mississippi?" she asked, suggesting that Iowa is too good for that. "That's not the quality. That's not the communitarianism, that's not the openness I see in Iowa."

How do the politicos in Mississippi feel about what she had to say?

“Our official comment is, we decline to comment,’’ said Terry Cassreino, spokesman for the Mississippi Democratic Party.

The state Republican chairman, however, was not nearly as reticent.

“I think that her statements about Mississippi are probably an acknowledgement that she has no chance of carrying this state in a general election,’’ said Jim Herring, the Republican chairman.

Herring was echoing a common refrain from the John Edwards’ campaign - that Clinton would not do well in the South in November of 2008. Of course, few Democratic candidates for president have performed well in Mississippi in recent history. In 2004, President Bush beat Sen. John Kerry by 20 percentage points.

And Herring pointed out that Mississippi currently employs a woman lieutenant governor, Amy Tuck. Tuck, who is the second woman to serve as Mississippi’s lieutenant governor, has held that office since she was first elected as a Democrat in 1999 before changing parties.

“I don’t know if she doesn’t think that’s not a high-ranking office, but it’s the second highest-ranking office in Mississippi,’’ he said.

Herring wouldn’t say that the Republican nominee for president would win the state of Mississippi no matter what. But he seems to be looking forward to the possibility of having Clinton as the Democratic nominee.

“No one should take anything for granted, but Hillary Clinton is of course from the left wing of the Democrat party and I think Republicans in Mississippi will be very energized if she’s the nominee,’’ he said.[/b]

It's old news, yet I will still roll my eyes. :rolleyes:

kurliehead
03-06-2008, 05:47 AM
She&#39;s just laying the groundwork for her list of excuses to give when asked why she didn&#39;t win Mississippi. :rolleyes: When she gets spanked in the primary she can say she lost because you&#39;re a bunch of chauvanistic pigs. :lol: Iyatch <_<

Camille98
03-06-2008, 05:54 AM
Here&#39;s the Mississippi paper article

http://www.sunherald.com/278/story/414671.html

and here&#39;s another blog about this from 2007, it appears to be right after the comment was made

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmart...i_comments.html (http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1007/Hillarys_Mississippi_comments.html)

Camille98
03-06-2008, 06:13 AM
She&#39;s just laying the groundwork for her list of excuses to give when asked why she didn&#39;t win Mississippi. :rolleyes: When she gets spanked in the primary she can say she lost because you&#39;re a bunch of chauvanistic pigs. :lol: Iyatch <_<
[/b]

Since she made the comment at least sometime before November of last year, I&#39;m going to venture and say that those comments are how she really feels about Mississippi and that she didn&#39;t think that she would have to worry about Mississippi at this point. As has been pointed out before, she probably thought that after Super Tuesday that it would basically be a wrap for her. So, she wouldn&#39;t have to worry about campaigning there, although she obviously doesn&#39;t know what she&#39;s talking about.

honeybunch2k5
03-06-2008, 06:18 AM
Here&#39;s the Mississippi paper article

http://www.sunherald.com/278/story/414671.html

and here&#39;s another blog about this from 2007, it appears to be right after the comment was made

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmart...i_comments.html (http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1007/Hillarys_Mississippi_comments.html)
[/b]
Oh there it is guess I didn&#39;t look enough lol

browneyez06
03-06-2008, 09:15 AM
If Obama doesn&#39;t exploit this to the fullest, he really is a softy. He&#39;s needs to get thing popping quick!

He needs to exploit her so called 35 years of experience and tell her to run those taxes way before April 15th.

BrnNappyGrl
03-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Actually if the tax info has lots of terrible stuff in it, it&#39;s better for it to come out 1-2 days before the PA primary. That way it can be continuously on the news right before people vote. If it comes out too soon she will ty to spin it and do damage control.
[/b]

Anais, you stay on your political game. :wub:

Those taxes should come out at most 2 days before Pennsylvania. Slick Illy couldn&#39;t do enough damage control to stem the tide of voters looking at her like swamp trash and Baracking the Vote. I :wub: it!!!

napturallyme
03-06-2008, 06:10 PM
[/b]

Exactly! She already knows it&#39;s going to Barack, so once again she has to give an excuse other than people actuallly thinking Barack would better at the job.

She is so sickening

aquababie19
03-06-2008, 06:48 PM
she never expected she would have to come here and actually campaign. she is here tonight in canton at a democratic fundraiser. BLAH!

now for the good news...OBAMA IS COMING!!! he will be here sometime monday before our primary. i plan on trying to go now and do come canvassing this weekend.