Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Baltimore, MD

Hello
    I'm searching for a good professional Natural Hair Salon in Baltimore. Thanks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreadz n Headz. They're off of Woodlawn Dr. near Security Square Mall. I got my locs started there and everyone I know who goes there has a good experience.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any other recommendations? I would like to add some other salons to my list as well.
    BC - December 23, 2010

View my hair journey -http://public.fotki.com/herownbeat/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naturally Me Salon
    Stylist: Jennifer
    Phone #: 443-415-3548

She is excellent.
    Satan TEMPTS you to bring out your worst, but GOD TESTS you to bring out your best!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by msyu4reeyah View Post
    Naturally Me Salon
    Stylist: Jennifer
    Phone #: 443-415-3548

She is excellent.
    She is....she did my starter locs....i'm going for a retwist on Thursday only thing is because of my Sub derm (and the need to wash my hair every two days), i need to get my babies latched and she does twisting and palm-rolling....but she knows her stuff....and has a hot collection of earrings too..
    1st BC: Mar '04 2nd BC: Aug '06 Last CFC: July '09..Last BC: Jan '10
    Started my locs: 7/29/10 yeah!!!
    Blog:http://mindofaladybug.blogspot.com Website:http://www.youtube.com/user/mindofaladybug

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a consultation with Jennifer next monday and i am looking forward to it. Will post. Was not impressed with Headz N Dreadz.... gave no product knowledge or consultation. Didnt even say what they were using and it was too congested in the salon.
    Last perm cut off January 2009
    Follow me at : http://vetsnaturalhairblog.blogspot.com/

I love my natural Hair!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vetsnatural211 View Post
    I have a consultation with Jennifer next monday and i am looking forward to it. Will post. Was not impressed with Headz N Dreadz.... gave no product knowledge or consultation. Didnt even say what they were using and it was too congested in the salon.
    Good!!! I'm sure you will love it.

As far Dreadz N Headz.....a friend of mine went there before and she said the same thing. She went once and never returned. She said it was loud and somewhat unprofessional.

That will make you appreciate Jennifer even more. Her environment is SO relaxed and peaceful.
    Satan TEMPTS you to bring out your worst, but GOD TESTS you to bring out your best!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several years ago, I used to go to a salon in Baltimore called "Twist and Shout". It was awesome and the locticians were so nice! Kinda near downtown.
    Strong Survivor
    Survivaversary - Feb08
    BC did not stand for Big Chop for me!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a consultation at Essentials Beauty Salon with La'Sonia. The consultation was fairly basic, but she did give me some ideas about styles we could do. She also said my hair was extremely dry and we would have to focus on conditioning.

When I went to my appointment, it didn't start out the best. The staff there was great, but I found out that she had double-booked. For some reason, I just didn't think that would happen. The stylist arrived 40 minutes late, but thankfully there was a great stylist assistant (Jerica) on hand. She asked what products I should be using, but I had no clue. We were supposed to be discussing that today. The assistant then asked about some of my hair issues and came up with a regime, and explained the purpose of each product. From that point on, things continued to improve. La'Sonia is a wonderful stylist and the salon is great. I asked for recommendations on products, and I just assumed that it would be Miss Jessie's or Deva since that's what they feature on the site. I had a whole forum discussing the products that I should use, including my stylist and the owner (Renee). Ok...maybe I'm exaggeratting a little bit, but I really did have three people help me out. :-) The receptionist (Brigida) was a gem. She had great product knowledge and was so sweet. I initially thought I would never return, but even with the higher prices, I do see myself going again and again. I love my hair!
    BC - December 23, 2010

View my hair journey -http://public.fotki.com/herownbeat/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone I have had my first professional styling with Dr. A of entwine couture. She did an emergency house call. She is very nice and knowledgeable. My hair looks and feels wonderful. She used a very small amount of her products but they made my hair feel great. Once some time passes I will update you on the moisture retention of the products. Her web site is entwinecouture.com. She is in Baltimore and works out of a shop try her website and get more info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast