Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting topic IvoryNappy!

i was interested in the Air force but since have calmed down in my search due to the hair reason. Granted I wanted to enter as a officer, (after my bachelors) but I didn't want to toss the coin whether my uppers would be "Cool with it or not"

and your loced! awesome!
    Love IS pain: I think I found my painful love and don't know what to do with it
    Currently: Loced 12/18/09.
    albums, under construction!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am so happy to see a thread like this. i was formerly in the military. at the time i entered i was 17 and had locs. i cut them while i was in bootcamp while during warrior week when we were doing the tactical exercises (sleeping in the tent, all that dirt and mud, sweating, not bathing, ect...). my hair was a wreak and i just couldn't care for it like i wanted to. plus my locs were very very thick and i just could not keep them with in regs. they were always harping on me about them. ugh!!! so its nice to know that there are natural ladies (especially locked ladies) in the military. for the time i was in the military, i just kept my hair in a ceasar because it was just easier.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the Coast Guard and have been in for 8 years now. I bc'd Feb 09 and now I wear my hair mostly in twists like in my avatar. Sometimes I put my hair in big twists and pin them up. I do have two albums here on NP but none of the pics are work pics. I think this is a great thread and look forward to seeing more.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your responses. From what I've seen and know we have got to support each other especailly for those naturals who are "considering" signing up. They need to see us Natuarals who are in and doing it right now.
    My Blog: http://locability.blogspot.com
    IT'S NOT ENOUGH TO REGISTER and VOTE; your DONATIONS are an important part of the process too. (Even those who CAN'T vote, CAN DONATE; remember MONEY TALKS!)

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx the links were very helpful.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i WISH my locs were authorized in uniform...but they're not (navy)...so i stick to wigs at work...and when im off duty...the wig comes off too! lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been in the Air Force for 5 years and I usually wear my hair box braided or two strand twisted. Pm me your name if you like; I have tons of pictures on facebook! And I also make videos but I prefer the smaller crowd of fb rather than the WORLD of YouTube. :-)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Niauey, "Mahalo" that's exactly what's needed. Style pictures of those who are and have done it.

@ Kykrox, I've heard of folks "covering" their SLs with 2STs or braids. I don't know if thats and option for you, but I thought I'd through that out there (it may benefit someone else to read this).
    My Blog: http://locability.blogspot.com
    IT'S NOT ENOUGH TO REGISTER and VOTE; your DONATIONS are an important part of the process too. (Even those who CAN'T vote, CAN DONATE; remember MONEY TALKS!)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually currently deployed but I have a 2-3 inch TWA. I also think that what style you can rock depends on your branch. Air Force (which I am in) are very lenient. I have no problems with keep my hair moisturized while deployed. I did have to switch my washing schedule because since it's winter it is very drying to my hair. Other than that, I think being deployed natural is no different (if not better) than when I was relaxed. I agree with KeritaD...I am trying to stay away from "adding hair."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately the Air Force doesn't allow locs or I would have opted for that route.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast