PDA

View Full Version : Following Up..what Is Too Much?

Mrs. Tang
04-02-2004, 06:21 AM
Three weeks ago I attended a teaching job fair which I thought turned out great!! I actually got to interview with the assistant pricipal of a High School that I would love to teach in because of its location. Apparently my resumen stuck out to her and she wanted to interview...she said that their Business Ed department was looking for someone with my IT skills and experience...at the end of the interview she said that she would like to get me out to the school to interview with the department head and that I would get a call the following week to schedule....I heard nothing so I decided to follow up with e-mail (which she told me to do to remind her)...still nothing...so I called the following week and she let me know that she got my e-mail and that she has been very busy...she appologized for the delay and said that I should get a call from the Department head the following week...its Friday and now I'm sumpted on what I should do next and with professionalism...what would you do...should I call back today...is that being too pushy. I know that things are very busy at high schools and she did sound promising...I just need to know the deal...or for the educators out there..is it still early...I would start in the fall. Should I call the Department Head, even though she's not the one I inerviewed with...Just asking for suggesitons..Thanks..

elleebeme5
04-02-2004, 01:43 PM
That's always a tough call. I'd send a letter to document your interest. If there's no response, I'd move on. Perhaps others with better insight can help you.

Lagina
04-04-2004, 01:12 AM
I would defin. mail a letter asap. Let her know again your are still intrested. Always go after what you want if it really something you want! Just make sure it stays professional at all times!

Mrs. Tang
04-04-2004, 04:51 AM
Thanks Lagina!!!! :bis , I will definately let her know that I am still interested. I feel a lot better about it now...

Peace