PDA

View Full Version : Twa Blow Out With No Heat

ReddyLoques
04-05-2004, 02:50 AM
By accident I gave myself a great afro blowout this weekend with no heat. :d)

I no-pooed as usual with V05 extra body conditioner, brushed it like krazy in the shower with my Denman D3 brush, rinsed, lightly towel dried, applied a little more conditioner, and brushed again with the Denman brush. Usually at this point i'd just let it air dry, spray it with a glycerin based product, and pick out the afro.. put on my headband and go..

However yesterday I had to leave the crib early, and I didn't want to go out with a wet head into the cold weather. So I brushed it a little more, so it was slick down on my head, and then I tied it up super tight with a bandanna, threw a hat on top, and went about my day..

At the end of the day when I got back home, I took off the hat and bandanna, and was totally suprised when I looked at my hair. It was still slicked down, stretched out to the maximum, and darn near no shrinkage at all.. It was a little hard so I sprayed it with glycerin, then used the afro pic to lift it up gently.. Today I had so much fluff-n-puff going I didn't know what to do, it appeared to double in length, and I didn't know I had that much hair growth. First time I could see it with no shrinkage.. My mom looked at at and commented on how fluffy and much longer it looked.. It was so fluffy and wild I had to pat it down to make it look a little more shrunken.

I guess this is an example of banding and stretching, cuz my hair is still not long enough to band the regular way, with braids and wraps.
I wont be doing it every day, but perhaps once a week, for a switch from the usual shrunken TWA look. I love my 4b/a nappy shrunken afro more everyday, but that banded-blown-out-fluff is going to be my best friend when my hair is long enuff for a pony-puff.. :rainfro

Ebony
04-05-2004, 02:53 AM
I've done this before, but usually just the middle to top of my head will have a "blown-out" look.

The back usually will have shrinkage, but no biggie.

scrappydoo
04-05-2004, 02:55 AM
I have a TWA too, about 4 inches stretched, and it looks good in roller sets. That stretches it out, but gives the hair bigger curls. You should try it one day.

MissLisa
04-05-2004, 03:47 AM
I do a variation of what Reddy does. I always use my Denman in the shower when I know I'm going to wear a "stretched" fro style. I brush conditioner through my hair and then rinse. Once my hair is stretched it tends to stay stretched, so I just towel dry a bit, pick it out and let it air dry. Voila! Almost no shrinkage. I might have to try the bandanna idea though, for experimentation purposes.

Button2004
04-05-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by scrappydoo@Apr 4 2004, 09:55 PM
I have a TWA too, about 4 inches stretched, and it looks good in roller sets. That stretches it out, but gives the hair bigger curls. You should try it one day.
could u tell more about these roller setz???i am curious... :-P