User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    melody1234 Guest

Default Apple Cider Vineger Rinse

Hi All,

I'm washing my loc's tonight and would like to try the ACV rinse, but I'm not sure of the recipe. Would someone post it for me please?

Thanks

MPP

aquababie19 Guest

the one i have used is 1 part acv to 3 parts water. i think i have also seen a 1:5 ratio as well. the 1:3 hasn't bothered me at all. i also add a few drops of my favorite essential oil. hope this helps.

melody1234 Guest

Thankd, I'll try the 1:3 version first.

MPP

xotikloks Guest

I use the 1:5 ratio. Too much vinegar makes my hair feel dry. I also add some essential oils to my mix.

skegee94 Guest

I also use about a 1:5 ratio, sometimes a little more vinegar. My rule of thumb is that the water should be almost, but not quite, clear. I add a little almond oil and some rosemary essential oil as well. I make it cold and make it my final rinse.

Cococure Guest

Hmm.

I actually use an apple in my ACV rinse. You need a blender to make the rinse and a strainer to get the solid pieces out but it seems to work for me.

Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse - for shiny hair

Ingredients
    1 large apple
    2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Tools
    large bowl
    blender
    strainer

To Make Rinse: Combine apple (peeled and cut into small pieces) with apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of water. Put ingredients blender and blend on high for 15 seconds. Strain to remove solid pieces.

To Use Rinse: Pour liquid over hair, massage in and rinse with cool water.

I guess you don't really need to use the apple. I suppose to just makes the rinse thicker and a little easier to place where you want it to go. I just always liked the idea of using fruit to nourish my hair.

locdeeva Guest

I've done 1:4 ratio. I make it and let set the frig for 30 minutes. Then I wash and rinse my locs. On my final rinse, I use my ACV mixture. It feels good on a hot day.

krazeenapps Guest

@ cococure: that sounds really cool!

I've used all different kinds of ratios, but the one that worked best for me was 1:8 :shock: . Everytime I tried others, my hair felt soft but so stripped that it felt like I had put a bad perm on. So I had to keep cutting back. If the 1:3 doesn't work for you, a more diluted one will.

Chroma75 Guest

Do you guys rinse with water to get rid of the smell after the ACV rinse?
    Just wondering.

marissasensei Guest

I don't rinse with water after using the ACV. I think it's because 1) I use an ACV mix that has other EOs and herbs in it, so it smells marginally better and 2) I've used this mixture enough so that the smell doesn't bother me. Also, I've found that the smell goes away after 15-20 minutes.

I would think that rinsing with plain water would negate the effect of the ACV rinse. :?: I've read about other people adding EOs to mask the smell--maybe a search will turn up more specific suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast