Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzziwuz View Post
    White women dying their hair is equivalent to black women and relaxers.... both appealing to what media states is desirable. Most dye early and don't remember the natural hair color. I don't know why, when one see roots... but according to the older generation that's their account. When this phenomenon occurred? I don't know, but i'm assuming the "blondes have more fun" era/ blonde bombshells ie: Marilyn Monroe. Men desiring and associating blond with sexuality and power. What's astounding there's a small percentage of real blondes, and the majority witnessed are bleached. So they're brainwashed by media as well.
    Re the bolded: Not even close. See my article (front page of this site).

I wonder if it differs depending on where you live. In America in general, the majority of blondes over a certain age are probably dyed or at least wearing highlights. There are a lot of non-natural blondes in this part of the country. On the flip side, from what I can tell, most women above a certain age do NOT dye their gray hair, and again, I think that has to do with location as well as class status. I suspect it's hard to find 50-something women with gray hair in certain upscale American suburbs...but there are quite a few here in Iowa.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzziwuz View Post
    White women dying their hair is equivalent to black women and relaxers.
    I disagree...it is not considered MANDATORY for white women to dye their hair, as it has been drilled into black women that they MUST "fix" their hair. It's not shameful to be a brunette and the very word "brunette" has no negative connotation whatsoever.

No one whispers about a brunette "Why doesn't she do something with that brown hair?" No one asks brunettes "How long are you going to wear your hair like that?" or "What are you going to do with it?" It is fully accepted as normal that a woman might choose not to dye her brown hair - those of us with afro-textured hair are perceived to be radical or rebellious if we choose not to alter it.

There are plenty of brunette beauties and they are not considered odd or strange because they don't dye their hair blonde:

A black celebrity who wears her natural hair texture on the other hand is considered "newsworthy".

I don't see it as the same thing at all.
    Challenge Yourself.
    My Fotki: Becoming Natural Password: AuNaturel

anabwi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's that old commercial from 60s/70s,"if I have only one life, let me live it as a blonde?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12