Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm gonna chop (again) myself. Come HELP ME!

I'm oh so sick of my hair, if I were to attempt to cut it myself what/how would you suggest? Scissors (I'm pretty sure we have some hair shears around that came with a clipper set of DH's)? Clippers?

I don't have the time (or desire) to do my hair right now (high stress level/low hours of sleep ratio + 11 month old baby), nor do I have the disposable income to pay someone to do it for me

My hair grows SUPAFAST, I really do think this is best right now but I need a quick "how-to" on the DIY big chop! This will be my 3rd, so there are no "relaxed ends" to cut off. My hair is in two strand twists, but I have about an inch or two of new growth because while I can co-wash them in the shower, I don't have the time to take down and retwist

I've searched but haven't found a thread outlining how to DIY...even if you can point me in the direction of a good YT tutorial it'll be much appreciated!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Wet hair is much easier to cut than dry hair. Start with freshly shampooed, tangle-free hair. Keep a bottle of water with a spray nozzle nearby so that you can dampen your hair if it begins to dry while you are working on it.
    2. Be sure that your scissors are nice and sharp to avoid pulling your hair. If you plan to cut your hair on a regular basis, it will be worth investing in a good quality pair of scissors, shears, or clippers designed specifically for use on hair.
    3. You might even want to get a RoboCut, a great haircutting system. No matter what style you choose, cut a little at a time, especially if you are a beginner. You can always cut it a little shorter, but once you've gone too short, all you can do is wait for it to grow back!
    4. Simple styles are best for home hair cuts. The easiest cut will be one length everywhere. Decide on an overall length (it's a good idea to measure your hair when you have a cut that you find especially flattering) and then grab your ruler. Working in small sections, comb your hair straight out from your scalp and hold a section smoothly between your index and middle fingers. Measure to the desired length and carefully snip off the excess. Continue in this manner until you have cut all of your hair. This method works equally well for both men and women, with long hair or [COLOR=#009600! important][COLOR=#009600! important]short [COLOR=#009600! important]hair[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. The length of the chosen cut can vary from quite short to shoulder length and beyond.
    5. Another idea for a simple, yet attractive cut is to lean over and comb all of your wet hair straight forward. Smooth sections of your hair through your fingers and cut all hair in one straight line across. Be sure to work in small sections and continue from one side to the other. Double check to see that the cut feels pretty even and then stand upright. Part your hair in the middle and comb it straight down. Run small sections of your hair between your index and middle fingers to see if there are any long pieces. If you find some, carefully snip off the excess.
    6. If you have curly hair, be sure to cut your hair considerably longer than the desired finished length. [COLOR=#009600! important][COLOR=#009600! important]Curls[/COLOR][/COLOR] shrink up quite a bit as they dry, so you must allow for this. If your hair is very thick or coarse, hold very small sections of hair for trimming. Trying to cut too much hair at once, especially for thick hair, can make the hair bend between the blades of the scissors, instead of cutting evenly
    i found this on howtodothings.com
    it helped me alot
    WHATEVER IT IS.... I PROBABLY DID IT

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!