Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hair help!

I still need help. I'm not even sure what a co-wash is. I wake up with my hair matted together and it is crunchy and dry! I used cream of nature shampoo (listening to a girl on youtube about her favorite natural hair care products). I wake up and put a little coconut oil (which I have to stop using because it has petroleum in it), olive oil spray and t-tree oil. I tried the Olive Oil replenshing pak and let it sit for 45 minutes to and hour with no heat. It's a little soft afterwards but gets back dry again. I've been doing trial an error for the past three months and still have not found the right shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer or deep conditioner. My hair has stopped growing. I need help you guys. Like I stated earlier I have no whole foods store, natural hair care store or target. I'm going crazy here and I'm about to cut my hair off again and start over. HELP!!!!!! P.S. I cannot find coconut milk anywhere.
    "If I could block the moon and rob the sun from the sky, my love for you would still shine through me somehow. And if the rain won't fade away, my love would still soar." Queen of Sanity

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still need help. I'm not even sure what a co-wash is. I wake up with my hair matted together and it is crunchy and dry! I used cream of nature shampoo (listening to a girl on youtube about her favorite natural hair care products). I wake up and put a little coconut oil (which I have to stop using because it has petroleum in it), olive oil spray and t-tree oil. I tried the Olive Oil replenshing pak and let it sit for 45 minutes to and hour with no heat. It's a little soft afterwards but gets back dry again. I've been doing trial an error for the past three months and still have not found the right shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer or deep conditioner. My hair has stopped growing. I need help you guys. Like I stated earlier I have no whole foods store, natural hair care store or target. I'm going crazy here and I'm about to cut my hair off again and start over. HELP!!!!!! P.S. I cannot find coconut milk anywhere
    "If I could block the moon and rob the sun from the sky, my love for you would still shine through me somehow. And if the rain won't fade away, my love would still soar." Queen of Sanity

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a co wash is washing your hair with conditioner. get you some mayo and deep condition with that. get you some castor oil and use that after you deep condition. i use vinegar to wash with sometimes.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By coconut oil do you mean coconut oil grease that comes in a tub? If so, yep. It's either petroleum based or mineral oil based. Real coconut oil itself isn't mixed with other ingredients. It can be found in some grocery stores. It's a good alternative if your hair likes oils.

By olive oil spray do you mean ORS olive oil spray that comes in a tall green spray can? It's number 1 ingredient is mineral oil which is not great for our hair.

The dreaded bedhead can be defeated with a spritz of moisture in the morning when you get up. You could also try braiding or plaiting your hair before bedtime. I'd also suggest a silky/satiny pillowcase to replace cotton as cotton can be drying.

I HTH!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The coconut oil that you want to be buying is unrefined Kind that you can put in your food. It doesnt have petroleum.. And with me TWA I am always always alwaya putting water in my hair with my spray bottle, Alot of ppl, put oils in their water (mine is: water evoo,castor oil some mane and tail leave in) But Yea the constant wetting it helps alot.. I have even done away with shower caps in the shower.
    Another help is castor oil on your hair when you get done washing/co washing
    One more thing i use sometimes (Im A horrible person cuz it has mineral oil Lol) Its called hawaiian silky (spell check) But Its mostly water but my hair loves this stuff.. Its A trial and error process really but i hope i helped good luck
    Check Out My Mark Store: http://cabrinilewis.mymarkstore.com/

ஐBriNatural0988ஐ

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spray your hair with light mist of water, rub in some olive oil, sleep in a satin bonnet, do this nightly.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't rinse my hair every day, but I do allow the steam from the morning shower to moisten my hair. I then rub in my hair butter and pull it into a puff. It seems to freshen a twist out for about 3-4 days before I want to retwist again.

Definitely agree with the ladies on the coconut oil at the grocery store. Not sure how you feel about ordering online, but there are some great natural ingredient resources out there if you want to make your own products.
    Nappy since November 11, 2003