Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Help for a newbie to the napptural lifestyle and homemade products

I LOVE LOVE LOVE you all. I'm getting soooo much information to help me as I begin my journey to being a napptural woman. I have always eaten organic and purchased organic products, but for some reason I never considered natural stuff for my hair. So, I've been reading on here today and discovered the use of honey and EVOO as a pre-poo thing. So, let me ask someone, why do I need to pre-poo. If I put honey and EVOO in my hair before I co-wash, isn't that defeating the purpose to wash it out of my hair.

Someone please explain. I'm starting from square one here. Thanks.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey curlkink1! I have read so many of these forums, and when it all comes down to it, you have to find out what will work for your hair. Personally, I wouldn't apply the honey evoo mix until after i washed and conditioned my hair. Honey is a humectant, and it will attract moisture to your hair. The oil will help to seal in that moisture. Why add it first, and then wash it out? I choose not to pre-poo. Maybe you could try a pre-poo and see what it does, but you could also just use a more gentle, shampoo that doesn't strip away your natural oils...
    I want to make my place in the world as a creative who is constantly growing and producing fruit. I want my creative ideas and endeavors to live, and not die in the pages of old moleskine notebooks....