PDA

View Full Version : Hair Balls Fell Off After Shampooing

janelporter
03-06-2008, 06:33 PM
hello all--got a question. i washed/retwisted my hair last night after a really HORRENDOUS case of the itchies (i think all the dust settlig in/on my hair after cleaning out and sweeping the store stockroom caused the itchies because my hair was definitely NOT dirty!). i noticed that several little balls of hair either came out as i rinsed my hair or as i twisted my hair. i've read that these balls are a sign of the loc starting to "come together" and locing/sealing. does this mean that those coils/locs are going to have to start from scratch? man, what a bummer! i didn't even know that i had them until i saw them in the sink!!... hugs and peace, janel YEAH FOR THE HAIR BALLS; MY HAIR IS BEGINNING TO LOC!!!

KimGrayer
03-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Hair balls are a good thing. It means your ends are starting to seal up which is what you want. You are on your way! To keep it moving in the right direction, make sure you moisturize regularly with water. I wet my hair every day (dampen by running my wet fingers through my hair) and nightly by standing under the shower to give them a good soaking. For me it is speeding up the process and I like the way it feels.

janelporter
03-07-2008, 04:15 PM
does this mean that those coils/locs are going to have to start from scratch? man, what a bummer! i didn't even know that i had them until i saw them in the sink!!... hugs and peace, janel YEAH FOR THE HAIR BALLS; MY HAIR IS BEGINNING TO LOC!!!
[/quote]

Hair balls are a good thing. It means your ends are starting to seal up which is what you want. You are on your way!

hey lovindem40s: thanks for the response but you didn't answer my question: will the coils/locs that lost their hair balls have to start the locing process from scratch to reseal? by the way, i am using a water based spritz on my hair everyday, at least once a day, sometimes twice, depending on how dry my hair feels. i am SOOOOO excited!!! hugs and peace, janel (in really snowy louisville, ky!)

PrincessDrRe
03-08-2008, 02:26 PM
The hair balls are a good sign. You're doin' fine....

OneShySistah
03-11-2008, 07:06 AM
This happens to me, too. I'm worried about the same thing.