PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Assassinated?

Medusa Negrita
04-01-2003, 12:49 AM
I think Jesus existed. I also think he was really an ordinary man. But this post isn't about Jesus as ordinary man or extraordinary being, it's about his death, and how I can see it or equate it with more of assination. I posted this on another board, and thought I'd bring it up for discussion here.

I think the 'Christ' figure/name was given to the ordinary man name of Jesus many years after he died and was made into a larger than life iconic religious figure (sorta like Elvis).

It's not that much of a jump for me to see the crucifiction of Jesus as one being very similar to an assassination (if indeed not an assassination in and of itself). Consider this...a 'minority' man (meaning not of of the ruling mainstream, which was Roman at the time) that espouses a belief and/or speaks of an imposing belief system that is different from the mainstream, and that in and of itself presents a threat to the mainstream beliefs and system/way of doing thangs. So the mainstream divises a plan to get rid of him, and then uses one of his own people to go against him and help take him out. He's tried and sentenced and executed by the very people that sought to take him out in the first place. After his death (when he's no longer a threat to mainstream) he's then put on this pedestal and glamed over into this extrodinary larger than life all-inclusive religious icon ........much like Martin and Malcolm (minus the extrodinary religious icon with new name and religion ).

there is a poll and if your choice is not here, then don't vote. Let me know what you think and I may add it as a choice because right now I don't know what more to include.

Mirriam-Webster Main Entry: proph·et
1 : one who utters divinely inspired revelations; specifically often capitalized : the writer of one of the prophetic books of the Old Testament
2 : one gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight; especially : an inspired poet
3 : one who foretells future events : PREDICTOR
4 : an effective or leading spokesman for a cause, doctrine, or group
5 Christian Science a : a spiritual seer b : disappearance of material sense before the conscious facts of spiritual Truth