PDA

View Full Version : Will It Ever Revert?

tarita.jones
05-28-2008, 08:37 PM
So I wore a sew in for about a month. I had a weak moment...and got some remi sewed in and I know, I know! :boohoo: UGH!!!!!!! I left out my horse shoe and was curling my bang every friggin day to blend and....I really wish I could kick myself :doh:

My bang is behaving real strange ever since. It's not bone str8 but it's not kinky like I want it :( Has anyone else ever experienced this? Will my napps come back? :crying: I am never friggin' straightening my hair again. Guess this is what I get...but will it revert??!!

BrnNappyGrl
05-28-2008, 08:40 PM
It could. Try giving yourself a good deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner. Sometimes the naps are just in shock and they will come back after you give them some TLC.

If not, then you may just be damaged beyond repair. Your only recourse then would be to trim it off. :hug:

I HTH and GL! :)

GalaxyGirl2012
05-28-2008, 08:43 PM
^^^^

yep yep...

i second trying the deep conditioning

tarita.jones
05-28-2008, 08:46 PM
I would just cut em but my bangs are the longest area I have. Comes to about the tip of my nose, and I'm proud of that :( Ugh!

Dang...man, I honestly feel like crying. Sucks! Thanks for the advice. I will try that. Could you recommend a deep conditioner please?

BrnNappyGrl
05-28-2008, 08:54 PM
I would just cut em but my bangs are the longest area I have. Comes to about the tip of my nose, and I'm proud of that :( Ugh!

Dang...man, I honestly feel like crying. Sucks! Thanks for the advice. I will try that. Could you recommend a deep conditioner please?
[/b]

Well now it depends on whether you want to use something natural or a commercial product. I use Suave Professionals line Humectant mixed with mollasses and coconut oil on the overnight. Get up the next day and rinse.

You could try Aubry Organics, Trader Joe's Moursh, or you could just PM EmpressRi for her recommendations! :lol: :lol: She is the head resident product pusha!

And as for not wanting to cut your hair, trust me, it's easier to cut it now when the damage is minimal than to wait and see how bad it could really get. You don't have to shop it all off at one time either. Trim an inch, grow an inch is how I do my own hair.

:hug: It's gon be aiight!

sweetnikki_6
05-28-2008, 09:02 PM
nm

tarita.jones
05-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Well now it depends on whether you want to use something natural or a commercial product. I use Suave Professionals line Humectant mixed with mollasses and coconut oil on the overnight. Get up the next day and rinse.

You could try Aubry Organics, Trader Joe's Moursh, or you could just PM EmpressRi for her recommendations! :lol: :lol: She is the head resident product pusha!

And as for not wanting to cut your hair, trust me, it's easier to cut it now when the damage is minimal than to wait and see how bad it could really get. You don't have to shop it all off at one time either. Trim an inch, grow an inch is how I do my own hair.

:hug: It's gon be aiight!
[/b]

Thanks girl :rolleyes: You're probably right....may have to start slowly snipping. I'll give em a little bit more time. Maybe you can recommend something from the conditoners I have. Went through a 3 week PJ phase lol

Jason Scalp Balancing
Keracare Humecto
ORS Replenishing
DPR-11
Motions Remoisturizing

ETA: Also have Qhemet heavy cream, balm and detangler and a ton of good oils (grapeseed, etc.) Any suggestions would be appreciated

tt1989
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
i KNOW how you feel!...i wanted to slap myself for getting Micros(knowing my hair was too long for that and it is VERY damaging)..and sure enough it took my hair out ALOT and now im Nursing my precious baby (aka my hair) back to heath we ALL make Hair Mistakes, Just Dep Condition your hair, Keep it Moisturized. and just wait, it has a big chance of reverting :)

GalaxyGirl2012
05-28-2008, 09:59 PM
i think any of the deep conditioners you have would work if it's going to work

honestly what reverts it back is water. if plain old water or a regular DC ain't working then you''ve lost your naps i'd say. once those chemical bonds are broken and changed you can't apply a product to reconnect them

Yekomod
05-28-2008, 10:59 PM
girl i this is EXACTLY why i was afraid to get a sew-in cause i didnt want to have to straighten my hair, thats why i took it out only had that bad boy in for 4 days i just couldnt risk it. but my only advice i can say is to try what these ladies said with the deep condition. i hope all goes well girl.

Gacela20
05-28-2008, 11:44 PM
:(I know how you feel. I hope it works. But I know from experience that it might not. After having a full head of natural hair, I decided to get a p.ress some years back. My hair took on a straight-kinky look that never really reverted. The ends eventually got a fuzzy look like my own natural hair, but the actual strands did not return to their prior state. I had to grow my hair back out.

LadyLibra
05-29-2008, 01:21 AM
try a protein treatment and follow up with a good deep conditioner. sometimes it takes a long time (several months) so i suggest babying the heck outta your hair and getting it as healthy as possible. if it doesn't revert you'll have to snip...

and next time buy a wig!!! :lol: