PDA

View Full Version : Protein shakes for building muscles?

Tickietee
01-24-2003, 09:25 PM
I am trying to build and tone my muscles Has any one tried this before if so, does it work?

winter
01-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I use to be on a high protein diet to build muscle mass. I use to drink Isopure from GNC and some other protein drink (I can't remember the name but it came in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla) in the middle of my workouts.

To answer your question, yes they really work. Most importantly, I lift heavy weights and saw major results.

MyssTress
01-24-2003, 11:36 PM
Yes, I've used protein shakes w/my workout and yes they work. They help in repairing the muscle, plus your muscles need protein to grow.

Most protein shakes don't taste all that good to me, but I really like Lean Body For Her by Labrada www.leanbodyforher.com

You can get fitness products cheaper at www.musclemaster.com

MyssTress
01-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Lean Body For Her doesn't seem to be available at musclemaster anymore, I sent them an email to make sure, but they still have great prices :D.

Another site for fitness products is www.netrition.com they have the Lean Body For Her for $29.95.

twistedmama
01-25-2003, 04:54 AM
@MyssTress,
Thanks for the info on the protein shakes. I currently have stopped eating meat and need protein supplements for my workouts.

LadyD
01-25-2003, 10:13 PM
A year ago I was on a high protein diet as well. I was using Lean Body (I later realized they had Lean Body for Her) but I used half a package when doing my mixture along with rice milk.

Along with cardio and weight training, I found the shakes help alot in building muscle mass and losing weight.

I plan to try it again - just need to re-dedicate myself

Tickietee
01-26-2003, 02:25 AM
Got another questions, do you use the shakes as a meal replacement or use them before the weight training or workout. :lol:

skchocolate
02-24-2003, 04:15 AM
i have been taking tae kwon doe two to three times a week and i lift once a week and desire muscles and muscle definition so bad. my boyfriend keeps telling me your to little to get muscles. some people bodies just dont muscle up. i think he hating but i was wondering about protein shakes so i will be trying it. i read someone said that they dont tatse very well does anyone know one that works well and dont taste horrible????

NaturalLove
02-24-2003, 01:46 PM
I have 100% soy protein mix I purchased from Vitaminshoppe.com. It taste decent when mixed with some soy milk and is relatively inexpensive.