Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KemetCandy View Post
    I tried the Maka powder after reading this post. It made my face break out!!!!. I will never try any other indian herbs. Not for me. I'm very dissapointed.
    No offense to you, but dont' get mad at the Maka powder for breaking your face out. You should've done better research.

I've never (as of yet) read of heard of using Maka on the face. I use neem and tulsi and I've had great results with it. Sorry the Maka made your face breakout, but don't get up on the benefits of ayurveda just yet.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post I also have alopecia

I have never used any sort of powders for my alopecia. My doctor only prescribed steroids.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lost almost all of my hair due to weaves, colors, and relaxers. It got to the point where I had to wear a wig to cover the baldness. I eventually went to a dermatologolist and was diagnosed with dermatitis and alopecia was a result of the dermatitis. Dermatitis was just an allergic reaction that I was having with the chemicals that I was putting into my hair. Alopecia is just a scientific term for hair loss. My scalp was "shiny bald" at the top. I had to recieve steroid injections as was as apply topical steroids to my scalp. seven months later, I have a natural full afro and have not thought once about going back to the the chemicals.

I have written a blog about my journey and you can view it if you like. I have pictures from my bald days to present.

http://creamy-crack.blogspot.com/

Sincerely,
    Cheree901
    Memphis, TN

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NasdaqDiva, how do you use them? Do you use them alone or mix them with other powders/oils?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that's great!
    [url="http://www.myspace.com/lush_afro_bush_since1997"]http://www.myspace.com/lush_afro_bush_since1997[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuyanesePrincess View Post
    NasdaqDiva, how do you use them? Do you use them alone or mix them with other powders/oils?
    Majority of the time, it's a watery paste. I like amla, maka, and brahmi together. 1-2 spoonfuls of each. Take 1C hot water, and let it sit and brew for about 1hr or so, then I wet my hair (it was pre-oiled overnight with EVCO) then I apply the mixture..rub into my scalp though it's on my entire head. Most times I leave it on for 45min and then I rinse, rinse, rinse..rinse some more, then I do a co-wash. Voila!

There have been a few times where I'd take the same spoonful amounts and mix it in with conditioner instead of water. The conditioner method is much less messy than the water. Either way my hair is strong and moisturized!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cheree901 View Post
    I have never used any sort of powders for my alopecia. My doctor only prescribed steroids.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lost almost all of my hair due to weaves, colors, and relaxers. It got to the point where I had to wear a wig to cover the baldness. I eventually went to a dermatologolist and was diagnosed with dermatitis and alopecia was a result of the dermatitis. Dermatitis was just an allergic reaction that I was having with the chemicals that I was putting into my hair. Alopecia is just a scientific term for hair loss. My scalp was "shiny bald" at the top. I had to recieve steroid injections as was as apply topical steroids to my scalp. seven months later, I have a natural full afro and have not thought once about going back to the the chemicals.

I have written a blog about my journey and you can view it if you like. I have pictures from my bald days to present.

Sincerely,
    Cheree901
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks for being brave enough to share your experience. You are truly an inspiration, and I am praying for your continued success with your hair. You are beautiful!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

When I was following Ayurveda, I just took all of my powers ( Amla, Shikakai, Brahmi, Tulsi and more...) and mixed them all up in a giant ziploc bag...

I had MAJOR hairgrowth...and my hair has not thrived as well since I stopped.... I have braids in now & as soon as I take them out, Im going back to my Ayurvedics

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cheree901 View Post

Sincerely,
    Cheree901
    Memphis, TN
    Looking good gurl, I'm so glad you did not let your condition stop you or disencourage you from striving toward that healthy crown on your head. Keep up the good work!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PassionFruitPF View Post
    When I was following Ayurveda, I just took all of my powers ( Amla, Shikakai, Brahmi, Tulsi and more...) and mixed them all up in a giant ziploc bag...

I had MAJOR hairgrowth...and my hair has not thrived as well since I stopped.... I have braids in now & as soon as I take them out, Im going back to my Ayurvedics
    How did you use these powders? I'm trying to grow my nape area
    Did BC Feb 2009 after 28 yrs of curly perms. Ditched wig June 2010 ,wearing flat twists & puff.Avatar me & my new BAA. Use Kinky Curly in summer & Qhemet or Shea Moisture Yucca in fall & winter. This winter is very harsh & caused dryness & breakage so I went back to wigs as protective style & using grease for first time since the 70s : Dax & Blue Magic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12