PDA

View Full Version : How To Use The Google Search Feature

liberationtheory
05-08-2008, 01:54 AM
i am completely lost. whenever i use the google search feature at the very top, it finds the pages i want, but i cant open them. instead it says document not found or bounces me to the main site, not the actual thread. any idea on how to use this feature b/c it searches better than the official search feature.

liberationtheory
05-08-2008, 08:22 PM
anyone??????

brododaktula
05-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I use Firefox and tabbed browsing, and I've noticed it always defaults to one tab for search results regardless of where I am when I do the search. Maybe in other browsers this works with popups?

I click the button to search within NP rather than "Web" and then use it like I'd use any google search, but it's definitely a little funky. When I get to a page by clicking on one of the links, it's often an archived version with funny formatting. It's still useful for me, but doesn't seem to be working quite right. Sorry this presumably doesn't help you much, but it's all I've got.

liberationtheory
05-08-2008, 09:40 PM
you're getting more than i am, b/c i don't even get the site with the funky format. i simply don't get any page. lemme eeif i can figure something else out. thanks for the help though!

gr2006
05-08-2008, 10:19 PM
liberty, i experienced the same problem but it wasn't consistent.

i tried searching for >banding> and got 1 page that was blank but the rest went to normal NP pages.

don't know what's up with that.

cutenappygrl
05-09-2008, 03:26 AM
I'm sorry it's not working for you - i don't know why b/c i just tried it and it works for me. One thing you can do is since the google search usually shows entire web link under each search result - you can copy and paste it into a new window to get it to open. One thing i did notice is if it is in lowfi version it doesn't open anymore like it used to.