View Full Version : Slippery Elm

msamuels
06-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi ladies, I heard a little about slippery elm and it's mucilage benefits but I wanted to know if anyone has used it in their hair as a final rinse?

S.Supreme
06-27-2008, 12:32 PM
I use it for deep conditioning in a hair mask. Due to it being highly mucilaginous, it leaves the hair very soft and should work well in a rinse.

mj11051
06-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks I have some and I was wondering how to use it.

ETA: What's your recipe for the hair mask? Thanks

msamuels
06-27-2008, 05:08 PM
I use it for deep conditioning in a hair mask. Due to it being highly mucilaginous, it leaves the hair very soft and should work well in a rinse.
[/b]

So do you just boil it, let sit and cool (mucialge form) and put it on the hair(dry) and let it sit? Do you mix anything else with it? And after your finished with the hair mask do you put conditioner in and rinse out?

S.Supreme
06-28-2008, 02:52 AM
Thanks I have some and I was wondering how to use it.
ETA: What's your recipe for the hair mask? Thanks
[/b]

So do you just boil it, let sit and cool (mucialge form) and put it on the hair(dry) and let it sit? Do you mix anything else with it? And after your finished with the hair mask do you put conditioner in and rinse out?
[/b]

I just bumped my herbal hair mask recipe. If you don't have all the herbs used in the recipe feel free to substitute with what you do have.

There is no need to use any extra conditioner after this mask, it conditions very well. I just apply it, wrap my head in plastic or use a plastic bonnet and allow it to work it's magic for about an hour. I rinse and apply any styling product or pomade/oil I might be using while slightly damp. Voila!