PDA

View Full Version : House Plant Trouble

NappsGalore
04-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Is anyone here good at reviviing house plants? I have a peace lily that I bought last summer. It was beautiful, even without flowers through the Cleveland winter, until a few weeks ago. I water it regularly, and it sits in the sun during the day. 90% of the leaves however are green, but drooped over, and won't rise in response to water or sunlight. I even add liquid miracle grow to the water. What could be the problem? I want it to perk up and be ready to bloom this summer.

Poetic_Butterfly
04-10-2008, 11:00 PM
I am not really an expert on house plants :unsure: but I would check the soil and perhaps if the weather is nice put your plant on the porch so that it can recieve direct sunlight. I think that I would Google the type of plant that you have, and find out what would revive it this spring! :)

Peace,
Rasta

Lockolatte
04-10-2008, 11:08 PM
It might be root bound. Have you repotted it?

I think that might be what is wrong with my ponytail palm. It is on it last leg all of a sudden.

newmoe1
04-10-2008, 11:37 PM
could it be water logged does the extra water have a way to get out like hole in the pot

did you just move it to the sun if so a plant that has been in the shade can have a bad reaction it places in direct sun light it has to be done gradually (as me how i know)

that all i got

tlwnurse
04-11-2008, 04:11 PM
If you moved it into a new place, maybe it's too much direct light. Some house plants are really tropical plants and in their natural habitat would recieve diffused light.

Cheleigh
04-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I've been checking out gardenweb to help me with my two ailing year old peace lilies. One problem I had was that I fertilized them, which is apparently a no-no. Additionally, the plants weren't getting proper drainage (they were in a wooden decorative pot that doesn't allow good drainage). So for the past two days I've been keeping them on the porch. I also watered them very well and allowed them to fully drain outside. They've perked up. I'm going to groom them and check out other tips to help.

NappsGalore
04-20-2008, 09:30 PM
I just repotted the Lily into a large pot. The soil from the peace lily was very wet. I think the pot it was in didn't let it drain as well as it needed. Hopefully it will perk up . I did read that they don't need direct sunlight and they enjoy a humid environment , so misting them with a spray bottle helps. I'll take pics of now and later (if there is a later to speak of)