User Tag List

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard of pretreating extension hair with apple cidar vinegar. How exactly do you guys do that and are the benefits that it helps the hair not suck so much moisture out of hair?

jenoy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put in extensions last Saturday just to see if I could and I bought the wrong hair, but I twisted instead of braided and I added some conditioner before I used the hair. HTH
    There is no failure in Jesus, so I am Sucker Free!
    I am not forgotten, God knows my name! - Israel & New Breed

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kinkity@Jun 1 2004, 12:10 PM
    I've heard of pretreating extension hair with apple cidar vinegar. How exactly do you guys do that and are the benefits that it helps the hair not suck so much moisture out of hair?
    [U]I just put some box braids in my daughters hair. I believe this is done to get the ph of the extension hair down(to match the level of human hair.

I pretreated with ACV(takes the acidity out of the hair and remember this is done to our hair when we have too much buildup or dantruff) and water. I put it in the bathtub since I had 5 packs of hair. Put them in the tub one at a time with the band still on them. Swished them and let them soak for about 15 minutes. There was a white film on the top of the water!! I was like ugh. I swished and pulled each bundle out and rinsed well with water, sprayed a little braid spray, and hung them overnight to dry.

AKAHLF Guest

I do the exact same thing as whoop727.