PDA

View Full Version : My Bf Said Something That Made Me Blush

lsubabiedee
03-30-2004, 10:02 PM
Okay last night I was looking at a couple of people's albums with my bf, and one lady had pressed her hair out in one pic and he said, "I like the pic on the left"......and I screamed to him that he wasnt supposed to like the straight style over the natural ones...and he said, "Its just that I dont see straight hair anymore, and I never see any good looking straight hair or girls with straight hair."

OMG, i was speechless for a second...he told me that he preferred natural hair now, and even told me about all the naturals that he saw when he went home last week....he said that he wanted to tell them about nappturality so bad....

lol...i was worried about him feeling deprived but now I think he's gonna be ok....i think maybe i've changed the way he thinks about hair...

Just wanted to share...

brittanynic
03-30-2004, 10:10 PM
I am glad he has a new perspective.

happynappyB
03-30-2004, 10:11 PM
It's funny you should mention men changing their mind about natural hair. My ex BF and I still keep in touch, and I told them that I had gone natural. He lives far away from me and we don't see each other much. When I told him he just kept laughing and was like I could never have been rocking my hair like that when I was with him. Mind you, he still hadn't actually SEEN my natural hair. So he finally saw a picture of it and liked it a lot and amired the fact that I spend so much time on this site trying to learn to take care of my hair. He vowed never to make fun of my afro puff again. He better not, or I'll have to knock him out. (box

So BIG UPS to all the ladies who are schooling their men about natural hair!!

B

healthy
03-30-2004, 10:14 PM
They're coming around especially the ones from New York.

ulovenae
03-30-2004, 10:54 PM
went to fish market today and the guy was telling me how much me likes natural hair on women and how women should learn how to just get over all that perm stuff. i was like wow this is a first

wannabcurly
03-30-2004, 11:41 PM
One of the best parts about being natural is the compliments I get from men. I was helping a guest check out of my line at work one day and he kept looking at me. Finally after he paid he said I really like how you sportin' that fro, it looks good on you. That just made my day. Knowing that I am accepted by them for being different, bold and natural makes me feel even more confidant in myself.

lsubabiedee
03-31-2004, 07:54 AM
just wanted to add that my bf is the one that motivated me to cut do the BC tonight and he even helped!!!

LaLa*
03-31-2004, 08:11 AM
I know what you mean girl... I went all out to go find this wig one time it was long and straight, kinda expensive too, so my boyfriend comes over and I didn't even tell him and I opened the door and he was just like wow.... but when I started to get ready he was just like baby, please don't wear that out.... You look great but I like your hair the way it is...

I guess that was always a concern of mine.

naturalay
03-31-2004, 01:18 PM
my bf has been so supportive during my naptural journey ( from the big chop till now) he even told me that if didn't want me to press my hair or do anything to change the texture for our wedding. :bis
The day he told me that, i was really convinced that he was a man for me :heart :heart :heart :heart

Naturalay

MzNGINEAR
04-01-2004, 01:50 AM
:app I can't wait til my dh gets that reality check