Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have bought three of Miss Jessie's hair producst: Reconstructive Conditioner/Unscented Curly Pudding and Baby Buttercreme. I have used two of the products: Reconstructive Conditioner and Baby Buttercreme. I thought this problem was my imagination but based on how I've used these products I'm beginning to think that the problem is with the products. I have used the BBC at least three times and after each use, when combing my hair, I have noticed a significant amount of hair in my comb--balls of hair. The same thing happened with the Conditioner. I have used it at least twice, most recently yesterday, and each time when combing my hair I have combed out balls of hair. That happened this morning which prompted me to post a topic about it. I have experimented with the time frame with the BBC just to rule out any possibilities of any other product involvement. I use Qhemet's products, Redking shampoo only. These products are constants. Each and every time I've tried to use Miss Jessie's products I have had the "hair in comb" problem that I NEVER have with Qhemets or any other product use in the past. These products are expensive and I hate to throw them out based on this but if this is a problem that's what I'll have to do. I posted this topic to see if any one else has ever experienced this problem.

Curlyque
    "Be kind to people on your way up because you will meet the same people on your way down"

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used one of Miss Jessies products (that tiny jar of the Buttercreme) and I just didn't like it. It was super oily and greasy and took 3-4 washes to get out. I can't recall if I had a lot of hair loss though.

I'm sorry that you're losing hair from this product. I totally understand because I have this issue with some products. I say just stop using this ASAP. It sucks because that stuff is very pricey but I'd rather you lose the money than to continue losing your hair.

There may be someone on here or that you know IRL that you can sell or give it to. At least that way it won't feel like a total loss.
    GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used one of Miss Jessies products (that tiny jar of the Buttercreme) and I just didn't like it. It was super oily and greasy and took 3-4 washes to get out. I can't recall if I had a lot of hair loss though.

I'm sorry that you're losing hair from this product. I totally understand because I have this issue with some products. I say just stop using this ASAP. It sucks because that stuff is very pricey but I'd rather you lose the money than to continue losing your hair.

There may be someone on here or that you know IRL that you can sell or give it to. At least that way it won't feel like a total loss.
    [/b]

Thanks, bhop13:

Yeah, I know about the price issue! That's why I, periodically, kept trying to use the products because I thought that maybe I was wrong. I think that there may be some ingredient in those products that doesnt sit well with my hair. I'm reluctant to toss jars of stuff that cost over $30.00 so I will try to swap/sell or give away these products AND thanks for mentioning the greasiness! I thought that was just my experience with the product too but it's evidently one of the problems with Miss Jessie's stuff too.

Curlyque
    "Be kind to people on your way up because you will meet the same people on your way down"

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No prob. the Miss Jessies experience is exactly why I bought that little baby jar of Buttercreme and will just buy little containers of stuff. I just sucked it up and used it up one weekend because I refused to let it go to waste, lol. But then I couldn't wait to get it out my hair. It makes my curls cute but overall it wasn't worth it.
    GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry you had a bad experience w/MJ products. Everything aint for everybody. I would immediately discontinue use and go with what works on your hair-the Qhemet. Qhemet doesn't work well in my hair. But if you would like to sell your products, I'm a willing buyer. Let me know if you want to sell them...
    ALBUM UPDATED 08/29/08, CHECK IT OUT!

www.fotki.com/mzpoetic

password: curlynaps

last album Sept-Dec password: nappycurls

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have bought three of Miss Jessie's hair producst: Reconstructive Conditioner/Unscented Curly Pudding and Baby Buttercreme. I have used two of the products: Reconstructive Conditioner and Baby Buttercreme. I thought this problem was my imagination but based on how I've used these products I'm beginning to think that the problem is with the products. I have used the BBC at least three times and after each use, when combing my hair, I have noticed a significant amount of hair in my comb--balls of hair. The same thing happened with the Conditioner. I have used it at least twice, most recently yesterday, and each time when combing my hair I have combed out balls of hair. That happened this morning which prompted me to post a topic about it. I have experimented with the time frame with the BBC just to rule out any possibilities of any other product involvement. I use Qhemet's products, Redking shampoo only. These products are constants. Each and every time I've tried to use Miss Jessie's products I have had the "hair in comb" problem that I NEVER have with Qhemets or any other product use in the past. These products are expensive and I hate to throw them out based on this but if this is a problem that's what I'll have to do. I posted this topic to see if any one else has ever experienced this problem.
    Curlyque
    [/b]

no amount of money paid for a product is worth you losing your hair. if its damaging your scalp and hair, i recommend letting it go.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry you had a bad experience w/MJ products. Everything aint for everybody. I would immediately discontinue use and go with what works on your hair-the Qhemet. Qhemet doesn't work well in my hair. But if you would like to sell your products, I'm a willing buyer. Let me know if you want to sell them...
    [/b]

Hey, thank you.

I'm thinking about just giving away the used stuff with just a payment for S/H and selling the unopened CP.

Curlyque

no amount of money paid for a product is worth you losing your hair. if its damaging your scalp and hair, i recommend letting it go.
    [/b]
    Girrrrllll!

You are so right about that but that money kept flashing up in front of my eyes :lol: so that's why I would wait a bit and try it again because I wanted to believe that it was something else. Ohhhh..I'm with you on that one because after this last time I put all of the stuff in the refrigerator (for keeps) and said "I'm done".

Curlyque

[/b]

Totally agree which is why I popped everything back into the refrigerator. I'm through with trying.

CQ

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure you don't want anything for it but shipping and handling? DOn't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to pay just shipping and handling, but MJ products are pricey. Just let me know how much and I'll get you my information and check! lol Do you have PayPal?
    ALBUM UPDATED 08/29/08, CHECK IT OUT!

www.fotki.com/mzpoetic

password: curlynaps

last album Sept-Dec password: nappycurls

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother had the BBc and stopped using it because she said she believes its making her hair thin. She said she was fine until she started using it but has noticed thining since using it so she stopped.
    My blog Divine Kinkz
    My guilty reading pleasure Oh No She Didn't!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother had the BBc and stopped using it because she said she believes its making her hair thin. She said she was fine until she started using it but has noticed thining since using it so she stopped.
    [/b]

OH HELL NO! Are you kidding me? See, it's not just me. I'm wondering if one or two of those ingredients in their products (even maybe three or four) is not doing what it's supposed to do. I believe that it's something in their some of their products.

CQ

Are you sure you don't want anything for it but shipping and handling? DOn't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to pay just shipping and handling, but MJ products are pricey. Just let me know how much and I'll get you my information and check! lol Do you have PayPal?
    [/b]

LOL :lol: The reason why I said that is because it's used. I'm of the opinion some people might not take too kindly to that. I'm not on Paypal but I'll look into it.

CQ

Ms. Poetic:
    LOL! I just assumed nobody would want to pay for the products that have been used. I don't have Paypal but I will look into it.
    CQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast