PDA

View Full Version : Cheesy Fevah

Medusa Negrita
03-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Curious, how many pictures total do you have in your HAIR album. I know some people have pics of fam, naptural inspirations, NP meetings, image storage and other stuff, but just your HAIR album - how many pictures total do you have there?

I normally don't go the photo album section but a few albums were linked here in another thread and a couple I visited and surprised to note that some have a HELLUVA lot pictures in their album. On person had over 60 pictures in her HAIR ALBUM alone, and to top it off - the pictures weren't over a period of years or months showing a progression of length of styles, it all the pictures were done in like 1 or 2 months! Styles didn't vary much at all - up, down, hanging, bun, wild, twist updo, twist hanging, twist out - in total it was about 7 styles from every angle (about 5 different angles) some in different forms of lighting or camera brightness. A lot of the pictures seemed a tad bit redundant.... I mean you see one picture of one style, and then another picture of the same style at about 20 degree different angle.

I was speaking with a member on IM and we were talking about some members albums, and how some seem to want you to leave a comment on every picture and in every album, some even pm's saying "look at my album and comment!" With there being a helluva lot of albums on here to look at, what do you think about the sheer number of pictures in some albums? What do you think is a good number of pictures in album in any given month or stage of development and growth? Do you think some albums have too many pictures or are they redundant? Are some folks just cheesy happy or what?

Happy2BNappy
03-30-2004, 11:18 AM
So ummm...where's YOUR album showing folks how it should be done?

Sunchild
03-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Happy2BNappy@Mar 30 2004, 07:18 AM
:lol

I didnt know there was a standard manual on how to set up an album. Each album is personal and reflective of the person who compiled it. There is no wrong or right way. Some people are shy, others want everybody and their mother to view it.

So whats the problem?

Siennasilk
03-30-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm DEFINITELY guilty of having pictures galor in my album... 8) I don't think the number of pics a member wants to post really matters all that much. If someone doesn't want to see them, they could just close the window. But I think there are many more people (especially us newbies) on this site who enjoy all the natural hair pics and style angles. Women who have been natural for several years may just be a bit bored with these staple styles they've done over and over.

thunderstorm
03-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Happy2BNappy@Mar 30 2004, 11:18 AM
:app

naturalay
03-30-2004, 01:56 PM
:app

uzuri
03-30-2004, 02:10 PM
I have the maximum pics I´m allowed for free at fotki and would not pay to have more....no way... :smug
I also don´t mind at all when nappturals have many pics...Preferably of their napps...I enjoy the albums a lot! That was the one thing that kept me strong when I was transitioning....And I get inspired to try the styles I like...I also love the albums that have details so we can continue learning....I think I have probably been to all of them..Well almost... :razz
I don´t hope nappturals will feel restricted by this thread as to how many pics they should have...It´s their choice...Those who don´t like don´t have to look them up.... :duck :lol

MyReality
03-30-2004, 02:16 PM
:pop :tiptoe

tran68
03-30-2004, 02:55 PM
r u talkin bout me Willis???? :-P :tiptoe

I don't know how many pics I have, I know it was a lot that first year and I only wore the fro so it is rather redundant but I was and still am in love with my "non-styled" hair, plus I like looking at my face and my smile, what can I say?? :rainfro

Afrocentric
03-30-2004, 02:58 PM
i's guilty massa!! :cry:

Natural-Tee
03-30-2004, 03:02 PM
I have the maximum number for the free membership. I am guilty of putting in pics of different angles but hey, it looks different on each side. I also change my style every week and I remember how much inspiration I got when I was a newbie so I say the more pics the better!

pookeylou
03-30-2004, 03:23 PM
I dont think I have a LOT :-) of pics.

I dont put more than 4 or 5 pics of the same style...you know front shot, back shot, left shot, right shot...maybe top shot.

And because I am "style challenged" my album does not have a LOT of variety.

Being a newbie...I do take pics once a month to show my progress. I made up that rule on my own...didnt see it anywhere.

Keepitnatural
03-30-2004, 03:30 PM
I have kept my pic number to a minimum, I will add more as my hair grows to do more styles, I think I will just do an every 6 month update to spread things out a little. I definately don't want a reduant pic album.

Laquita
03-30-2004, 03:31 PM
I have a lot of pictures in my hair album way over the highest number on the poll come to think of it probably even more than double of the highest number on the poll :rainfro

I'm a hair album junkie :-cre and my album reflects that. I also like when people add pictures of their pets, art work etc...My motto is the more the better, the albums get me through those boring days at work :thumbsup

pookeylou
03-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Laquita@Mar 30 2004, 11:31 AM
I have a lot of pictures in my hair album way over the highest number on the poll come to think of it probably even more than double of the highest number on the poll :rainfro

I'm a hair album junkie :-cre and my album reflects that. I also like when people add pictures of their pets, art work etc...My motto is the more the better, the albums get me through those boring days at work :thumbsup
:offtopic Girl...you have got some BRAIDING SKILZ!!!!

Dannnnnnnggggg! Beautiful!

...ok...and now back to our regularly scheduled program already in session.

napturallyme
03-30-2004, 03:51 PM
I have tons of pictures that exist from before I was natural to now. I don't believe in putting limits on what others should do with THEIR OWN albums. The albums with the option to comment are nice because you can ask the person a question directly under the picture or show them your support and encouragement.

ETA: I don't take as many pictures of my hair now unless I'm doing a new style or I want to make a growth comparison of the same style. So, I only update about once a month now. I'm not as camera happy about my hair anymore, lol.

NappyGoddesse
03-30-2004, 06:19 PM
I think the albums are great! I'm always in the WOW section, and if I'm short on time I close the album and continue at a later time...

...maybe we should find something else to nit-pick about and leave the albums alone :rolling - those are the main source of inspiration for members who need it. Nappturality is quite popular for the album section of the site. If you don't need it, let it be! And if you don't want to leave a comment, don't, but let's be consciencous of those who enjoy looking at hundreds of different pictures, and those who like to leave comments. Let's be aware that there are newbies on this site who need the inspiration and the visuals!

For those of you who love taking and posting pics, keep up the good work; you're looking great, ladies! :thumbsup

Melanizm
03-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Happy2BNappy@Mar 30 2004, 11:18 AM
exactly... :app

why do people want to police everybody's business but THEIR OWN? Get ya album weight up, not ya hate up lol

gimme a break

oh and I have about 23356463476567 pics in my album and if my camera wasn't out of commision right now i'd have bout 2345364356457654645645555555555556656565 more

:rolling :smug

MissLisa
03-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Mane, who gives a dayum? Seriously, let these people do their thug thizzle nappy pic thang and leave it at that. Ain't nothing wrong with feeling yourself and your hair.

To be perfectly honest, I became quite fascinated with my own face and hair after I did the chop. It was almost as if I hadn't seen myself in years. Everyday I'm in the mirror reaffirming that I'm curte as hayle! :lol Now I don't have a lot of pics in my Fotki album b/c I don't vary styles very often at this stage, but please believe that my other photo gallery has pics galore for no apparent reason other than I enjoy looking at my face/hair/eyes/etc. and I'm sure others do too! 8)

A lil narcissism is good for the soul. :thumbsup

LadyThoms
03-30-2004, 06:48 PM
the more, the better. i love to see other napps' hair. if not for the albums, i wouldn't be here.

natitwists
03-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Melanizm+Mar 30 2004, 12:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Melanizm @ Mar 30 2004, 12:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Happy2BNappy@Mar 30 2004, 11:18 AM
So ummm...where&#39;s YOUR album showing folks how it should be done?
exactly... :app

why do people want to police everybody&#39;s business but THEIR OWN? Get ya album weight up, not ya hate up lol

gimme a break

oh and I have about 23356463476567 pics in my album and if my camera wasn&#39;t out of commision right now i&#39;d have bout 2345364356457654645645555555555556656565 more

:rolling :smug [/b][/quote]
Can the people of the church let out a loud and resounding REGULAR

Waiting quite patiently for your album to drop :-P

naturalay
03-30-2004, 07:05 PM
Natitwists and everyone else i TOTALLY agree with :app

i don&#39;t think i would be natural today if i had not seen so many pics of black women brave enough to show how they wear their hair in its natural state and from every angle :rainfro

keep showing as many pics as you want that&#39;s a real ( and maybe ONLY) source of inspiration for me :bis
Naturalay

Melanizm
03-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by natitwists@Mar 30 2004, 06:54 PM
Waiting quite patiently for your album to drop :-P
:-P :lol (i&#39;m waiting for medusa&#39;s album like i&#39;ve beeen waiting for a new d&#39;angelo album!)

you&#39;re on point nati. everything you said is the TRUTH...it never ceases to amaze me how some people only choose to find the negative in things to make themselves "feel better" about their own lives.

every album I&#39;ve seen has been an inspiration and their is NOTHING wrong with that...

so if having 85+ pics in my album makes me cheesy happy, then I&#39;LL BE DAT! God-forbid we help each other and ourselves as well...the horror!!

who gives a damn really...lol

ccoil
03-30-2004, 07:35 PM
What&#39;s your point, Medusa? Are you trying to make people feel bad about their albums? It&#39;s ridiculous to start a thread making fun of and sneering at how many camera angles/similar pics someone has. It&#39;s their album and they can put whatever they want in there. If you don&#39;t like it, then don&#39;t visit the album! Man! Stirring up trouble over nothing! >:(

Medusa Negrita
03-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Happy2BNappy@Mar 30 2004, 05:18 AM
So ummm...where&#39;s YOUR album showing folks how it should be done?
Ah fuggit. Speaking to 2 different napturals complaining about the number of pics in folks albums, thought this would be a worthy topic, and yet all I get is defensiveness. One naptural told me she was selected to pick out pics for the WOW from people&#39;s album&#39;s, and she said so many people had so many pictures in their albums that it would have taken a lot of time to go thru all those pics in the album, so she often skipped over them and for the smaller albums and pulled pics out of there.

Now that I have broached the topic, none of those who have a contrary opinion on album picture numbers have anything to say, and instead I get you all feeling &#39;guilty&#39; and like you&#39;re being "policed" about the # of pics in your album :rolling.... and yall just so happen to be the ones with mega amount of pics in your albums :rolling. Interesting.

Now I see why some folks complain or discuss some thangs behind the scenes because if the shoot fits for yall..... you want to take the dam shoe and hit somebody up side the head with it. :doh

Oh well..... having been naptural for quite some time now and being somewhat versed in how to do my own hair as well as my children, the album section is the last section of this site I venture into. If I haven&#39;t inspired you with my words and drew nothing but criticism for those, I don&#39;t think I can do much for you with any pictures. And I shole in hell about to throw some pics out there for you criticize based on what I have said and my opinions on any given subject. I &#39;talk&#39; to dam much for that. I have offered a children&#39;s website about hair care and pictures that i do for my own kids, and on the beginning of site were some of my braided styles when I had longer hair, but that was it. It could have been accessed from my siggy, but since those are no longer working..... *shrugs*.

So sorry for venturing into a topic i thought was discussion worthy without considering the feelings of those who may actually have a lot of pics in their albums or album at all :smug :rolling. I can&#39;t offer you much since it&#39;s true - I DON&#39;T have an album up for anyone to see (or criticize). And since this thread has only garnered the opinion of those who who have a lot of pics in their albums, don&#39;t care about the subject, or who can only generate a contary defensive response...., the topic is essentially useless and prone to argument (not discussion) about the # of pics in albums (you know as people try to defend why they have so many, or none, or a few..... which is not really the point I wanted to make. It was more geared towards how a certain many pics in albums can be avantagious or not....such as what i mentioned above with folks picking out a pic for the WOW section - know what I&#39;m saying? Wasn&#39;t trying to tell somebody "you should only have X number of pics in album and if you X many, that&#39;s too many or not enough." :rolling. )

Anywayz, backing :tiptoe :tiptoe slowly up out of this thread and whenever yall let your guard down..... you can feel free to respond to...whatever....or let it sink. Doesn&#39;t matter to me.

Gudday. :rolling

HIGH

Melanizm
03-30-2004, 09:00 PM
:blah

keep playing the victim, medusa...

anyone with eyes and a bit of sense can see through you. your intention with this post is CLEAR...the title says it all :rolling

you seek divisiveness and discord. and then when you get it, all of the sudden you turn into a victim who was just "trying to venture into a topic worthy of discussion" :blah :blah :blah it&#39;s a juvenile game. but game ALWAYS recognizes game...especially when people know how to play it better than you.

no one is feeling guilty over here...i&#39;d have to actually care about your opinion to feel anything in regards to your posts...i voiced my opinion just like you did, but when I and others voice contrary opinions, THEN it&#39;s a problem. it&#39;s not being defensive, it&#39;s simply offering MY opinion. you only call it defensive to further your own cause and feed your need to be right.

But, I do like your passive agressive attempts to try and call me and others with "mega amounts of pics" in our albums out though. It makes your whole point moot. if this was truly about discussion, you would have dismissed our posts and continued the "discussion" like i said, it&#39;s so EASY to see what your intentions are.

you can&#39;t speak on anyone&#39;s album and what they do if you&#39;re not even willing to put your own album out there. but like you said, you talk TOO damn much for that. you hide behind your online persona and it shows. real people do real things, medusa...know that...

you&#39;re a trip INDEED...

feepee
03-30-2004, 09:06 PM
I like the pics. Ladies keep putting them up. But I generally view the thumbnail pics of the album then click on specific ones i wanna see closer. That&#39;s what I do if I don&#39;t wanna see every angle.

Ravensholst
03-30-2004, 09:10 PM
lol@medusa...

Well, now the Queen has spoken and I bet y&#39;all heard that..lol

Now get to deleting those pics!

Sunchild
03-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Melanizm@Mar 30 2004, 05:00 PM

anyone with eyes and a bit of sense can see through you. your intention with this post is CLEAR...the title says it all :rolling

you seek divisiveness and discord. and then when you get it, all of the sudden you turn into a victim who was just "trying to venture into a topic worthy of discussion" :blah :blah :blah it&#39;s a juvenile game. but game ALWAYS recognizes game...especially when people know how to play it better than you.

no one is feeling guilty over here...i&#39;d have to actually care about your opinion to feel anything in regards to your posts...i voiced my opinion just like you did, but when I and others voice contrary opinions, THEN it&#39;s a problem. it&#39;s not being defensive, it&#39;s simply offering MY opinion. you only call it defensive to further your own cause and feed your need to be right.

But, I do like your passive agressive attempts to try and call me and others with "mega amounts of pics" in our albums out though. It makes your whole point moot. if this was truly about discussion, you would have dismissed our posts and continued the "discussion" like i said, it&#39;s so EASY to see what your intentions are.

you can&#39;t speak on anyone&#39;s album and what they do if you&#39;re not even willing to put your own album out there. but like you said, you talk TOO damn much for that. you hide behind your online persona and it shows. real people do real things, medusa...know that...

ITA.

I have about 67 pics spanning over 3 years, so its not just people with mega amounts of pics who disagree with you Medusa.

MuthaErth
03-30-2004, 09:54 PM
there are a lot of nappy heads at my house so i takes a lot of nappy pics, that i&#39;m not shy about sharing with my np fam 8)

Happy2BNappy
03-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Melanizm@Mar 30 2004, 04:00 PM

:app :app

Medusa I don&#39;t give a rat&#39;s tail about what you think. You&#39;re the only one running scared up in here. YOU won&#39;t put together an album because you&#39;re afraid of the criticism, the rest of us have put one together DESPITE what others may say.

I wasn&#39;t planning on taking anymore pictures until my 1 year anniversary in May, but dangit you just put me in the mood.

*flipping my hair atchu* I&#39;m off to take some pictures. Peace!

myhairandme
03-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Melanizm@Mar 30 2004, 11:16 AM

:-P :lol (i&#39;m waiting for medusa&#39;s album like i&#39;ve beeen waiting for a new d&#39;angelo album!)

:lol

P.S. I don&#39;t have an album yet, but when I get one it&#39;ll have tons of pictures in it. :razz

Divinaty
03-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by LadyThoms@Mar 30 2004, 06:48 PM
the more, the better. i love to see other napps&#39; hair. if not for the albums, i wouldn&#39;t be here.
ITA. and keep em coming ladies because i&#39;ve been taking notes trying to copy many of your styles. and i&#39;m a visual learner!!

myhairandme
03-30-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Medusa Negrita@Mar 30 2004, 12:41 PM

Oh well..... having been naptural for quite some time now and being somewhat versed in how to do my own hair as well as my children, the album section is the last section of this site I venture into. If I haven&#39;t inspired you with my words and drew nothing but criticism for those, I don&#39;t think I can do much for you with any pictures. And I shole in hell about to throw some pics out there for you criticize based on what I have said and my opinions on any given subject. I &#39;talk&#39; to dam much for that. I have offered a children&#39;s website about hair care and pictures that i do for my own kids, and on the beginning of site were some of my braided styles when I had longer hair, but that was it. It could have been accessed from my siggy, but since those are no longer working..... *shrugs*.

So is this about folks having too many pictures in their album, or you not being able to have an album for fear of criticizm and rejection? Are you taking your frustrations out on folks who do have albums, and receive so many positive comments that they are compelled to add more and more photos?
Just some questions I thought were worthy of answers...and discussion.

*SupaSista*
03-30-2004, 11:54 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

this stuff is classic.... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

you guys are crackin&#39; me the hell up!!! :thumbsup

keep on keepin&#39; on sistahs with pics...keep on! :cow:

natitwists
03-31-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Melanizm@Mar 30 2004, 03:00 PM

:app :app :app :app :app :app :app :app :app :app :app :app :app :app SPEAK GIRL SPEAK!!!! I totally agree with EVERYTHING you said Mel, and I couldn&#39;t have said it better myself! :-)

Jams
03-31-2004, 03:22 AM
ITA w/Mel on this one!

elani75
03-31-2004, 05:11 AM
LOL! @this thread.

You tell&#39;em Melanizm. "REAL people DO REAL things!" Awww g&#39;yeah! :D

*laughs out loud at desk*

-e

carlasher
03-31-2004, 06:58 AM
I just started an album so I have 10 and under. I will be adding more soon though!

Nappilocs
04-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by NappyGoddesse@Mar 30 2004, 06:19 PM
I think the albums are great! I&#39;m always in the WOW section, and if I&#39;m short on time I close the album and continue at a later time...

...maybe we should find something else to nit-pick about and leave the albums alone :rolling - those are the main source of inspiration for members who need it. Nappturality is quite popular for the album section of the site. If you don&#39;t need it, let it be! And if you don&#39;t want to leave a comment, don&#39;t, but let&#39;s be consciencous of those who enjoy looking at hundreds of different pictures, and those who like to leave comments. Let&#39;s be aware that there are newbies on this site who need the inspiration and the visuals!

For those of you who love taking and posting pics, keep up the good work; you&#39;re looking great, ladies! :thumbsup
:app :app THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY!!!!!!

Some people will always find something to complain about :rolling

BeautifulButterfly
04-02-2004, 07:31 PM
:pop

this was very interesting. while I&#39;m here, I might as well say that I have added some new pictures to my album... feel free to check it out!

-Felecia

LadyThoms
04-02-2004, 08:23 PM
nice pics felicia :) i always enjoy new pics! r u still stuck over there? my husband was there. be safe!

thunderstorm
04-03-2004, 02:52 AM
medusa, i don&#39;t have an album, nor do i agree with you.

sometimes you&#39;ll make a good point about something that i&#39;ll agree with you on, but when you become purposefully beligerent in your delivery, i become uninterested in anything else you have to say and glaze over your posts to read the other replies.

you&#39;d be more likely to get people to consider your view points if you weren&#39;t so abrasive. and even if they won&#39;t agree with you, they would at least respect your position based on the way you presented it.

you frequently pat yourself on the back about being a good debater and speaker, but you&#39;ve never shown that you are.

there&#39;s a difference between being well written and just being wordy. and there&#39;s a difference between being a good debater and just being abnoxiously agumentative without a point.

instigating flaming topics and setting people up to argue with you doesn&#39;t make you a good debater. it doesn&#39;t make you a good writer. it just shows that you are good at picking fights.

Chocolatey
04-03-2004, 03:17 AM
I love all the photos, including and especially the angle shots; the photos are what drew me to this site in the first place. There are some talented ladies out there. Keep the pics coming!

:)

napturallyme
04-03-2004, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by thunderstorm@Apr 3 2004, 02:52 AM
medusa, i don&#39;t have an album, nor do i agree with you.

sometimes you&#39;ll make a good point about something that i&#39;ll agree with you on, but when you become purposefully beligerent in your delivery, i become uninterested in anything else you have to say and glaze over your posts to read the other replies.

you&#39;d be more likely to get people to consider your view points if you weren&#39;t so abrasive. and even if they won&#39;t agree with you, they would at least respect your position based on the way you presented it.

you frequently pat yourself on the back about being a good debater and speaker, but you&#39;ve never shown that you are.

there&#39;s a difference between being well written and just being wordy. and there&#39;s a difference between being a good debater and just being abnoxiously agumentative without a point.

instigating flaming topics and setting people up to argue with you doesn&#39;t make you a good debater. it doesn&#39;t make you a good writer. it just shows that you are good at picking fights.
:thumbsup

nchristina
04-03-2004, 04:23 AM
With there being a helluva lot of albums on here to look at, what do you think about the sheer number of pictures in some albums?

-The more pictures the better. I need different angles so i&#39;ll know how to try to style my hair. Notice the word &#39;try&#39; in that last sentence.

What do you think is a good number of pictures in album in any given month or stage of development and growth?

-I like lots of pictures over a space of time or lots of styles.

Do you think some albums have too many pictures or are they redundant?

-No, as I stated before, I like tons of pix.

Are some folks just cheesy happy or what?

- I think the amount of pictures is directly related to how much they love their hair. So, ladies snap away.

:offtopic If I remember correctly, MD didn&#39;t you have a bunch of children&#39;s styles? I loved that.

BeautifulButterfly
04-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by LadyThoms@Apr 2 2004, 02:23 PM
nice pics felicia :) i always enjoy new pics! r u still stuck over there? my husband was there. be safe!
thank u girl!!

-Felecia

phatlipps1
04-04-2004, 02:12 AM
Im just plain ol cheesy. :rainfro

Lagina
04-04-2004, 03:29 AM
I love taking pics and the pics love me :)