User Tag List

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Have You Tried MIXED SILK by Silk Elements?

It is Silk Elements version of "Mixed Chicks." I just tried out the Nourishing Deep Conditioner and the Leave-In Conditioning Creme. Both products cost me $7.19 each, with my Sally's card.

Beginning with the DC , you only leave it on your hair for 3 minutes, no heating cap and all that jazz. It's in a 12 oz jar. Smells pleasant, nothing overpowering. But, I laughed at the jar. I didn't think this was going to do it for me. But it did! Super rich conditioner. Very thick and after leaving on for about 7 minutes, detangled with ease. I didn't need to use the 3 tablespoons that I scooped into my bowl. After that, I didn't need my rinse and probably didn't need the leave-in either. However, I purchased the leave-in, so...

Applied the leftover DC into hair (not much) then applied the leave-in. I used a lot (so I thought) wanted to see if hair would flake or crunch up. Combed leave-in through-let hair dry. No stickiness, a clean product. No flakes, same amount of crunch that I experience with any other product (no biggie). Hair was defined with a capital D, no frizz. Scrunched out crunch with One n Only Argan Oil (my favorite).

Best thing? I air dry my hair and this leave-in shaved off about 3 hours! I don't have a lot of staple products, too much of a product junkie for that, no loyalty to products, but this leave-in is going on my very short staple list because ANYTHING that shaves off 3 hours (it takes about 5-6 hours for my hair to dry in the winter) is a staple for me! I read on another forum that February these products are going to be on sale, about $2.00 less and I will be there for the leave-in and conditioner.

I can't wait to see how the conditioner holds up in the summer as a leave-in. I think both of these items together will be perfect weapons of mass destruction against humidity in the summer.

I have never tried Mixed Chicks, though I have ordered some. I don't know how Mixed Silk measures against it, but my hair likes this cheaper line at Sally's.
    Yea! for Sally's. Also, there is a shampoo. I did not buy this, but I may try it. I've read reviews on it and they have been good.
    Last edited by lhastings; 01-19-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to read your post, but the red, bold font is...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changed up the font for ya!

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 15% off coupon and am thinking about trying the leave-in. I don't know yet. Any other reviews?
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may actually give this a try now, but I need to look for some reviews. Sally's has a sale going, buy the shampoo or deep conditioner and get the leave-in for free. This is for the entire month of June.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lhastings View Post
    Changed up the font for ya!
    Thanks for that AND for sharing your review of the products!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw this and thought it might be a knock-off of Mixed Chicks. Glad to hear you liked it! I wish I could find something over the counter that I liked.
    Visit my blog: fragilehaircare-gilroygal.blogspot.com
    I share about my natural hair happenings, lessons, and experiences.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this product left my hair feeling like CRAP the second i put it on. I'm loathe to throw the entire jar out, but I can't bring myself to use it again. Ugh...FOR ME... that is...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Micheli- maybe you could mix it with something so that you don't waste it. I have thrown out MANY products over the years. Probably at LEAST $1,000.00 worth if not MORE. I know what you mean about not liking something, though. I read the list of ingredients on those and was like, NUH UH!!!
    Visit my blog: fragilehaircare-gilroygal.blogspot.com
    I share about my natural hair happenings, lessons, and experiences.