Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Hey Nappy Fam! Hows everyone?? Well, I finally did my BC last friday (week and a half ago) and I ended up getting some kinky twists to pass the time. I feel so anxiousss now though. I want my hair to grow quick so I can wear it long and nappy . Any suggestions to hair products that will speed up hair growth and stop itching. My edges are gone so I'ma work on those during the transition as well. Also, I would like to try a variety of braided styles because I'll probably get tired of the kinky twists eventually, anyone have and ideas?? Feel free to post pics and any suggestions. Thanks Guys.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Nappy Fam! Hows everyone?? Well, I finally did my BC last friday (week and a half ago) and I ended up getting some kinky twists to pass the time. I feel so anxiousss now though. I want my hair to grow quick so I can wear it long and nappy . Any suggestions to hair products that will speed up hair growth and stop itching. My edges are gone so I'ma work on those during the transition as well. Also, I would like to try a variety of braided styles because I'll probably get tired of the kinky twists eventually, anyone have and ideas?? Feel free to post pics and any suggestions. Thanks Guys.
    [/b]
    Congrats on the BC! Just a few words of wisdom...if you are going to wear extentions be sure that they arent causing stress on your edges. Don't get them redone too often as this could cause too much stress on the hair and lead to breakage. This could be a big mistake...nothing is worse than having a head full of nappy glory and no edges. To encourage growth of your edges...Try this: go to a health food store and get some peppermint oil. Get a spray bottle, fill it with water and put about 10-16 drops of peppermint oil in the spray bottle. Shake well. Every morning and night before you go to bed, spray the peppermint oil mixture on those edges where there is no hair. Then lightly massage it in. It will begin to tingle.(peppermint oil encourages hair growth). Also, try adding a few drops of peppermint oil to your conditioner or shampoo (or both) that way your scalp can be stimulated the time when you massage your scalp the most(during the shampoo or conditioning process).

As a newbie...Try wearing your new found natural glory without the extentions...you will feel so liberated! Dont think about your hair growing it it will grow! It kinda like watching a plant grow...you won't see the growth unless you have time and patience, but with proper care and maintanance, you will see your hard work pay off. Also remember that our hair tends to shrink because of our curl pattern. Think of it like a bed spring...LOL So when you may feel like your hair isnt growing, remember shrinkage is deceptive! HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

<div align="center">[url="http://members.fotki.com/MsFierceIntellectual/"]Check out my Fotki[/url]</div>

<div align="center">[b]It is better to trust in the[color=#993399] LORD[/color] than to put confidence in man."[color=#CC33CC]Psalms 118:8[/color][/b]</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrats on the BC!
    "Love is patient and kind, Love is not jealous, conceited, proud or boastful, it is not arrogant, selfish, irritable or rude. Love does not keep a record of wrongs. Love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth, Love never gives up , and its faith, hope and patience never fail. Love is eternal." - 1 Corinthians 13 :))

MoNappy28-Holla! http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/soulstar79/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on your BC. I agree to avoid putting too much stress on those edges.
    [SIZE=2]Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, And today is a gift that is why it is called the present.
    [/SIZE]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/Naphappens/"]New Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on your BC and, I agree, be careful with the extensions...I ended up with almost the entire front of my head broken down to the scalp from too much weight/stress on the roots from loc extensions. Not saying that this is going to happen to you but just be careful and treat your natural hair with love and respect and enjoy where it takes you!
    "The 1st step to wisdom is silence, the 2nd step is listening." ~Unknown~

http://twitter.com/TheNappyGirl

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, to be fair they did say that "marketers are waking up to it", which implies that we were beautiful all along and marketers were sleeping on us. Might that not actually be true, at least for the recent past?
    [/b]
    Congrats on the BC!

I agree with others on not stressing your edges and roots too much. As for speeding up hair growth, well...I don&#39;t think you should necessarily force it. Our hair is smart, it know what to do...we just have to be sure to properly nurture it so that we don&#39;t hinder the process. The state of our hair has alot to do with what&#39;s going on INSIDE of our bodies, as well as out. So i&#39;d recommend drinking as much water as possible, having a substantial amount of vitamin intake, and properly monitering exercise, health issues, and stress.

As for what to do externally, daily scalp massages may be of assistance in stimulating blood flow, as well as moisturizing regularly to ensure your tresses don&#39;t dry out and become weak and damaged. Sometimes we don&#39;t see substantial hair growth, not because our hair isn&#39;t actually growing, but because the strands are breaking and the growth isn&#39;t actually being retained. So I say if you are properly caring for the hair that you already do have, then growth will fall in line accordingly. Just takes a lil time & patience

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont really use much products so i cant help with that, just wanted to say welcome to the natural side

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations!! I&#39;ve found that sometimes it&#39;s better to not get too carried away with the products b/c less is more but definitely be careful with the braids being too tight, especially around the hairline and temple area.
    Last CFC: 5-30-06
    I Big Chopped: 9-23-06
    Check out [url="http://public.fotki.com/miss-kn/"]My Fotki[/url] last updated Oct 5, 2006 password: natural

hanako is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations on your big chop!
    [b]The pleasures outside our mind give us quick fixes but have side effects. The true source of happiness is not out there. It is in you. - Kelsang Chogden</span>[/i]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast