PDA

View Full Version : Baldy And Twa Grow Out Challenge 2008 Part 2

hervirtue
06-09-2008, 08:19 PM
This is the last month of this year's challenge so for those who will to continue please chime in!!

My routine has definitely changed since the beginning of January 2008. I don't manipulate my hair as much as I use to. Here's my current routine:

1. Co-wash weekly or bi-weekly, shampoo with Qhemet's Wheatgrass Cleansing Tea.

2. DC every time I take my twists down.

3. Re-twist my hair and leave it alone. THAT'S ALL!!!

I'll post a new pic at the beginning of July.

scardynap
06-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Well since this challenge starts on my b-day and ends a week before my nappy anniversary I guess im in. I havent established a set routine but im going to try and stick with

1.Poo once a week. Baggie with KeraKare all the other days
2. Do a olive/honey treatment once a week. (this is a new addition and im excited to see how it turns out)
3. Continue with daily usage of moe oil. (I call it snake oil since its such a well kept secret)
4. im going to attempt to twist my hair but i always quit halfway through cause my arms get tired.

Im hoping to see some significant growth by the end of the year. I take so much better care of my hair now that im a natural so im super excited about this journey.

BC-Dec 18 2007
4 inches of growth as of june 1st
Short term goal- 5 inches by july 1st
long term goal-bottom of ear by new years

jaajayi
06-10-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm in :)
Here's my routine:
1.) Shampoo and condition everyday (love the feeling and smell)
2.) Use Moe's Growth Oil while hair is damp
3.) Use Jamican Castor Oil to seal
4.) Top it off with Moeshealoe
5.) Scarf and out the door.

At night I reapply the growth oil and castor oil and where a satin bonnet to sleep.

SoSoul
06-10-2008, 07:24 AM
mmm...i'm in. i was in the Crown- Glory Challenge but about a month or so ago i cut my hair again. now i just want it to grow. i'm using taliah waajid's line of stuff. it's pretty good.
here is a puck of me one month ago. a couple days after my cut. http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/ABaby_n07/251dad25-138a-4fcf-b0af-6762a4f5db8.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/ABaby_n07/5263423a-b80f-4f92-94ad-37ab2b9fe1f.jpg
my edges are sooo thin. never really noticed til now.

and here I am now: as of 6/8
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/ABaby_n07/Picture004.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/ABaby_n07/Picture003.jpg

one month of growth and my edges are still thin but they seem to be comming in.

Afrodisiac_W
06-10-2008, 08:04 PM
hey im in!

i bc'd this month and i may have about 1inch. ( will measure at a later date and update in my siggy)

my goal is 3-4 by christmas!

routine:

everyday:
rinse in the morning or use honey/water/ylang ylang/jojoba spritz
apply coconut oil (mixed with a few drops of ylang ylang and almond oil)
at night, rinse in shower and apply leave in direct leave in condish

i poo every other day with nasaab black soap

acv, dc, shealoe once every week

detangle when needed

This is the last month of this year's challenge so for those who will to continue please chime in!!

My routine has definitely changed since the beginning of January 2008. I don't manipulate my hair as much as I use to. Here's my current routine:

1. Co-wash weekly or bi-weekly, shampoo with Qhemet's Wheatgrass Cleansing Tea.

2. DC every time I take my twists down.

3. Re-twist my hair and leave it alone. THAT'S ALL!!!

I'll post a new pic at the beginning of July.
[/b]

how short is your hair? do you ever do twist outs? i am trying to find other ways of wearing my hair other than wraps and scarves

CurlyGirl327
06-11-2008, 10:32 PM
I'd like to join in... correction, I NEED to join in! I have had a TWA for as long as I've been natural, which has been over 5 yrs. In that time, I should have grown hair down past my shoulders, but I've never had a consistent routine, so my length retention has suffered due to breakage and knotting. I haven't set up a concrete routine yet, but I think my routine will be something like the following:

1. Shampoo, deep condition, and detangle to start.
2. Put in small two-strand twists or box braids for at least 4 weeks (optimistic, I know!).
3. Rinse or no-poo daily or every other day.
4. Apply scalp oil and massage scalp for 10 minutes nightly (I think I'll try moe's recipe, since it's so popular).

I hope this works! ^_^

meblairgis@aol.com
06-12-2008, 12:16 AM
I would like to continue with this challenge my routine is
wash once - twice a week with Shikaki shampoo and conditiner
deep conditon every two weeks with Giovanni Deep Treatment
For styles I wear head wraps or TWA, I have cut down on manipulation.

kysses2
06-16-2008, 01:45 PM
I am so happy this challenge has continued, I am in, when does it end? , my head is completely shaved, I don't have a routine, all I do is cleanse,oil & brush, since I have no hair LOL!!! BUT I am very excited to join, I have a fotki but it is not full of pics just a few. I shaved at the end of may '08'

simplyshida
06-16-2008, 02:52 PM
im in! i BCed about a month and a half ago and i have 1 inch of hair streached. heres my routine:

1) co-wash 1-2 times a day with TJ Nourish Spa
2) StaSofFro while still damp
3) Fantasia IC gel (if im going to work or going out) if not i skip this step
4) scarf at night
5) DC once a week with my homemade mixture of Cholesterol, honey and TJ Nourish Spa

hervirtue
06-17-2008, 02:14 PM
I am so happy this challenge has continued, I am in, when does it end? , my head is completely shaved, I don't have a routine, all I do is cleanse,oil & brush, since I have no hair LOL!!! BUT I am very excited to join, I have a fotki but it is not full of pics just a few. I shaved at the end of may '08'
[/b]

I'm sure this challenge will never really end. I'm guessing that as our hair grows out past the TWA stage (not really sure what that link is...maybe 5-6 inches) we'll drop out of this challenge and move on the next one. Someone will always be able to carry this thread, it has really helped me and I'm sure that many others have benefited as well. :)

cutenappygrl
06-17-2008, 02:29 PM
I big chopped again yesterday. Mainly because the dandruff was so bad that the frequent washing made it way too difficult to maintain my short fro - it was about 3" long. So I just decided to BC so that I could take care of my scalp. And so far so good. I am using Dr. Bonners hemp and peppermint soap, weak ACV rinses and Darbe keewee oil on my scalp. I also am still using olive oil and coconut oils in my hair as well. I am also going to be in MJs homemade products challenge. So this all should be fun.

ladyjay0110
06-17-2008, 05:03 PM
I wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I am Sooooooo in. I really don’t have a daily routine but when I find one I will update. This would be my first challenge since my Big Cut in March. I ha vent really see that much growth so hopefully this really helps out…Update and pics come soon.

foxyqueen
06-18-2008, 12:13 AM
I am so in!!! I bc'd on May 12, 2008 and have been wearing kinky twist (for the first month) and just got cornrows which I will wear for about 4 weeks. I don't have a set routine yet (except that i rinse with baking soda once a week and apply Moe Grow Oil every other day). But I want to grow out my hair, so I am in!!! :afro:

Afrodisiac_W
06-18-2008, 08:02 PM
okay so, i changed my routine. i realized that i was doing too much to my hair.

i wear a wrap m-f
when i get home, I spritz with jojoba/ylang ylang/water mixture; apply giovanni's leave in; apply coconut oil

saturday: acv rinse, wash with nasabb black soap, dc, detangle, apply coconut oil

I ordered my materials for moe's growth oil. so beginning next week, my weekend routine will change a bit. instead of applying coconut oil, i will apply MGO

Qtepy704
06-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Count me in!! I BC'd about 2 months ago and just went to the barber for a shape up last week. He cut off more hair :rolleyes: , so my twa is really teeny-weeny now...lol. As far as a routine, well...

1) Rinse daily in the shower
2) Co-wash 2-3 times per week with Suave Coconut Conditioner :wub:
3) Spritz daily with my mixture of EVOO and water
4) Add some Lustrasilk Mango/Shea Butter conditioner as a leave in 2-3 days / wk.
5) Deep condition about every week and a half to 2 weeks.
6) Tie up my hair with my satin scarf and sleep on my satin pillowcase

This has been working for me so far, so I figured I will stick to it.

Now this will be my 1st challenge, so is there something that we are supposed to do, like check-in weekly/monthly???

CERINA
06-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Sign me up!!!!
I bc'd May 29, 2008.
I have about 1 inch of hair give or take.
My routine is:
1. Co-wash 1-2 times a day.
2. Shampoo once a week with clarifying shampoo. (suave)
3. Usually add spritzer which consist of leave-in cond, jojoba oil, tea tree and peppermint for scent.
4. DC every 2-3 days with Organics Hair Mayo and a that Miss Jessies conditioner. (I usually sleep in my baggie if I do this.)
4. Shea Butter on wet hair and bonnet at night.

NowIamnappy
06-23-2008, 06:54 PM
I think I want in on this challenge I have about 4 inches of hair. I need a good routine

1.I'm going to cowash 1-2 times a week (VO5)
2. Wash once a week with Dr. Bonner's castile soap
3. Spritz with greg juice or shea butter if I'm twisting
4. Seal my hair with castor oil, or jojoba oil. I'm going to start bagging my ends everynight.
5. Deep condition once a week and tie my hair with a satin scarf everynight

Ok so how long is the challenge and what can we or cant we do!?!

EnlightenMe
06-23-2008, 07:08 PM
I have about 1 1/2 inch... I think Im just gonna be doing a wash-n-go and braids periodically.. since I've finally learned how to do them...

My routine so far is:
Deep Condition once a week
Co-wash 4 to 5 times a week along with Wild Growth Oil..
Daily: Dudley’s Curl Activator and Moisturizer, Leave in Conditioner and Olive Oil
I finally found the products and a routine that works for me ... :wub:

Besides a scarf, thats all I do at nite. Im thinking about trying out the bagging method once or twice a month.....

I think I want in on this challenge I have about 4 inches of hair. I need a good routine

1.I'm going to cowash 1-2 times a week (VO5)
2. Wash once a week with Dr. Bonner's castile soap
3. Spritz with greg juice or shea butter if I'm twisting
4. Seal my hair with castor oil, or jojoba oil. I'm going to start bagging my ends everynight.
5. Deep condition once a week and tie my hair with a satin scarf everynight

Ok so how long is the challenge and what can we or cant we do!?!
[/b]

I need your length... I luv your twist....

reesespep
06-24-2008, 03:34 AM
IM sooooo in!!!!!!! i b/c maybe a couple of days ago

1)co-wash whenever i feel like( my hair loves cheap suave conditioner)
2) satin cap every night
3) headband daily over wash and go
4) sometimes pick her out
5) cantu shea butter
i just discovered that she becomes more coily when i co-wash with suave( aka cheap conditioner she loves cheap stuff as much as i do!!!!!!!!!!!)

oh i have about 2 inches of stretched hair

QueenScorpio
06-24-2008, 04:45 AM
I'm in.... :D no seriously I'm in...
I'm bald, I cut my hair a few weeks ago (don't remeber the exact date) due to damage, over manipulation and other stuff...I'm going to let my hair grow starting July, right now I don't have a routine but I plan to:

- Wet my hair every day (until it gets cold then I'll spitz daily)
- baggy every night
- Wash once a week with shampoo, co-wash twice a week
- wear my hair shrunken 99% of the time
- comb hair once every 2 weeks, finger comb the rest of the time

I'll be tweaking as I go along...

ladyjay0110
06-26-2008, 02:16 AM
This is an Update: My New Routine

Daily:

Co-wash (Suave naturals, with Olive Oil, & Honey)
Leave-in Conditioner
Moisturizer that has aloe and Castor oil
Daily Spritz ( Suave nautrals, almond oil, jojoba oils, coconut oil, and Jasmine EO)

Weekly:

Treatment (Whatever my hair tells me I need, I try to listen)
Shampoo once a week or bi-weekly
Comb: If My hair scream comb at me while Shampooing

This has been working well so far, I am slowly working sheaaloe into my routine, and want to make mo's grow oil to help with growth... Onther update soon :D

purple_haazee
06-26-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm definitely in!! I just did the bc on June 10, 2008. I have about 1 inch on hair.

Routine:
1) Spray home made growth oil (distilled water, rosemary oil, basil oil, olive oil, and peppermint oil mixed in spray bottle) daily followed up by a little of Carol's daughter hair balm and elixir
2) Co wash every wk with VO5 clarifying conditioner (mixed with lemon juice, baking soda, and brown sugar)
3) Protein conditioner every wk (egg white and organic yogurt) followed by a dc with Carols Daughter
Khoret Smoothie

Goal: No length in particular...just want to see my hair grow and get rid of some thin areas

Check out my fotki album...http://public.fotki.com/purplehaazee/

Nessia12
06-26-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm in on this too.

My routine consists of using the Mixed Chick Trio. I use the conditioner just about every day and the shampoo every 3-4 days and the deep conditioner once a week. I find it works really well for me. I just BCd about a month ago.

MrsJersey
07-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Oh oh oh I am so in on this. I just BC'd last Saturday my pics are in my fotiki. I think I have about 3/4 of an inch to an inch in some places. As far as a regimen, I'm still working on that one. The only thing that I have down so far is daily co washing. Everything else I play by ear until I find what works for my natural hair. I'm learning the hard way that what worked for my re.laxed hair wont work for my real stuff so I'm still just playing Papa Smurf mixin stuff together until that "Aha" moment happens. Once I get something down, I'll update...untill then I will just be stalking fotikis and reading through NP. :blush:

soulsista8907
07-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Count me in! My hair is maybe and inch and a half...

As far as a routine, I really haven't established one yet. I'm still new to this natural hair thing but I will update as I go along!

enviime
07-01-2008, 08:15 PM
I am in...I bc'ed for the 2nd time 06/01/08. My routine is simple. I co-wash and moisturize.

rodeo417
07-01-2008, 08:41 PM
oh i have had it with ya.....

how you gonna have a hair growing challenge and not email everyone!!!! i am soo def. in....

1. wash as needed (either weekly or every other)
2. use Moe's growth recipe (which is da bomb)
3. use more Moe's growth recipe
4. stay away from the hair coloring isle (til the loc lady saids i can..)

red_980
07-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm in. I BC'd on June 28th. Since my hair is tapered in the back and sides, my hair is not the same length all over. I think the longest might be 3/4 of an inch.

Right now my routine is/will be:

1. co-wash every other day with suave tropical coconut conditioner (wet hair with water on days that I don't co-wash)
2. spray hair with Sta-Sof-Fro
3. Rub in a little grapeseed oil
4. DC every week (add honey, olive oil, and chamomile to conditioner)
5.Wash as needed

jkelly0204
07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
im joining in. i bc on saturday to almost bald. my regimen is to cw daily. until i grow me some hair lol.

keyanisha
07-01-2008, 10:49 PM
I would like to join..I bc'd june 15th. as far as my regi im still trying to find the right products for my hair but i co wash just about everyday or every other day

purple_haazee
07-07-2008, 04:21 PM
okay so I changed my routine a little bit. My hair is really doing its thang. It's only been a month but I can definitely tell the difference.

Routine:
1) Spray home made growth oil (distilled water, rosemary oil, basil oil, coconut oil, and peppermint oil mixed in spray bottle) daily followed up by a little of Carol's daughter hair balm and 100% pure shea butter
2) Co washing every other day with Aubrey clarifying conditioner
3) Protein conditioner every wk (egg white and organic yogurt)
4) Hot oil treatment every wk with Carol's daughters elixir
5) followup with a dc with Carols Daughter Khoret Smoothie

Goal: No length in particular...just want to see my hair grow and get rid of some thin areas

Check out my fotki album...http://public.fotki.com/purplehaazee

ImageCoach
07-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey Ladies,

I'm in! I did my second mini-BC in June, so I am completely napptural now. Last fire cream was in late 2007, so I'm doing okay. I've got a good 2 inches on the top, sides and back, and that's 2 weeks after a recent trim. I think it's grown a little since the last mini-BC - and I definitely want it much, much longer!

My current routine is to wash once or twice a week (depending on weather) with Satinique Dandruff Control Hair Cleanser, condition with Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Conditioner, and I use a light application of oil daily to help with detangling and protection.

I try not to manipulate my hair much - just comb it in the morning after applying the oil with my hands and massaging my scalp. I do use a pick occasionally - it's now getting long enough to 'crush' in the back when I'm sitting in a movie theatre :lol: and I love, love, love :wub: my hair!

My length goal: hmmm....shoulder length would be great, but since I haven't really seen my natural texture for over 30 years, I don't know if I will be able to grow it that long, or manage it when it gets that long! :-)

I would love ideas for protective styles that will help the growing process - I live in New England, so protecting my virgin hair from the cold weather to come is VERY important to me.

TheseRCurls
07-07-2008, 08:01 PM
My hair is not quite a TWA. I BCed for the third time in October of last year. My hair is almost five inches long. I want to be in anyway, if that's ok? There are some things that I want to do this time that I didn't do the first two times. I want to have maximum growth and improve the texture of my hair. I also want to avoid commercial products that are harmful to my hair, my body, and the environment.

Here is what I challenge myself to do:

1. Co-wash/DT once a week
2. Clarify with ACV or Castile Soap as needed
3. No wash n go's (avoid allowing ends to dry loose)
4. Cut down on or eliminate commercial products
5. Experiment - make my own haircare products
6. Eat more healthfully
7. Leave my daggone hair alone - this will probably be the hardest thing to do. I have HIFD in the worst way.

When do we check in?

Afrodisiac_W
07-07-2008, 08:21 PM
doing a weekly check-in....also my first update for july

i started using moe's growth oil last weekend. my hair stays soft all day. i made a lil deviation from the original and added some ylang ylang. i also rub aloe gel all over after i have applied the mgo to my scalp and scritched (i think that is the term for when you u rub in a product on your scalp with the fleshy pad of your fingers.)

i dont know if i have any growth but my hair is def stronger. (i dc with mayo every week) i have some thinner spots on the side and they are coming in nicely.

update from my bc: i have definitely had some growth. picked out, my hair is 1 1/2 inches.

mrsrony
07-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Dang I read this and never replied. Count me in too. I BCd on 6/24. I got about an inch and a half or so on top. Still need to clip the last of the relaxed ends off the top.

For the past 2 weeks I have been managing to cowash 2x a week min with Suave coconut. I spritz 2x a day with Suave condi/glycerin/jojoba/vit E/grapeseed. Ive also used Curls wipped cream to curl my ends up.

christian_witchie2005
07-08-2008, 05:52 PM
yay im glad this is back, i dont have much to show because i JUST cut my hair. but my regimen is going to be pretty laid back.

just going to co-wash daily, detangle with fingers or comb. then let airdry.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/emgurl1234/premonthpiccomparison-2.jpg

kymberleea1
07-10-2008, 04:53 AM
http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1883/8422100/20055350/324855998.jpg
http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1883/8422100/20055350/324855964.jpg
http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1883/8422100/20055350/324855913.jpg
My regime hasnt changed since the first thread but pretty much I use Oyin products still. I use Pantene hydrating curls conditioner to co-wash and shine n define on my twist outs. I am almost 8 months in on July 19. I am very satisfied with my growth!
My pictoral diary (http://www.public.fotki.com/beenlyed2)

dimples_ga
07-10-2008, 11:00 AM
My length goal: hmmm....shoulder length would be great, but since I haven't really seen my natural texture for over 30 years, I don't know if I will be able to grow it that long, or manage it when it gets that long! :-)
[/b]

Trust me. You'll be at shoulder length in no time. I was part of this challenge from January to June right after I bc'd on Dec 31 and now I've moved on to the shoulder length challenge. I'll probably be there in some spots by the end of the summer.

The biggest thing that's helping me is keeping my hair in protective styles and doing less to it.

hervirtue
07-10-2008, 12:26 PM
http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1883/8422100/20055350/324855998.jpg
http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1883/8422100/20055350/324855964.jpg
http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1883/8422100/20055350/324855913.jpg
My regime hasnt changed since the first thread but pretty much I use Oyin products still. I use Pantene hydrating curls conditioner to co-wash and shine n define on my twist outs. I am almost 8 months in on July 19. I am very satisfied with my growth!
My pictoral diary (http://www.public.fotki.com/beenlyed2)
[/b]

Hey girl, where you been??? I was just thinking about you the other day b/c I know we went natural around the same time :) .

My hair routine has changed a bit

Henna once a month
Bentonite Clay treatment every 1-2 weeks
Leave-in (I am yet to find one that my hair truly loves..even after eight months so I am going back to trying to make my own products. I think I may be in love :wub: I revisited making flax seed gel and my hair is loving it so I'm going to try and make a leave in with it and see what happens. I'll be using flax seed, fenugreek seeds, aloe vera gel, irish moss, horsetail and marshmallow root..wish me luck ;)
Wear my hair in protective style (usually twists) 80% of the time

Here are my starting pics for this challenge:

http://images38.fotki.com/v1221/photos/1/1258650/6438765/DSC00741-vi.jpg

http://images38.fotki.com/v1213/photos/1/1258650/6438765/DSC00737-vi.jpg

NewbyNaps
07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Figured it was time for me to join my first challenge...so here it goes.

Current routine:

AM Regimen:

- No-Poo daily w/ Suave Humectant Conditioner
- Apply shea butter to hair and scalp massage for couple mins
- Spray lil homemade spritz
- Spray Aphogee leave-in-conditioner
- Apply aleo vera gel and off to work

PM Regimen:

- Steam hair in shower
- Apply homemade spritz
- Apply Wild growth oil to scalp and massage for couple mins
- Apply shea butter to hair
- Cover w/ plastic cap and satin cap ( I can't sleep directly on plastic cap)....bedtime!!!!

Transition: 2/2/08-6/28/08
BC'D: 6/28/08
Current length: 2 inches
Goal: 5 inches by Dec

red_980
07-10-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm in. I BC'd on June 28th. Since my hair is tapered in the back and sides, my hair is not the same length all over. I think the longest might be 3/4 of an inch.

Right now my routine is:

1. co-wash every other day with suave tropical coconut conditioner (wet hair with water on days that I don't co-wash)
2. spray hair with Sta-Sof-Fro
3. Rub in a little grapeseed oil
4. DC every week (add honey, olive oil, and chamomile to conditioner)
5.Wash as needed
[/b]

Edited:

2. spray hair with suave/distilled water/sweet almond oil leave-in spritz (and sometimes use JASONS aloe vera gel or IC sparklites gel) OR use Qhemet honeybush tea gel OR :) if I pick out my hair (very rarely) spray with Sta-Sof-Fro and seal with grapeseed oil
2.a. Rub Moe grow oil on my temples to fill in the thin spots completely
4. DC every week (add honey, olive oil, and maybe chamomile

Ms_Sneed
07-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I am mos def in on this.
I BC in June.
And I haven't been putting much effort in to my hair.
Time to fix that!

Ms_Sneed
07-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I am mos def in on this.
I BC in June.
And I haven't been putting much effort in to my hair.
Time to fix that!

Napptastic
07-11-2008, 03:57 AM
I think this would be good for me too, BC was May 12. I have about 2.5-3 inches when streched. I just leave it loose and try keeping it very simple. I try keeping my hands out of my head, but I'm so totally in love I cant help it sometimes. :wub:

-Pre-poo/shampoo/DC once a week
-co-wash every few days with aloe 80 cond
-add giovanni leave in

PM Routine:
-spritz with veggie glycerin/rosewatervitamin e oil mix
-cover up at night before i go to bed

This may get edited again, still working on finding the right products.

kymberleea1
07-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey girl, where you been??? I was just thinking about you the other day b/c I know we went natural around the same time :) .

My hair routine has changed a bit

Henna once a month
Bentonite Clay treatment every 1-2 weeks
Leave-in (I am yet to find one that my hair truly loves..even after eight months so I am going back to trying to make my own products. I think I may be in love :wub: I revisited making flax seed gel and my hair is loving it so I'm going to try and make a leave in with it and see what happens. I'll be using flax seed, fenugreek seeds, aloe vera gel, irish moss, horsetail and marshmallow root..wish me luck ;)
Wear my hair in protective style (usually twists) 80% of the time

Here are my starting pics for this challenge:

http://images38.fotki.com/v1221/photos/1/1258650/6438765/DSC00741-vi.jpg

http://images38.fotki.com/v1213/photos/1/1258650/6438765/DSC00737-vi.jpg
[/b]
I havent been on much due to summer school but im out now so I will be on much more. Your hair has grown a lot, WOW. You arent going to cut it this time are you? I dont think I will ever be able to do a BC again. This was traumatic for me, lol. I just try to keep it as healthy as ever. I thought about color again but im even scared to do that. I just dont want my hair to dry out!!! Love your pics!

EnlightenMe
07-13-2008, 08:59 PM
*Update*

Its been a month since I BC'd and I think I've had about 1/2 inch of growth.. So Im up to 2in now...:wub: I might get cornrolls or something this month. inno...I wanna do the least amout of manipulation to my hair as possible until I get to 4-5 inches... Im also taking Biotin once a day. Hopefully it won't make me break out...

shortdub78
07-15-2008, 11:16 AM
i know i'm a little late, but i would like to join too! my starting point is an inch and the back/sides are growing back from being faded. i'm glad my hair is this way because my texture is loose in the back and hangs down like a shag the longer it gets!. starting month 06/15/2008. that is the last time i got it cut. i just get linings now.

cowash once or twice a day (workout)
giovanni direct leave-in
fantasia ic gel blue or green
curl activator gel
QB heavy cream and balm

Maryah04
07-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi all :)
My BC was one month ago. My plan for this challenge is to:

co wash daily
shampoo/DC weekly
oil scalp as needed (Moe's growth oil)
slap on a headband and GO!!

I plan to use the least amount off manipulation as possible.

MONICA

ImageCoach
07-16-2008, 03:10 PM
It's only been a week, but I had to check in, because I'm in love with Qhemet Biologics products! :wub:

My current routine:
shampoo weekly (more often if I sweat a lot) with Qhemet Egyptian Wheatgrass Cleansing Tea
Condition with Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Cream (also used on my scalp)
Every other day - add more AOHC if hair feels dry (not all the time) plus massage scalp with pads of fingers

If my scalp starts to itch (I've had wicked bad dandruff in the past, which has eased considerably since I went napptural), I wash and pay special attention to my scalp.

I just ordered the Qhemet Tea Tree and Grapeseed Pomade, the Replenishing Mist, and the Honeybush gel so as my hair gets longer I can try other low-manipulation styles. I do comb my hair daily with a wide tooth comb, and use a pick if it seems uneven.

It's growing nicely - I can tell one side is growing faster, and my 'fro is getting a little uneven. I think I'm going to try flat twisting on Friday night and then release the twists to see how that looks. I'm probably going to leave it 'out' during the summer so I can wash as needed (I sweat a LOT in my head) but come fall I want to either put in yarn braids or twists to protect it from the New England winters. I'll be investing in scarves and wraps for winter as well - I've seen some really fly headwraps in NP member Fotki's! :wub:

lea23
07-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Hey ladies... My hair is about 4.5-6in long and I still consider it a TWA as well as in that inbetween awkward stage. I would love to join this challenge in hopes of growing and retaining length.

Routine:
I do not really have one. It has almost been a year and I am still trying to figure things out. I do co-wash and put in moisturizer.

Afrodisiac_W
07-17-2008, 08:15 PM
update:

yay. i have 2 inches at my crown (stretched of course). also, i have two inches of temple hair (the hair closest to my ear)

this week, i have been doing my protective thing with my wraps. in the morning, i wrap and go. at night, before i go to sleep, i massage/scritch in my mgo and put my satin thing on. i still acv, wash, and dc on the weekends.

Lockolatte
07-19-2008, 10:34 PM
bumping for more results

kysses2
07-20-2008, 06:28 AM
*UPDATE*

I finally grew some hair on my head so my routine has changed, But now I co-wash every other day or everyday, I use S-curl abd a whipped shealoe butter by hairveda and my hair stays soft for a couple of days! Now I am ready to buy some Make up,Jewerly, new outfits and get my Runway Stride on!

Also ladies in Houston I am seeing news reporter people and lawyers going the natural route and cutting their hair short! I feel so proud when I see that! I had been wearing a wig when I leave the house because I was completely bald but now I am getting ready to let the Teeeeenie Twa go on it's on and grow on out! LOL!!!

conskeeted
07-20-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm definitely IN!

My current routine:

Morning:

CoWash with VO5 Strawberries & Cream or Tea Therapy. 2nd wash with Pantene's Relaxed & Natural Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner
Apply BT (will switch this out with M.G.O. this week)
Spritz lightly with homemade spritz (distilled water, EVCO, Glycerin, Castor and Jojoba)
Apply ORS Olive Oil Incredibly Rich Moisturizing Hair Lotion (my hair LOVES that stuff)
Apply Kinky Curly's Curling Custard.

Afternoon
Few drops of jojoba, massage scalp

Night
Tie with scarf, sleep :)

I BC'd on June 21st 08 at which point my hair was about 2 inches all around. My hair is an average of 3 inches now (I've measured some 4 and 5 inch curls but also some 1 and 2 inch ones).

My goal is to have an even 6 inches on my head (stretched) by Christmas.

UrbainChic
07-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Hey girls!

I big chopped February 18th at the salon! we're on 5 months now!

I'm on my third big chop in 6 years (averaging about 2 years before a relax-and-regret moment) and FINALLY figuring out what works and what doesn't, and nappturality has definitely helped me a lot! I am determined to get back to having long hair like i did before i first relaxed, and even while my hair was crispy fried. I looooove long hair :wub: especially when its natural, but haven't had it in ages!

I dont have a real regimine, i am still figuring out what works

pretty much its :

Cowash every day or every few days if i dont have time.
Deep condish bi weekly or monthly if i forget
---- the deep condish is either a combo of conditioner and molasses honey and olive oil, or these items individually, ( still figuring out what works)
------ wrapped in a damp towel heated up for 1 minute 30 seconds in the microwave ( careful so you dont burn yourself) untill the towel is cold.

I dont know how to wrap my hair or un flatten it if i cover it when i sleep and all that stuff so pretty much thats it.

here is a bc pic and a pic from yesterday ( with a mini pony puff!!!!!! :D )

http://images41.fotki.com/v1254/photos/5/534903/6122520/P2180034-vi.jpg
http://images41.fotki.com/v1253/photos/5/534903/6122520/P7190005-vi.jpg

keepingfaith08
08-03-2008, 06:10 AM
*Update*

Its been a month since I BC'd and I think I've had about 1/2 inch of growth.. So Im up to 2in now...:wub: I might get cornrolls or something this month. inno...I wanna do the least amout of manipulation to my hair as possible until I get to 4-5 inches... Im also taking Biotin once a day. Hopefully it won't make me break out...
[/b]

I take Biotin as well, and I think it helps a lot! I just did my BC to where my hair was pretty much non-existent and my hair is already 1/4" in just a week!

*UPDATE*

I finally grew some hair on my head so my routine has changed, But now I co-wash every other day or everyday, I use S-curl abd a whipped shealoe butter by hairveda and my hair stays soft for a couple of days! Now I am ready to buy some Make up,Jewerly, new outfits and get my Runway Stride on!

Also ladies in Houston I am seeing news reporter people and lawyers going the natural route and cutting their hair short! I feel so proud when I see that! I had been wearing a wig when I leave the house because I was completely bald but now I am getting ready to let the Teeeeenie Twa go on it's on and grow on out! LOL!!!
[/b]

I'm feelin' the teeeeeenie twa lol!

lea23
08-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Update:

To be more specific I use Dove daily intense moisture conditioner for my daily cowash. Qhemets AOHC for my moisturizer.

when I do my weekly wash I use Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner ( my SO likes the way it smells and my hair likes it) then twist with AOHC.

here is a pic of my washed hair:
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa127/apple_lea/IMG_1550-1.jpg

kysses2
08-03-2008, 11:35 PM
UPDATE: I had to take the shealoe out of my hair routine, because it was making my hair feel oily and I only used a tad bit, But now it is just S-curl in my regimen as for moisture, It is almost 3 months since I was Bald so I need to do a 3 month pic. LOL!! I am happy to hear all of you are having great success!!

KinkyCoils
08-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I think I'm going to join this challenge. I was in the previous challenge last year. Due to some breakage and cutting the fro I think it would be best for me to join in...lol Currently I have 2-5 inches of hair depending on where you measure.

Here's my rountine:

~Co-wash daily or every other day w/ Vo5 moisture milk (passion fruit)
~Deep condition every two weeks
~Shampoo every month (NasabbTeawynn)
~Pre-poo every month (coconut/molasses mix)
~retwist or some other protective style

I'm trying to keep it simple. My routine may change but for now this is it. I'm currently rockin' micro twists.

kysses2
08-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Well Ladies! my 3 month growth is in my avitar & siggy, I am on my way to getting that Lushful Fro LOL!! I will keep these up until November then in November I will add another pic to my strip, that will be six months by then. I started Bald and you can see the shine LOL!! So that is my update!

Twixxy
08-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I am in and I just BC again July 31, 2008. My fotki shows what it looked like when I first cut it. I can tell it is growing by the touch. Here is my current routine:

Take Biotin 3x daily (as instructed by dermatologist)
Rinse Hair every two days with just water
Wash hair once a week on Saturday with Creme of Nature Shampoo and Conditioner mixed with olive oil and leave-in conditioner (JUST FOR ME)
Use twice daily ( at night and in the morning) my leave-in conditioner(JUST FOR ME) mixed with olive oil and olive oil reconstructor
Brush once daily in the morning before going out
tie up nightly with a satin scarf and sleep on a satin pillow just in case my scarf end up on the floor(AS IT OFTEN DOES)

Goal: From Baldie to 2 inches by Dec 31, 2008!!!!

shortdub78
10-25-2008, 10:01 PM
bumping! :rolleyes:

i want to keep this going, since there are people out there that recently bc'd and need some encouragement or just a place to keep up with their progress. :D

i have been having pj attacks lately, but i haven't bought too much stuff. i just bought some things i need to just keep my hair moisturized. the QB burdock root cream is really good, if you like water-based products. my hair really likes this and it gives a soft defined look to my texture. i have been battling with myself to do something different with my hair, but i just got other things to do right now, so if it happens it happens.
my hair seems to be growing good. i trimmed off a lot last month, so i should not have to trim any time in the near future. i think i'm going to start styling it more when it grows out a little longer. that might be around the beginning of next year. i will just stick with my wash and gos.
i need to start taking pics again.

how is everyone else doing?

afro_puff_sista2
10-26-2008, 03:40 PM
i also want this board to continue. right now my hair is in kinky twists for a protective style. im co washing once a week and deep conditioning every two weeks.

shortdub78
10-26-2008, 07:16 PM
i also want this board to continue. right now my hair is in kinky twists for a protective style. im co washing once a week and deep conditioning every two weeks.
[/b]

girl, i'm scared of kinky twists. extentions always cut into my hair. i thought about getting some, but i don't want to damage my hair line or hair. how are you able to deep condition with them? and how is your hairline doing?

NowIamnappy
10-27-2008, 02:52 PM
I think I can officially be out of this challenge my hair is about 6 to 6 1/2 inches. My routine had changed as during the summer I would do daily cowashes and baggying my hair most night then once I realized I could wear twists for about 4 or 5 days I would leave them in as a protective style then rock the twistout for two days then twist it back up. I'm currently in braids which I cowash at least twice a week. Have fun to all the ladies who are still in on this challenge.

DaBlackLady
10-27-2008, 04:49 PM
:whistling: I haven't been on this board in a while...

But I'll be joining this challenge. I cut my hair off two months ago and have been doing extremely low maintenance on my hair:

1. Co-washes every day
2. Moeshealoe
3. Wrap my hair and go about my business.

Every couple weeks I do an acv or clarifying shampoo to clear up buildup and then a honey and EVOO conditioning.

I wish I had pictures of when I first cut my hair. The most I have is a picture of me one month later at a wedding.