PDA

View Full Version : Natural Hair Salons In Richmond, Va. 804 Holla!

SLC
05-02-2008, 08:46 PM
So does anyone know of any?
I'm just curious.

eigna69
05-12-2008, 07:34 PM
I've been to 2 of them... Deeply Rooted in Chester and Naturally Yours in Petersburg. There are a couple in Richmond but I'm not sure of the names. Because of finances, I've been doing my own hair lately. Whenever I got micros, I usually went to Naturally Yours. Tried Deeply Rooted once.... You should come check out the get togethers. All the ladies are very nice. I think they are trying to plan one within the next couple of weeks.
Hope this helps!

http://public.fotki.com/eigna69

sstoneglory
06-02-2008, 06:42 AM
I can vouch for Naturally Yours in the burg. www.gonaturallyours.com I've only been there once to get my BC but I'll definitely be going back there for maintenance and so forth.

DrLoc
06-02-2008, 12:04 PM
I can vouch for Naturally Yours in the burg. www.gonaturallyours.com I've only been there once to get my BC but I'll definitely be going back there for maintenance and so forth.
[/b]

Lol@1kinkykutie... We must be long lost hair twins/siblings... I BCed on 5/31/05 after about the same amount of time from my last CFC, So I just celebrated my 3 year napp-iversary! I got a lot of negativity about the length... why didn't I wait... why not transition, etc... But my question to them was always WHY? If I know I'm going to do it, why prolong the inevitable. Plus I think we have an advantage because we get to learn our hair from jumpstreet as opposed to dealing with the two textrues for months or years and then having to figure out how to do a LOT of hair! Good luck on your journey!

sstoneglory
06-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Agreed DrLoc.. I love men but I believe the most intimate relationship I've been in has been with my new napps.. and it's only been 2 days, lol!!

DrLoc
06-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Girl... it is definitely a relationship in the truest sense of the word, becuase you have to learn to compromise and not try to make it submit to your will all the time! And there will be the occasional moments/days of frustration but we've made a commitment so we stick it out... What a journey...

To the OP, I'm not sure how far your willing to go (especially with these sky high gas prices) but I know a GREAT place in Baltimore!

dianaw
06-14-2008, 02:42 PM
I live in western VA and I've searched and searched for natural hair salons and have come up empty. I'm not about to drive 1.5 hours to Richmond on a regular basis so I'm considering DIY.

By the way, I'm just about ready for my BC. Haven't relaxed since January and had 2 inches cut off six weeks ago. I'm sick of two textures already. Last week I took my twists and wrapped them down into little bantu knots. I unraveled them and they looked like a mass of curls that were close to my scalp, so I got a preview of what I would look like with shorter hair. I don't know what I was afraid of, it was mad cute! :wub:

cutenappygrl
06-14-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm from Richmond, VA and when I lived at home I got my hair done at Ancient Techniques downtown on West Broad street. It's a nice little shop and Pamela is the owner and the main stylist there. She has beads in the store window. Her prices are reasonable too - but sometimes her customer service leaves a little to be desired. For braiding I generally go to blocks over to the african braiders on grace st. They are a little bit faster and have better hours - but for all other natural styles I go to Pam. I'm going to miss her shop now that I'm in Florida.

kgreggny2va
06-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Naturally Yours in Petersburg! Hands Down..... Yu will love the atmosphere prices are good... everyone in there in NATURAL! the owner is a beautuful person NO ATTITUDES! You will feel welcomed... I have been goin there since I moved to this area (3 yrs).....

taritac
07-23-2008, 01:33 AM
I second Ancient Techniques in Richmond. She was fast, accommodated my schedule, gave me a THOROUGH washing (not for the tenderheaded, believe me! But not unnecessarily rough), and gave me the cutest little (I mean TINY) 2-strand twists with flat twists at the front. I was there at 11:30 AM and needed to be out no later than 2:30 PM for a wedding. I was in the bowl by 11:45 and out of her chair a little after 2 PM.

I highly recommend this shop! :)

Big Teezy
08-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Naturally Yours in Petersburg! Hands Down..... Yu will love the atmosphere prices are good... everyone in there in NATURAL! the owner is a beautuful person NO ATTITUDES! You will feel welcomed... I have been goin there since I moved to this area (3 yrs).....
[/b]

Bumping.

Does anyone know how much it cost for loc maintence at naturally yours salon TIA.

mstith2683
08-14-2009, 03:42 AM
has anyone had their hair styled at Braids and Dreds? If so, how was your experience? Contemplating going there.

locddownluv
08-20-2009, 12:01 PM
I can definitely vouch for naturally yours in petersburg VA. I have been going there for the last 7 months and I really enjoy my experience. My stylist is the best (go Whitney!!!). I got my microlocks started there and I have them maintained monthly. It is a very inviting professional atmosphere and the prices are reasonable. I had been natural for almost 3 years before I found the place...Im glad I did

Big Teezy
08-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks so much. locddownluv for answering. Do you live in Petersburg?

Storm
08-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Stephanie at Imago Salon (Curly hair salon) on Main St.